PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Horror - Car Crash in Orlando - 3 Dead

jtijani
20-12-2004, 00:38
There has been news of two families from London killed in a car accident in Orlando yesterday. Three adults died and four children are in intensive care. Not sure of the full details but apparently the wife of one of the deceased decided to stay at their rented villa that day as she had a little baby and were both tired, while the others went out to eat. Never heard of anthing like this in Orlando. It is very sad, and has been on the news all day.[msncry] We are going to Orlando in a few days and must say I am a little scared.[msnscared]

julieanne
20-12-2004, 00:46
I've been watching this story on the news.
Desperately sad news and my heart goes out to the families and friends of those involved.

But I wouldn't be unduly scared by it jtijani - after all car accidents can happen anywhere if you are unlucky enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Enjoy your holiday - and drive carefully, just as you would at home.

Nostromo
20-12-2004, 01:09
There are two other threads about this already in 'Off topic', including links to news releases. Yes, it is desperately sad for all concerned, but such accidents are fortunately rare in Orlando. By all accounts, it seems like the truck driver was blameless.