PDA

View Full Version : contents

belfastbob
17-12-2004, 21:10
now that the time is upon us, we are due to leave on sun.19th for our dream holiday,question is,we didn't think of asking just what is in the villas as standard.e.g.a washing machine,iron,dishwasher etc. also i heard that some have playstations etc. for the kids,just curious as i never thought(as usual). many thanks!!![:I]

Nostromo
17-12-2004, 21:24
Things like Washing Machines, Drier, dishwasher, iron, coffee kettle etc ate all standard on most villas. With Playstations and such, although many villas have those, best to check with the owner in your case.

shenon
17-12-2004, 22:04
sometimes you can rent these things from the management company if they are not already in the villa..have a great time:)

blott
18-12-2004, 05:05
Another advantage of booking via a private home owner - your home owner should be able to give you a detailed list of their home contents!

As you booked through an agent, there's no way of telling in advance what your home has got in the way of extras, if any. Just have to wait and see I guess...

Have a great time! :)

ctgirlscout
18-12-2004, 06:29
Its a safe bet that the house will have all the major appliances, and most of the small ones, i.e. coffee pot, and all pots, pans, dishes, towels, sheets. Also, most houses supply baby items. Anything else would be considered an extra, such as playstation or computer. As Blott says, any owner would be happy to let you know what exactly is in the home.

DarrenShort
18-12-2004, 10:51
Most villas also have at least two televisions hooked up to one of the cable suppliers, and most will have a telephone with free local calls [msncool]

MaggieAllan
18-12-2004, 12:14
Have a great time Bob and family.

We have booked privately most times, however we did have an allocate on arrival last time (won't bore with the reason). It had everything you could possibly need household wise, but totally lacked the finishing touches that make it one you would recommend or go back to. There was limited cable TV coverage, no play stations etc, any books, films, tourist info. and I'm sorry to say was a bit shabby. It was clean but had been damaged by previous occupants e.g. pink stains from spilt drinks. I believe people respect the property more when they have had to deal personally with the owner.

I do hope yours is much better and I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

Happy holidays[xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2][xmas2]

LiesaAnna
18-12-2004, 21:20
i agree with you maggie on that one!
have a great time Bob and gang![xmas1]