PDA

View Full Version : Top Tips for Sea world

Joolz
20-12-2004, 08:00
We were in Sea world today 19th December 04- I just couldnt resist passing these tips on to you all. [8D]
it was soooo much quiter and calmer than Magic Kingdom Yesterday (which was bedlam :( people pushing and shoving etc... )
Today Sea World was a delight.
We chose not to spend our money on the sharks grill meal BUT we did go into the bar and have frozen non alcoholic cocktails- delicious!! We had the option of Strawberry Dacari (not sure on spelling?) or Pina Colada or Strawberry Colada (mixture of both) ooooh it was yummy! We got to see the sharks- and it was fab to sit at the bar and look at the aquarium topped bar with sea potato, blood red shrimps and tropical fish ... kids loved it.... easier on the pocket too! [msnwink]They cost $4.15 + tax each

Another tip is that during the christmas period they have a fountain show to end the evening - lights carols fountains- not spectacular but enjoyable- we went into the Spice Mills cafe for a large hot chocolate at (about $2 each) and sat by the window then when they announced the start we moved outside to the veranda where we had the best view (and were Up wind from the spray! ) [msnsmile2]

The whole atmosphere at Sea world was lovely and more peaceful than Dusney - quite a welcome change - and we enjoyed the evening Shamu Christmas performance- fabulous! [msnsmile2]

Nostromo
20-12-2004, 10:57
Yes, Sea World is a very well organised park with lots of space to walk around without the usual pushing and shoving. But it can get very busy too, especially during the peak season.

This Christmas fountain show sounds interesting. Joolz, if you took any pictures of the show, please try to post some for the rest of us to see.

LiesaAnna
20-12-2004, 11:51
we went to seaworld last monday, and it was fantastic! had never been before nor had any of us been interested in it!
but we all said it was the best park!, the atmosphere was great! no pushing and there were many kids there another school trip i think! we saw the shamu show and couldnt believe what a creature like that and that size could do "cos he wants to" and the other smaller ones! they seem so happy!
the mannatees were something that had caught my eye sometime ago! and to actually see them was lovely! so gentle and so huge!
i loved the penguins! never seen them before!
it was just such a nice place, but the weather turned and it was freezing!
dolphins!!!!!!oh bless them! they were so happy playing in the dolphin nursery! they were tossing their toy over the side just like a dog with a toy then getting the ladies attention for her to through it back in! then they chased it to do it again and again!
must go there again! i walked for 5 hours! my feet killed as well as my leg! but it was worth it!

SunLover
20-12-2004, 16:29
Liesa

So glad you had a great time at SeaWorld.

It is our favourite park without a doubt, for all the reasons you mention above, and then some !

:D

Joolz
20-12-2004, 20:40
No photos- sorry - I dont have a very sophisticated camera-
!!
Joolz

Ray&Sarah
20-12-2004, 21:15
Sea World is my favourite park too, it is usually less crowded and does not feel as closed in as some for the other parks.[msnsmile2]

brizzle
20-12-2004, 21:35
..and free beer.
Anywhere that gives you some free beer is already in my good books, add to that the fabulous animal shows and the equal best coaster in the area (tied with Hulk in my list). Atlantis is a nice twist on the splash mountain ride as well.

And as people have said it's just a nice park to amble about and enjoy which is what holidays are all about.

We got one of those divers to dive for an oyster. We only got a normal pearl but the daughters loved the fact that he swam down especially for them.

Brizzle.

Nostromo
20-12-2004, 22:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
..and free beer.
Anywhere that gives you some free beer is already in my good books.

Brizzle.
[/quote]

Mine too, but I have to confess that I am not a great fan of Bud beer or its cousins.

brizzle
21-12-2004, 12:09
I tried the 'fake Guiness' and it wasn't too bad at all.
Tasted more like the Guiness in Eire than the Guiness we get over here in England.

Brizzle.

Magical Dreams
16-02-2005, 22:14
I must say that SeaWorld is close to our Heart's.

We just love Shamu and the Dolphins.

Shamu is just Ab Fab

Would love to train to be a Trainer (Not for a Day)

[msncool]

LiesaAnna
16-02-2005, 23:25
just cannot wait to get back there myself it was so good!!! never realized how much we would love these creatures!!!!and have put them top of every list of things to do when in florida!!!!!:D

dodgey memory
17-02-2005, 13:30
Sea world sounds like a refreshing change BUT has any one ever come away thinking it's cruel? I don't like to see perfoming animals. What's the general feeling? Teresa

poohbear
17-02-2005, 14:59
not at all the animals love the trainers as much as the trainers love the animals... go see you will love it there..

Nostromo
17-02-2005, 15:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by poohbear
not at all the animals love the trainers as much as the trainers love the animals... go see you will love it there..
[/quote]

I am not too sure about this. I don't think we humans have the correct 'wavelength' to judge whether the animals that we interact with really like us or not. We cannot judge all creatures on the norms of trained pets like domestic dogs. The animals at Sea World and elsewhere seem to co-operate with their human 'masters' because they know full well that their food chain depends on it. Animals are very instinctive creatures when it comes to survival. No matter how "good" the conditions at places like AK, BG, SW etc seem to us, the fact remains that they are not natural habitats and we humans call the shots.

I enjoy Sea World as much as the next guy, but there is always that latent feeling of guilt.

Ray&Sarah
17-02-2005, 20:07
I know what you mean Nostromo but still love Sea World. It was nice to see the wild dolpins when we went out on a boat trip from Clearwater, they just enjoyed putting on a show for us, it was great.[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
17-02-2005, 20:19
i need to know more about this boat trip at clearwater!!! we are going to florida Nov 1st for two weeks, and are planning on visiting clearwater!! tell me more pleeeeese..........

Ray&Sarah
17-02-2005, 20:28
We did the sunset trip, which was fantastic. Just turned up at the dock late afternoon after a day at Busch Gardens. It wasn't really very expensive. They have an offer that if you don't see any dolphins you get another trip for nothing as well. We saw loads of dolphins and they put on a fantastic show for us, it was great to see them out in the wild jumping and playing. Came ack after the sun had gone down and went for a meal at Laverocks, all in all a great way to spend the evening.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
17-02-2005, 21:08
thanks Ray and Sarah!! will look forward to that, are there likely to be dolphins around in November???

Ray&Sarah
17-02-2005, 21:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
thanks Ray and Sarah!! will look forward to that, are there likely to be dolphins around in November???
[/quote]

I think so Liesa, they pretty much do the trips all year round. We were there in late October last year and they were going out regularly.[msnsmile2]