PDA

View Full Version : Christmas celebrations etc.

maralyn
07-12-2002, 22:53
Hi. :) We're spending xmas and new year in Florida. Flying out on the 19th Dec. back on the 3rd Jan. We would really like to know what sort of weather to expect when we're in Florida at this time of year. Also if anyone can tell us of any celebrations that take place over this holiday and where. Hopefully advise us as to which are the best ones to go to.

We spent Halloween in Universal a couple of years ago and thought this was a really great time. So anything as equally enthralling will be much appreciated.[:p]

Also best places to go for Christmas Dinner? :D

florida4sun
08-12-2002, 01:44
Expect chilly weather. Currently we all hav the heating on and we had a slight frost last night. Normally cold fronts last only a few days but this one is hanging around. Normally it is in the low 80's. Make sure you check out the snow at Celebration, kids will love it. All the parks have stuff going. Tickets are on sale for Mickeys Very Merry Xmas Party which is fun.
Its a bit late for Xmas dinner as most og the better palces are already fully booked unless you wat to eat early or late. I can recommend Citricos at the Grand Floridian, Artiste Point at the Wilderness Lodge, Arthurs 27 (not Disney), Emerils at City Walk. Youll nbed to be quick though.

quote:Originally posted by maralyn

Hi. :) We're spending xmas and new year in Florida. Flying out on the 19th Dec. back on the 3rd Jan. We would really like to know what sort of weather to expect when we're in Florida at this time of year. Also if anyone can tell us of any celebrations that take place over this holiday and where. Hopefully advise us as to which are the best ones to go to.

We spent Halloween in Universal a couple of years ago and thought this was a really great time. So anything as equally enthralling will be much appreciated.[:p]

Also best places to go for Christmas Dinner? :D

maralyn
08-12-2002, 03:39
Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated! Typical that your weather changes as we come out. Have to put the shorts away again for another year! :(

We'll try to book something from here for xmas dinner if not, then we'll just have to cook our own!

Thanks for that! :)

florida4sun
08-12-2002, 07:11
You should get some warm days, so do bring the shorts. the main thing is that its a pretty dry time of year. The parlks are sbest done when its cooler anyways[8D]

quote:Originally posted by maralyn

Hi. Thanks for your quick reply. Much appreciated! Typical that your weather changes as we come out. Have to put the shorts away again for another year! :(

We'll try to book something from here for xmas dinner if not, then we'll just have to cook our own!

Thanks for that! :)

maralyn
08-12-2002, 10:34
Hello again. Many thanks for your help, it's very welcomed. Loking forward to experiencing Florida at this time of year. [8D]

Regards
Maralyn

Harmony
08-12-2002, 18:06
Hi Maralyn,

Whatever you do I'm sure you'll have a great time. We have just come back from our villa :( and what we miss the most is the atomsphere. Here everyone seems so down and very non holiday mood. In Kissimmee everyone seemed to be in the holiday spirit and so much happier.

Merry Christmas and ENJOY. :D

steph_goodrum
08-12-2002, 19:02
Maralyn
You may not have left it too late to book at one of the Disney hotels, I booked our Christmas dinner for 1.30 at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary hotel only last week , they were also able to offer the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness lodge and sveral other choices,
the phone no is 001 407 939 6244
They were very helpful and able to tell me which restaurants offered which sort of meal.
We've been told it's best to avoid the parks for Christmas dinner as they are packed and you waste a days admission (unless you have annual passes) as you only get on a couple of rides.

maralyn
09-12-2002, 01:12
Hello Harmony.
Thanks for your message. I expect you're feeling a little bit deflated now after your holiday. Nothing's quite like Florida!!

Regards
Maralyn

quote:Originally posted by Harmony

Hi Maralyn,

Whatever you do I'm sure you'll have a great time. We have just come back from our villa :( and what we miss the most is the atomsphere. Here everyone seems so down and very non holiday mood. In Kissimmee everyone seemed to be in the holiday spirit and so much happier.

Merry Christmas and ENJOY. :D

maralyn
09-12-2002, 01:15
Hi.
Thanks for your information and the phone number. We'll give them a call and see what's occuring. :)

quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum

Maralyn
You may not have left it too late to book at one of the Disney hotels, I booked our Christmas dinner for 1.30 at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary hotel only last week , they were also able to offer the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness lodge and sveral other choices,
the phone no is 001 407 939 6244
They were very helpful and able to tell me which restaurants offered which sort of meal.
We've been told it's best to avoid the parks for Christmas dinner as they are packed and you waste a days admission (unless you have annual passes) as you only get on a couple of rides.

