PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh-Durham International Airport

Nostromo
17-12-2004, 21:56
I have had to change from US Airways to American Airlines for my trip to the Carolinas next summer. This means that I'll be flying into Raleigh-Durham in North Carolina instead of Charlotte. I have never been through that airport and have no idea what to expect. Can someone fill me in if possible, please?

jolliffee
18-12-2004, 00:41
I have tripped in and out of there a lot, I have always found it a friendly airport but being close to large universities and large technical institutions it can be busy if your timing is wrong. Like when every one and their uncle is visiting the Uni's... Is this you just passing through or are you going into town?

Nostromo
18-12-2004, 02:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jolliffee
I have tripped in and out of there a lot, I have always found it a friendly airport but being close to large universities and large technical institutions it can be busy if your timing is wrong. Like when every one and their uncle is visiting the Uni's... Is this you just passing through or are you going into town?
[/quote]

Just passing through to start with. The only London flight lands there at 4:20pm and I have booked an overnight room in the La Quinta Inn near the airport. Next morning I'll be taking a flight to Indianapolis. On the way back the following week, I'll pick up a 4x4 at Raleigh and start my 2-week trip of the Carolinas that includes the Blue Ridge Parkway, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Congaree National Park, Myrtle Beach and the Outer Banks. I'll be spending overnight in Raleigh again on the way back and plan a trip to Asheboro to see the Classic American Motorcycle Museum before catching the flight back home.