PDA

View Full Version : All at Sea!

Ruth
17-12-2004, 05:52
At last, I persuaded Wayne to hire a boat so we could try our hand at boating. In return I had to skipper the 23' Beachcat and we had a fantastic time. We didn't see any dolphins today which is very unusual but we did see a manatee which was a first for us:)We spent over 3 hours out in the boat, both on the open water and the intracoastal waterways. I can't wait to try it again;)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ruth/2004121714724_16.12.04.jpg

SunLover
17-12-2004, 08:56
Sounds like a brilliant day out Ruth.

And thanks for the photo.

Ohhh Arrr Cap'n :D

marion
18-12-2004, 00:19
I love boats
You make a good skipper.:D:D:D

DarrenShort
18-12-2004, 00:52
That looks great fun, may try that next time we visit [msnsmile2]

tadpole
20-12-2004, 04:38
Hi Ruth,

Looks like you had a great time on the Ocean waves!

Would be interested in hiring out a boat similar to the one you had next month.

Where did you pick it up? and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost. (I Have hired boats in the U.K. and you can pay anything between £100 to £200 a day depending of course on the size. )

Any info gratfully received.

Regards

Tom

Ruth
24-12-2004, 08:28
Hi Tom,

I can DM you the details on where we rented from if you wish, it was on the way over to Manasota Key. It cost $165 for 4 hours plus fuel costs (total about $200) but there were smaller (and therefore cheaper) boats available. We could have rented it for longer. I have also been recommended to another company who charge $35 an hour plus tax but did not find out about this one until it was too late.

Where are you staying?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tadpole
Hi Ruth,

Where did you pick it up? and if you don't mind me asking how much did it cost. (I Have hired boats in the U.K. and you can pay anything between £100 to £200 a day depending of course on the size. )

Regards

Tom
[/quote]

SunLover
24-12-2004, 13:20
Wow ... that's a really good price [msntongue]

E. Cosgrove
24-12-2004, 13:44
skipper eh Ruth, is there no end to your talents?
It looks a lovely day as well.

CarolAnn
24-12-2004, 18:57
I feel all at sea my self!!! Could it be the festive spirit? Tee Hee

SunLover
24-12-2004, 21:44
By festive spirit... do you mean gin, vodka, whiskey etc etc ??? [msntongue][msnwink]

tadpole
26-12-2004, 03:49
Hi Ruth,
Thanks for the reply,

If you could let me have the details I would be grateful as I would love a day on the water.

We are staying in a villa at Indian creek for two weeks starting 27th January .

hope you are having a wonderful Christmas and thank you for your advice.[msnsmile2]

Bye for now.

Tom
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
Hi Tom,

I can DM you the details on where we rented from if you wish, it was on the way over to Manasota Key. It cost $165 for 4 hours plus fuel costs (total about $200) but there were smaller (and therefore cheaper) boats available. We could have rented it for longer. I have also been recommended to another company who charge $35 an hour plus tax but did not find out about this one until it was too late.

Where are you staying?

Hi Ruth,

Regards

Tom
[/quote]
[/quote]

Ruth
26-12-2004, 04:18
Hi Tom,

It will take you a couple of hours to drive there. I have DMd you their details:)

Have a great holiday[8D]

Hi Ruth,
Thanks for the reply,

If you could let me have the details I would be grateful as I would love a day on the water.

We are staying in a villa at Indian creek for two weeks starting 27th January .

hope you are having a wonderful Christmas and thank you for your advice.[msnsmile2]

Bye for now.

Tom
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
Hi Tom,

Where are you staying?

Hi Ruth,

Regards

Tom
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

foreplay
26-12-2004, 06:32
Everyone should also become aware of the laws and regulations pertaining to powerboats in Florida. Primarily every child 6 years of age or under MUST wear a personal flotation device at all times on any boat 26' long or less. Also NO alcohol is permitted aboard the vessel either.