PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire

imported_n/a
14-02-2002, 15:45
This forum would be useful for tips on best buys - I admit we tend to shop around each time we travel and could not really recommend any particular firm to our guests, any suggestions?

It could also include info about how not to lost your car at Theme Parks, how to deal with breakdowns etc.

imported_n/a
15-02-2002, 23:52
As a new member had not investigated all the services offered on the Orlando Villa site but now I have had time to look at it I realise the prices are extremely competitive.

orlandobabe
16-02-2002, 03:50
I'm an agent for a car company and get 20% discount off any car I hire or book for guests.

I think keeping 20% is a bit greedy-so I usually pass on 10% back to the guests-more if they are having an 8 seater for 3 weeks.
My motto
I'd rather have a little bit of something than a lot of nothing!

It's great for our own cars though!

Orlandobabe

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-02-2002, 04:04
I can't remember who recommended us to Americars...anyway we have booked a 7 seater "Scooby Doo Mystery Machine" for £213 per week with Dollar. I think this is good value and will save us that bus trip to the Alamo depot.

By the way I'm Daphne and John is Shaggy!

John & Sarah

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 21/02/2002 23:04:08

esprit
22-02-2002, 02:36
I have a car hire agency also but find most UK clients have already booked theirs off their airline before they get to me. Mine is a UK company which means its difficult to book cars for Americans because any exchange rate change can quickly eat up my commission. So I dont find it that lucrative. But is does mean you get a discount when you book a car for yourself, which is worth having.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
22-02-2002, 02:56
The Americars price for a 7 seater is better than we have ever been offered - how do you book with them?
Jane

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
22-02-2002, 03:02
Hi Jane

Phone them on 01424 814100 (UK).

John

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

TonyM19
10-05-2003, 13:42
Hi

Sorry to ressurect an old thread. I picked this up from a Google search for Americars. It is easily the cheapest quote I've had so far but I wonder if anybody could just answer a few questions about what insurance is actually needed? I notice that Americars include Collision Damage Waiver and Liability Insurance. A few of the more expensive quotes have also included Under or Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP). Is this absolutely vital or would a standard UK Travel Insurance Policy cover this?

Cheers

TonyM19
11-05-2003, 16:59
I can see that I'm asking in the wrong section of this forum. I'm moving it. Sorry for any inconvenience