PDA

View Full Version : Next couple of days......... 1st - 15th Dec 04

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 11:48
day 2

bad night with legs and upside down body clock!!!!!!!

did some reading whilst waiting for them to get up............ dum de dum..........
went in the pool which needed to be turned up for me, i like it hot.......[msnwink]
got them all up eventually, so much room in this villa, 4 bedrooms only 5 of us........
sun isnt really shinning!!!
went to nosey at the new walmart and of course steve drove straight passed it....doh......
went back....its massive, made me feet ache.....
so many things.. dont like the guns and knives tho, lovely christmas deccies,, started buying for home!! the toys are so cheap, Bratz dolls (Lauren 9, loves them,) 12 dollars, got a couple of them, 1 for Jess (jadehouse daughter,) and 1 for Lauren, so they would have something to play with when resting............lol
decided to have a look at premium outlets..... do you think we could find the way in...... no we couldnt, oh well save it for another day.........
couldnt believe the state of the place, trees blown over everywhere! and roadworks, you've never seen anything like it!!!!! why dont they do a bit at a time????? instead of many many roads at once?, what a mess ( think the hurricane that swept through the UK in 87, (was very bad in Brighton and the south)looked worse tho' couldnt decide at first if the mess was due to roadworks, but soon realized it was hurricanes damage, and it took the roadsigns down, cos steve kept getting lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, why dont they put them up first???
Anyway the kids have come down with streaming colds!!! so not doing to much yet wait for them to get a bit better, before hitting the parks.........
went to macdonalds AGAIN..... not funny!! gonna look like a big tasty soon:D
stayed in and watched wrestling with a lovely cuppa....
forgot to mention steve and Russ have already found clothing for them in walmart...... here we go...... jeans, shirts.........
havent heard from Lynne at this stage..... need her......[msnwink]
and not forgetting...... missing you lot.......

day 3

up early again 5.30am......
leg still playing up....
Busch gardens today.....
yep got lost... spent over 2 hours trying to get there.......
found it by 11.30am
waether was lovely!! nice and hot!!
went on rhino ralley, (thats my limit and my bit done for the day.....)
went into haunted lighthouse, lovely, till the perishing things ran between my legs and got sprayed wiv water...[msnscared]
steve and Terri couldnt get enough of the rollercoasters ..... i hold the bags wiv Russ (cept we dont take any;))
forgot to mention it was the schools expedition day.......... horrid noisy kids everywhere!!!!!!
got winchimes for Daniel (will post today)
queing wasnt as bad as expected with all these hundreds of kids around, lovely day,
Russ got absoultely drenched on congo river rapids..[laugh]
had a look through the aviaries at the birds so pretty, they were landing on Laurens hand, took pics...
lovely day had by all, got lost on way home!!! ended up around hillsborough (i think) next day reports on tv of shootings at a subway food place, lady killed,!!! nasty.....(they got the so and so on our last day)

day 4

throat hurting!! how selfish after all i've done for this lot.... the way to repay me.. give me their colds and bad throats!!!!!!
up at 5.45am, finished my book.......been in pool for over an hour.....lovely!!!!!
villa owner called..... nice man.....

went shopping!!!
lots of gap hoodies (my lot love them) Russ did the trainer shop, you know the story, buy 2 get the 3rd free..... and i forgot to pack steves trainers!!!!!!! he didnt find any he liked!!!!in that shop..... loads of bargains at old Navy..... this was all at Lake Buena vista,
Terri and Lauren got new trainers as well, bad girls (didnt want to they made me........)
went back to villa, for a soak of the aching feet in pool, it was now at boiling temp, lovely!
kids ate at burger king(theyre choosing) and steve and i had a chinese, on highway 27, i loved it steve didnt.......
did old town tonight even tho we're all knack

MaggieAllan
17-12-2004, 12:04
I know what you mean about the road signs being down....we took a few wrong turnings until we got our barings in September. I presumed they would all be repaired by now, but I suppose the extent of the damage meant other things were more important. Where were the roadworks? still 192?

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 12:28
eveywhere!!!! 192, highway 27, bridges being built at the top end, roadworks dreadful at the lower end of the 192, towards medieval times and that walmart, really hold you up big time!
I4 is a mess! many many roadworks,
looks like many roads are being prepared, so probably will look even worse in the next few weeks, you'll have to let us know!

we watched on TV courtcases, they were giving big fines for billboard owners who had replaced the boards without permits, ( one being the goats milk/candy place on the 27) they also were given only so long for the department of highways to finish clearing hurricane damage ie. boards gone over, debris, etc....

julieanne
17-12-2004, 12:47
Liesa

Brilliant report so far. But I'm worried you are eating too many McDonalds - was looking forward to hearing about lots of lovely meals ;)

All those roadworks are a damn nuisance aren't they?

Looking forward to the piccies [msnwink]

djdigitald
17-12-2004, 13:34
Agrre with all the damage and tree's still down, couldn't believe it when i was there. Sounds like you had a very busy first couple of days!!!

BTW thanks for getting Kaye's Windchimes, she is very pleased!!

SunLover
17-12-2004, 15:32
Wow Liesa, you hit the ground running don't ya !!!

Sounds like you had a brilliant time, especially with all that shopping...am I seeing a trend emerging here ? :)

chris c
18-12-2004, 01:40
Welcome back Liesa.
Great report so far!!
I expect you have done all your Christmas shopping then!
I was useless when I went over in November and hardly bought anything! Still I'll try to do better when I go over next May.