PDA

View Full Version : Flight ticket going for grabs

Steviek
20-12-2004, 23:25
Our 16 year old daughter has today decided she no longer wants to come with us. We have ticket for the 27th returning on the 6th Jan Man to Orlando via Chicago brilliant flight times with BMI
Can anyone suggest how we could get rid of the ticket?

MaggieAllan
21-12-2004, 00:13
Perhaps ebay??? I've never used it but everyone else seems to.

Our son did the same to us when he was 16....although not quite so close. They are alright, it's us parents who feel it.

LiesaAnna
21-12-2004, 00:34
is this what my now 16 year old gonna do to me then, we have just agreed to go to florida next year, steve says shes to come, what if she says yes now then changes her mind?
[gun]kids.......

walden64
21-12-2004, 00:49
Our eldest daughter is 16 in March and refused to come away with us August next year. I didn't think it was worth pushing the point so we have booked flights without her - what's the betting that she will change her mind in July and I will suddenly have to pay sky high prices to get her a seat[msnmad]

KJH
21-12-2004, 00:50
Mine wouldn't have any option if they had agreed to go, they would either have to pay for the ticket in full or come as agreed .

wrpac00
21-12-2004, 01:21
Mine would not be given the choice, they would have to go.

You may have some problems getting rid of the ticket as it is in your daughters name. From experience I changed the name on a Virgin flight some 8 months before flying and I had one hell of a job, had to get really stroppy. Apparently they are not allowed to changed names on tickets, you would have to cancel and then they would sell the seat again at full price - they have it made don't they?

Cheshirecat
21-12-2004, 01:29
I'm afraid you can't change the name on the ticket. It is in the airline Conditions of Carriage.

<span style="color:red">Unfortunately once purchased, tickets are for use by the person named on the ticket only and may not be changed.</span id="red">

Taken from http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/travelinformation/customerservices/bookingtermsandconditions.aspx

Caz

CASSIEANDMEG
21-12-2004, 02:25
We have taken our two lads to florida for years allways had great time .went for 3weeks at christmas 2000 .oldest son 17 then spoiled the holliday ,as he did not want to be in florida but at home with friends.[msnmad] now we go on own have great time [msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
21-12-2004, 21:28
It might seem a bit mad but why not offer to take a friend to keep her company, hopefully someone will only be too pleased to fork out for a tickt to join her?

chrizzy100
21-12-2004, 22:03
My son is 16 and he stays at home with his girlfriends parents......his sister is 23 so its not like he is alone.........I keep telling the kids we like going alone so we can start work on a baby brother or sister for them.....LOL

LiesaAnna
21-12-2004, 22:35
mine would like that chrizzy!!!
Terri is saying she doesnt want to come next year, but i dont know whether to believe her or not! she hates staying in the bedroom on holiday on her own! when lynnes daughter jess came we had to take the matrees fromthe spareroom and put it in her room, so how will she cope in this big house with a dog that doesnt stop screaming, she can only make home cook chips! some holiday i'd have i'd be afraid of the house burning down! kids are put on this planet to annoy me...... i know they are..........it works...........

spose i will have to leave booking the flights for a while till shes certain! i couldnt trust her to stay here!!!!!!!!![V]

kaysvacationvilla
21-12-2004, 23:28
I certainly would not leave mine alone for that length of time at 16 as I remember what I was like at 16. Too much freedom and too much responsability(if taking care of the house) for someone that age in my opinion anyway. My parents left when I was 17 for a vacation, but my older sister only lived a half mile away and was ALWAYS checking up on me.

chrizzy100
21-12-2004, 23:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
mine would like that chrizzy!!!
Terri is saying she doesnt want to come next year, but i dont know whether to believe her or not! she hates staying in the bedroom on holiday on her own! when lynnes daughter jess came we had to take the matrees fromthe spareroom and put it in her room, so how will she cope in this big house with a dog that doesnt stop screaming, she can only make home cook chips! some holiday i'd have i'd be afraid of the house burning down! kids are put on this planet to annoy me...... i know they are..........it works...........

spose i will have to leave booking the flights for a while till shes certain! i couldnt trust her to stay here!!!!!!!!![V]
[/quote]

My daughter stayed in England when we went to Canada one year....she was just 17....her friend 2 doors down stayed with her......and her mum popped in.....my son has stayed home about 3 times now....last time he had a fall out with his sister on the last day.....the neighbours around here watch the house and have our number.....and the cops know the kids are here alone so they driveby at night.....