PDA

View Full Version : Villa areas

Badger
16-12-2004, 21:43
Hi everyone, new here. I wonder if you could tell me where I could rent a nice quiet villa in the Orlando area? I appreciate you are not allowed to advertise here but as a frequent visitor we have had problems in the past with very noisy neighbours. Two years ago we had a 'redneck' family next door who played loud music outside until late every night. A few years back we had to suffer a noisy dog that literally barked continually. Any help appreciated. We go on holiday to relax!

DarrenShort
16-12-2004, 22:00
Hi Badger,

If you enquire using the links above and specify that you would like a quiet home, I am sure you will get a good response.

Most villas are on communities that have Home Owners Associations, and these will usually have rulings as to noise levels etc, and they are enforceable.

Nostromo
16-12-2004, 23:53
Most of the Villa communities along US27/192 seemed nice and quiet anyway. We stayed for 3 weeks at Orange Tree and never saw even a hint of any problem, even on weekend evenings. There is the sort of 'good neighbourhood' atmosphere that you see so often in the old 1950s TV shows.

SunLover
17-12-2004, 00:12
Hi Badger

Welcome to the forums.

What you describe is a tricky problem, which inevitably comes down to the luck of the draw. It's unfortunate that you were disturbed on your two previous visits, but with the best will in the world, no owner can guarantee that at the time you are renting, some neighbour who may also be on vacation isn't going to be noisy.

Obviously, we owners choose our villas in locations that we ourselves would like to live in, and as Nostromo says, many have a very friendly neighbourly feel to them. Certainly, this is what influenced our puchase when we bought.

But just identifying an area or resort as "quiet" is an impossibility, as you never know who will be arriving at your neighbourhood on the next plane.

Having said that, if you did find yourself in this position again (which I sincerely hope you don't, and I must admit is pretty rare) you do have the right to notify the local sheriff and complain about noise pollution, which is taken a lot more seriously in the US than it is in the UK.

I hope this helps. :)

Chris

chrizzy100
17-12-2004, 00:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Badger
Hi everyone, new here. I wonder if you could tell me where I could rent a nice quiet villa in the Orlando area? I appreciate you are not allowed to advertise here but as a frequent visitor we have had problems in the past with very noisy neighbours. Two years ago we had a 'redneck' family next door who played loud music outside until late every night. A few years back we had to suffer a noisy dog that literally barked continually. Any help appreciated. We go on holiday to relax!
[/quote]

You could stop dog noise by staying in a resort only.....no locals and not many villa owners let dogs stay......the problem with other renters would be harder to put right ...there you'll have to phone the cops....

cookmml
17-12-2004, 02:02
Hello there, As the others have said if you go to any of our rental sites here and ask in the comments section for a quiet location then I'm sure that owners will reply who have homes in quieter areas. Obviously it is difficult for any owner to promise all those in surrounding houses will be quiet whilst you are there. However many communities have security patrols at night and homeowners associations who have rules about noise.

Magical Dreams
17-12-2004, 03:17
[/quote]
Hi Badger

Take your time when searching for your perfect villa.

There are many many nice communities around the area.

Have a look at the communities available and read the description of the area.

That may give you what you want.

Also check out the links at the bottom of our posts to view our own properties.

If you need anymore info, please do not be afraid to ask!
We are all here to make sure your holiday is the best you have had yet!

PS
Welcome to the Forum!

[grouphug]

Genie
17-12-2004, 04:25
As already said most of our communities have Home owners rules with noise curfews also like ours at Four Corners just far enough away from the hussle and bussle. I'm sure you will find just what you are looking for.

benfilo
17-12-2004, 04:26
welcome to the forum Badger, sorry to hear about the couple of bad experiences. We just stayed in a hotel off the 192, the only gripe about the place was the noise from the room above.
When we were ther we had a good look round at some of the communities (as we're in the process of buying) as Nostromo says there are a lot of nice homes in that area and I'm sure you'll find something suitable .
good luck

pbensur
17-12-2004, 04:52
I think many owners have clauses in their terms and conditions to prevent this sort of behavior (we do) and it would be the job of the MC to enforce it. I do believe it was just bad luck that you had problems with noise on two separate holidays (so sorry!!). Definitely do (as others have suggested) mention this issue when you inquire about a villa for the next holiday and if you should come across this situation again, definitely report this to the property manager as they may be able to help, especially if they also manage the property next door!

DarrenShort
17-12-2004, 13:50
It would also be worth asking any owners if their community allows pets, there are quite a few that do not.

KevinT
17-12-2004, 14:40
Hi Badger,
It might be worth looking at the security gated resort subdivisions like Lake Berkley, Terra Verde, Emerald Island etc. As a lot of the other postings say,it would be
almost impossible to guarantee peace and quiet as you never know who your neighbours will be at any given time. The resort our home is on (Lake Berkley) does not allow pets, and many others do not either. It also has quite strict codes of conduct and covenants stating what is not acceptable in the way of noise and nuisance, and owners or guests infringing those rules are informed (usually in no uncertain terms!!). If you book a villa through this site you will be able to find out from the owner what the villa surroundings are like and whether dogs or other pets are allowed on the development , whereas booking through an agent often entails being
"allocated a home on arrival".

