PDA

View Full Version : Liesa's start to the holiday!

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 10:54
30th Nov
did the twilight checkin tuesday eve, all went well, got bulkhead seats, very happy!

1st Dec

Not forgetting the hat!!!!!! will get Russ to do piccies at weekend, hes got to go to work:D:D:D
went to the airport for 7.45am, with kerrie, Andy, and baby grandson Bradley!
had Macdonalds brekky, my lot so look forward to this!. (last time we went i had a migraine so couldnt do anything) this time thanks to Diazepan, Rescue remedy, cocodamol (legs) and i think you lot!! was so happy and relaxed!!!
9am, went for a look around the shops, bought bits and pieces,
10.15 we were told boarding gate was open!!!!
they didnt tell us we had a detour! steps steps and more steps! then onto a bus not good for me!(started me off!)
anyway, sat and waited....and waited........and waited....... the flight was due to leave at 11.15am, we boarded at 11.45am, oh well, took off pretty quickly!!!!!

am on my way to florida!!!!!!!!!

had a grizzle, feel so panicky on take off!!!!!
anyway soon settled! the staff were lovely! so friendly such a change from the last holiday to florida!..........
the food was lovely. got told off for not booking kids meals, but they managed to find 2 for my girls, lots of food hot and tasty!
(couldnt see the point of ordering kids meals, did so last time and didnt get them!)
6 1/2 hours into the flight in my bulkhead seats, lots of walking to help the legs (mum died of DVT 8 yrs ago, so am very wary of sitting for long times)
the legs went mad!!!!!!!!!! the pain, dreadful...... i was in tears, steve was trying to cuddle me, took more of everything, cocodamol, diazepan, zacin cream, and the rescue remedy!
30 mins later felt much better Thank God!!!
turned the watch to US time as soon as we boarded, got to florida with little turbelance at 4pm ish, through the immigration photos and finger prints very quick! and a humourous couple which pleased me steve and the kids, nice and friendly (made a change.....)
straight to Alamo car hire, no messing as we had sent the card off 5 days before hand to alamo for direct service, everything went smoothly!!!!!!
got to the villa very quickly very surprised!
the weather was lovely!!!!so hot.....hope it stays that way! unpacked hit macdonalds for quickness,very yummy!!!!!!!
then WALMART!!!!!!!the old one at Haines city, many things later back to villa and the pool!!! waited for so long and here it is...............
went to bed with dreadful knee pain, thought it would ease once i was rested but it didnt, never mind! its sure to get better as rest more[msnwink]

This is the life......................
[beer]
[zzz][zzz][zzz][msncry][zzz][zzz][zzz]

[xmas1]

Ray&Sarah
17-12-2004, 11:38
Glad to hear you arrived safely Liesa and that after all the worry beforehand the seats on the plane were ok. Looking forward to the next instalment and the pics. [msnsmile2]

jolliffee
17-12-2004, 12:39
Good one Liesa, though very sorry to hear about your leg pains, you must be very brave to fly knowing you may get them. I agree about children&'s meals maybe some one gets them and the Vegy meals but they never seem to make it to us.

Looking forward to the next instalment and of course, the photographs.
[msnsmile2]

SunLover
17-12-2004, 15:26
Well despite of one or two ups and downs, at least you'll be ready for the rollercoasters !!!

finishrich
17-12-2004, 21:11
Hope you got the discount card at the customer service desk in the premium outlets and saved even more money!

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 21:13
no i didnt!!!
but if you knew about the savings we had made, you would probably be cross with me! so am not telling!!

finishrich
17-12-2004, 21:18
The extra discounts didn't apply to every shop - so I'm guessing they wouldn't have applied at the shops you bought in. But make sure you remember for your next visit.

I'm not usually one to pick up those things but glad I did on our trip in September - it seems so long ago now!

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 22:15
i will tell you...........
some of the shops dont add up properly on the tills!
cant remember every shop, but reebok was one of them, we bought the toddlers outfits, shorts for steve, various bits and pieces, when he said $85 dollars i paid him, but did think thats cheap!
when i looked at the receipt i noticed there was 3 items that didnt register! i wasnt going back i've heard of people in the UK doing that and being accused of shoplifting!
counted myself lucky!
put photos in to be developed at walmart, i put my other items on the counter as she offered tp ring them up on her till save me going through the other ones, it came to $39 not bad i thought (remember i'm still new to dollars!!!!)
when we got home, i remembered the photos and noticed that they were $35 the other things i bought were $39 so she obviously overlooked the photos!
i was at home when i realized.....
then there was the Gap outlet, dont know what they did but my goodies should've been $180 i think, was charged under %100, but they put certain prices on then charge others, then take off another 20% then add 6% tax
i get so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am normally so honest!