PDA

View Full Version : 1st time at epcot

Sally D
19-12-2004, 16:53
We will be going to Orlando for the 3rd time next year and have not yet made it to epcot, but will this time. I have read mixed reviews on this park. Is there plenty to do and see for a full day and where is the best place to be to watch the fireworks. Any information please.[msnsmile2]

daxon
19-12-2004, 17:03
Hi Sally!
Yes definately worth it! It is different - less the traditional "theme park" type but still things for all ages. Have you had a look on the vacation guides on the sites with links at the top of the page? There are reviews of the parks by various people - I wrote about our experiences of Epcot, so you could try:
http://www.villasflorida.com/vacation_guide/cat-disney-parks2.aspx
The guides all have different articles so its well worth a browse!

Nostromo
19-12-2004, 17:26
People vary very widely in their view of Epcot. For me, it is the piece de resistance of a visit to Orlando. I have always said that if i had only two days in Orlando, I would use both to visit Epcot. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the world.

Ideally, you need two full days for Epcot, especially if going at peak times of the year. The park consists of TWO parts; the first id "Future World", which opens at 9am and takes a good day to see, allowing queues for the rides and the kids time at 'innovations'. The second part is called "World Showcase" and opens at 11am; in my opinion, it is better to do this part of Epcot in a counter-clockwise manner and plan to arrive at the Mexico pavilion by about 8:15pm, to find a good vantage point to watch the unmissable 9pm pyrotechinics while eating supper.

IanW
20-12-2004, 00:23
Hi Sally,
Do you have any children with you? Our son was 4 yrs old and on our first visit to Epcot he wasn't too impressed until we discovered World Showcase was excellent for meeting the characters. Apparently Disney realised they needed to do something to attract the younger visitors.
Ian

Sally D
20-12-2004, 03:47
My girls are 10, 12 and 15 and my niece is 16.

KJH
20-12-2004, 05:02
It's the only park we have managed to stay at from when it opened, till closing after the fireworks.

We have 3 children who enjoyed it as well

Kaz

brizzle
20-12-2004, 20:58
At least two days for us at this park.
I think we spent most time in this park on our last visit.
Our two children are 2 and 5 and they love it.
It does depend though, some kids (and adults) just don't like it.
It is the Marmite of Disney I think, you either like it or you don't and admittedly we have grown into it more and more as time has gone on.

The kidcot stations have added the thrill of making masks and collecting things at each country...
...and the characters are obviously a natural kiddie magnet.
..and the extra freedom I find to let them just run free, sometimes the other parks are a little crowded to let them just 'do there own thing' too much.

They also love all the hands on stuff in Futureworld...
...and then there's The Living Sea's which they love with it's sealife and now the Crush talk. Before we knew it we had spent over two hours just in there last trip...
...and free drinks at Ice Station Cool
...and Figment, Test Track, Mission Space, Honey I Shrunk.., Spaceship Earth.

Had to edit this as somehow I forgot (doh!) Disneys best show in Illuminations:Reflections of Earth. Truly truly one of the best spectacles in the world.

Ooodles to do,

Brizzle.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/brizzle/2004122017843_x_illuminations.jpg

E. Cosgrove
20-12-2004, 21:11
Totally agree Brizz, you can easily fill 2 days there. I find something new to enjoy every time we go. The American Adventure is my favourite, very patriotic even though I am a Brit!!

brizzle
20-12-2004, 21:21
Shhh, don't tell anyone but I've still not done any of the indoor bits of the American Pavillion.
Don't ask me why, just haven't gone in...scandalous really but maybe it's something in the back of my head saying 'leave something so you have to come back' :)

Brizzle.

Sally D
20-12-2004, 21:28
Thanks everyone. We will spend a day here and as we have a spare day might have to go back for a second day.
[xmas1]