Tracey
09-12-2002, 01:41
I thought you were doing the Renaissance for Christmas dinner, Steph.

steph_goodrum
09-12-2002, 11:38
Hi Tracey
We couldn't make up our minds where to go which is why we left it a bit late, we thought there would be a nice atmosphere in the Disney hotels and we could walk it off, going round some looking at the decorations, and then to Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island. We're playing it by ear a bit as we don't really know what will be open so we'll see how we feel on the day. After a weeek of working on the villa we'll probably need a rest.

esprit
09-12-2002, 23:07
The Xmas decorations are really amazing, not just in the parks but also outside ordinary folks homes. Dont miss the Osborne Spectacle of Lights at MGM which is Xmas lights at their most OTT!! We complain about the weather but if it is sunny and crisp with blue sky but a bit chilly, it just makes in feel a bit more like Christmas.

steph_goodrum
10-12-2002, 01:24
Julie
I liked the Osborne lights so much I bought the glow in the dark sweatshirt! Works great in a dark room after you've been wearing it for a while , am I sad or what???:D:D

maralyn
11-12-2002, 03:32
Hello again. We have the address of our villa we will be staying in, and was wondering if anybody knows what the area is like and what the villas are like too.

Silver creek court, Orlando area.

Any informatione would be appreciated.
many thanks:D

white knukkle
12-12-2002, 01:55
hi maralyn
check out mgm we were there in november and they were putting up thousands of lights it will be great have fun

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-12-2002, 02:23
Not sure where Silver Creek Court is - does it say which community this is in?

Lesley S
12-12-2002, 02:30
Did a search on google for you, and found that Silver Creek Court was on Clear Creek (development)estate which is the commnunity. Hopefully this was off help to you.

maralyn
12-12-2002, 11:55
quote:Originally posted by SunnysideFlorida

Did a search on google for you, and found that Silver Creek Court was on Clear Creek estate. Hopefully this was off help to you.

Helo Sunnyside! Many thanks for that! Much appreciated.

maralyn
12-12-2002, 11:57
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Not sure where Silver Creek Court is - does it say which community this is in?

Hi. Have been told by a kind person called sunnyside that the address is in clear creek estate. Not sure if this is the same as 'comminuty' you mention.

fiona
12-12-2002, 13:25
Maralyn

Have found Clear Creek and it is approx 8 miles from WDW. "At the entrance to Clear Creek you will find a shopping plaza which includes a late night supermarket (Windixie), pharmacy, dry cleaners, pizza delivery, post office, ATM and a bank. Clear Creek is a quiet subdivision off the US27 one mile north of the US192." The 192 takes you to Splendid China and the Formosa Gardens Shopping Plaza with numerous restaurants (Outback, Carrabbas, Giordano's, Red Lobster, TGIF) and a walk-in medical centre and chemists. Disney is only a couple of miles from here.

Hope this helps and that you have a great holiday.

maralyn
12-12-2002, 13:50
Hello Fiona.
Many, many thanks for that information. It's been a great help. Thankyou for your time and trouble. Very much appreciated.
I'm sure we will have a great time there! :)

quote:Originally posted by fiona

Maralyn

Have found Clear Creek and it is approx 8 miles from WDW. "At the entrance to Clear Creek you will find a shopping plaza which includes a late night supermarket (Windixie), pharmacy, dry cleaners, pizza delivery, post office, ATM and a bank. Clear Creek is a quiet subdivision off the US27 one mile north of the US192." The 192 takes you to Splendid China and the Formosa Gardens Shopping Plaza with numerous restaurants (Outback, Carrabbas, Giordano's, Red Lobster, TGIF) and a walk-in medical centre and chemists. Disney is only a couple of miles from here.

Hope this helps and that you have a great holiday.

maralyn
12-12-2002, 13:55
Hi - We were at MGM 2 years ago in October for Halloween and it was really great. We're sure to be going there over the xmas, may even be spending new years eve there yet. It's a good place to be!

quote:Originally posted by white knukkle

hi maralyn
check out mgm we were there in november and they were putting up thousands of lights it will be great have fun

Kissyme
17-12-2002, 14:26
dont know if your interested but Universal have Macey`s type parade this christmas I was sent the details via email I wish we could come with, christmas is our next visit after halloween 2003