PDA

View Full Version : Cumbrian Lakes

gkjones
22-12-2004, 19:28
Hi, Does anybody know Cumbrian Lakes Community Area. Are there any local restaurants nearby? We are due to fly out tomorrow for Xmas and New Year! We stayed at Southern Dunes Last year and found a few local places to eat, which was quite nice to see how the locals live (in one place we were the only holiday makers and were a novelty to the restaurant. We are planning on going to the usual places, but like to get a insight on the local community. We are also planning to drive into Celebration as we have heard it is lovely.

Karen

Lynne S
22-12-2004, 19:39
Hello Karen,
Just back from Orlando after closing on our villa.
Can't help with Cumbrian Lakes Area......But "Celebration" is great, really lovely just to walk around and great places to eat.mmmmmmmmmmm We had a wonderful meal at the Main St Cafe.
Also it snow's every night on the hour at 6, 7, 8 & 9. It's a MUST DO.

Happy Holidays!!!!!![msnwink]

gkjones
22-12-2004, 19:51
We will definitely be going to Celebration! Thanks for that.

Merry Christmas[xmas1]

Karen

linda allen
22-12-2004, 20:48
Cumbrian Lakes is a lovely community. I'm sure you will love it.
It is about 5 minutes drive from the 192 and all the restaurants and shops. Your nearest super market will be Walmart on 192. To get there you need to leave CL and take a right turn onto Poinciana, continue for about 2 miles to Oren Brown and take a right, Walmart will be on your right at the junction of Oren Brown and 192. To get to some restaurants like Chilis and Uno just stay on Poinciana to the 192 and just turn right or left. I hope that helps, have a great time.

linda allen
22-12-2004, 21:09
Celebration is really lovely too and not far away from CL.

Fletch
22-12-2004, 21:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gkjones
Hi, Does anybody know Cumbrian Lakes Community Area. Are there any local restaurants nearby? We are due to fly out tomorrow for Xmas and New Year! We stayed at Southern Dunes Last year and found a few local places to eat, which was quite nice to see how the locals live (in one place we were the only holiday makers and were a novelty to the restaurant. We are planning on going to the usual places, but like to get a insight on the local community. We are also planning to drive into Celebration as we have heard it is lovely.

Karen
[/quote]

Hi Karen

How long will you be out there for? We fly out on 6 January and we're staying at Cumbrian Lakes too! We've never been there either, so it's nice to hear the positive comments so far. The impression I get from this site is that all these communities are lovely in their own right. Have a lovely holiday - happy Christmas[xmas1]

gkjones
22-12-2004, 23:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fletch
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gkjones

Karen
[/quote]

Hi Karen

How long will you be out there for? We fly out on 6 January and we're staying at Cumbrian Lakes too! We've never been there either, so it's nice to hear the positive comments so far. The impression I get from this site is that all these communities are lovely in their own right. Have a lovely holiday - happy Christmas[xmas1]
[/quote]

We fly back on the 6th, so just miss you! If I find an internet cafe, I will let you know what Cumbrian Lakes is like! Merry Christmas!

Karen

Joolz
23-12-2004, 19:49
Cumbrian Lakes is beautiful- clean - pristine community- we are staying there right now!!
It is very convenient for heading into Disney - if you contiunue over the 192 lights with Perkins on your left turn left onto Vineland and left again onto world center drive and follow the signs - the roads are all lit (lamposts- which 192 doesnt seem to have - so I feel much safer going that way-also avoids the rush of traffic on exit from parks) These are rough directions - take alook at a map ,,,, v convenient for Seaworld too.

There are some places nearby on 192- east and west - the nearest is Perkins on the 192 - Debbie the server there, is a real character and good laugh! and weve tried 3 other perkins this one is the best!! also near Krispy Kreme Donuts (yum)
There are also lots of nice places to eat up at Vineland.

We are heading down Poinciana to the new Poinciana Walmart (different from new Clermont one) today, hopeful that its real nice- going to pick up daughters birthday cake--- for 15th B'day on Xmas day! but the old 192 walmart is only about 5 mins away.

Also GOOD NEWS 'China One' deliver to Cumbrian Lakes yumm-- sweet and sour chicken, spicy beef and General Tso's Chicken !! Delicious - Tel: 407-396-8866

Fletch
23-12-2004, 20:06
Thanks for that info Joolz. I'm starting to get VERY excited now - just a little old thing called Christmas getting in the way of the preparations [msnwink].

What's the weather like at the moment - it's saying 68 degrees on Weatherbug.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday - we can compare notes on Cumbrian Lakes when we get back!

Joolz
24-12-2004, 05:40
Just a note which might help - incase you get it in time-
when you turn off the 192 onto Poinciana Blvd to get to Cumbrian Lakes I am guessing it will be at night time- so after the first couple of subdivisions there is a long gap..... the order of the next lot of subdivisions you will need to pass goes: All on the left hand side...
Indian Pont
Eagle Pointe
Liberty Village ( A Reindeer christmas lights decoration)
Cumbrian Lakes
'
Just thought I'd let you know (since we missed it frst time- road is poorly lit)
have a great time. Joolz

Joolz
24-12-2004, 05:46
PS
Weather out here is variable (see recent thread on Discovery cove for more details.)
Today we had a sprinkle of rain - warm and humid- tshirts all day and thin jumpers in evening! [8D]
The walmarts in Poinciana takes about 15 mins from door to dooor its nice and clean and smart - if you want cheap cds better selection at new walmart on 27! The Birthday cake looks fab - princesses and my daughters name on it - smallest size =approx 12'' x6'' and only $15.88

Fletch
24-12-2004, 15:12
Thanks Joolz - I've made a note of the directions, any information I can get about the route is most welcome! Our flight lands in Orlando at 14.50, so we hopefully will clear immigration and get on the road before darkness falls! Or maybe not - what time does it get dark?

A very happy birthday to your daughter for tomorrow - hope you all have a lovely day.[beer]

LiesaAnna
25-12-2004, 02:04
joolz
hope your daughter has a fantastic day tomorrow! and everyone else that loves christmas.......doing a bah humbug this year as i would much rather be in florida then here!
also glad the weather is looking good for you! you'll need a bit more then a coat and hat here! its cold and very wet!

Joolz
26-12-2004, 04:49
Had a fab day today! Thanks for your kind wishes Fletch and Liesa Anna!We had Brunch at Celebration WOW!!! Worth every penny!
They even brought out a small (complimentary) choc cake with candle and sprkler for my duaghter- when I get back Ill post some pics!!
Off to dolphins tommorrow.
It rained all day today - miserable cold and wet!

Fletch - sun sets at 5.30pm and its dark at 6pm

also I forgot one 'village' in the list of directions...

Terra Verde
Indian Pont
Eagle Pointe
Liberty Village ( A Reindeer christmas lights decoration)
Cumbrian Lakes

LiesaAnna
26-12-2004, 13:18
mustnt forget Terre Verda! thats where we're going next November!