Have a relaxing and peaceful time!! [msnsmile2]

pubmaster2k
17-12-2004, 15:18
we have stayed in the same villa a couple of times, the first time was great , but the second time there seemed to be a party every night for a week, not much that we could do, it could just be that you were unlucky on this occasion and will have a fantastic time on your next trip.
Good luck

chris c
19-12-2004, 01:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:I think many owners have clauses in their terms and conditions to prevent this sort of behavior (we do) and it would be the job of the MC to enforce it. [/quote]

I also have such a clause for my own guests, but of course a villa owner cannot be held responsible for the behaviour of guests in neighbouring properties.

I would have to agree that you have been extremely unlucky on the last two occasions and sincerely hope that you have better luck next time.

DarrenShort
19-12-2004, 14:03
On gated communities such as Southern Dunes, the noise problem can be referred to the security company at the gatehouse, who have the backing to stop this after certain hours in the day. [8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-12-2004, 19:12
I'm not sure why a gated community would be any quieter than a non gated community.

I think you have just been unlucky with previous experiences as we have always had really quiet neighbours and never had a problem at all. Any of the communities on our sites are just as likely to give you that peace and quiet.

linda allen
19-12-2004, 21:48
I agree with john, just because there are gates doesn't make for less noise. Its just luck.

CarolAnn
20-12-2004, 16:08
I think most owners do ask their guests to be respectful of neighbours, I know we do, but I guess there are no gaurantees. I think there is an element of luck involved, I would suspect time of year too? Some being far busier than others, certainly something to consider if you can.

caroline
20-12-2004, 19:10
I guess communities with a lot of permanent residents are more likely to have dogs barking (not many rental homes will accept dogs) but I can't for the life of me see how gates make a community quiet???

chrizzy100
20-12-2004, 19:32
A lot of the permanent residents have dogs where I am......and I've yet to hear one bark..and I've been there for weeks on end.....barking dogs are a big no no in the US.....

caroline
20-12-2004, 21:29
But Chrizzy, Badgers initial comment was that there was a dog barking continuously, which is why I said if you choose a community with very few permanent residents you are less likely to hear dogs!

chrizzy100
20-12-2004, 21:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
But Chrizzy, Badgers initial comment was that there was a dog barking continuously, which is why I said if you choose a community with very few permanent residents you are less likely to hear dogs!
[/quote]

But I know a lot of home owners here have rental homes on communities with a lot of permanent residents......I would not like people who are looking to rent to have the idea that dogs on those communities were left to bark all day....a Resort home could be best if a dog barking was a great worry for you.....but I know for a fact that having dogs on the community does not mean that you will hear dogs bark and that most renters should have no worries about dogs when looking for a home to rent even if it has a lot of permanent locals........[msnsmile2]

MaggieAllan
20-12-2004, 23:04
I think it really is down to luck...as it would be if you went to Spain, Greece, China, Australia etc etc

You just hope that you get good neighbours, be it in the next hotel room, or apartmant, villa whatever.

caroline
20-12-2004, 23:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caroline
[/quote]

But I know a lot of home owners here have rental homes on communities with a lot of permanent residents......I would not like people who are looking to rent to have the idea that dogs on those communities were left to bark all day....a Resort home could be best if a dog barking was a great worry for you.....but I know for a fact that having dogs on the community does not mean that you will hear dogs bark and that most renters should have no worries about dogs when looking for a home to rent even if it has a lot of permanent locals........[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Some guests want to rent on a community that has permanent residents, they're more likely to have kids playing on the community facilities, which if your kids like to find a playmate or two can be an advantage. But Badger seemed to be particularly concerned not to hear dogs which is why I suggested a community with few or no residents would probably suit him better. Like everything else one mans meat is anothers poison.

This is yet another advantage of renting direct from the owner as the potential guest can ask if the neighbouring houses are vacation homes or permanent residents:)

Badger
02-01-2005, 00:17
Many thanks for all those who took the time to reply, I think that you are right, it depends a great deal on luck!! We have visited Fla about twenty or more times and have usually been okay. The times when we have been unlucky seem to be when we visit residential areas with permanent residents. It's them that seem to make the most noise.

worldpeace
04-01-2005, 17:31
Don't book a 4 bed Villa with heated pool in Indian Creek as you will be very disapointed.
1. The Villa was infested with ants & the Management Company: [name edited] located in The La Quinta Lakeside Hotel took 2 weeks to sort this problem out.

2. The Pool was to shallow for a supposed super 4 Bed Villa , plus the dam door alarm's kept going off even if you left the door ajar for 3 secounds. Again Managment Company did nothing or even comprimise. I even offered to pay for these new door alarms were you can at least turn them off for a few mins @ a time.

3. The dishwasher didn't work, The Fridge sounded like it was going to explode every night and our daughter was in the bedroom behide the frige plus We stayed for 3weeks.

4. Plus cockroch's in the kitchen cupboards.

5. Will not pay £6500 for this villa or location again. We go to different location every year so all's not lost. Still love Florida.lol!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-01-2005, 17:47
Sounds like you had a bad experience but I'm sure there are lots of perfectly good 4 bed villas on Indian Creek. Just because one was not nice does not mean they are all like that. I would not want to give the wrong impression to other people reading this [msnsmile]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by worldpeace
Don't book a 4 bed Villa with heated pool in Indian Creek as you will be very disapointed.
[/quote]

fiona
05-01-2005, 20:59
Worldpeace I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience. In all the villas we have stayed in we only had 1 similar problem and that was down in Marco Island. And I have to agree that the poor response from the MC only made it seem worse. Did you book direct with the owner or through an agent?

One thing I would say as an owner, we - nor our management companies - are not allowed, by Florida law, to disconnect the pool alarms. Every year accidentaly children die in pools, and the alarm is for their protection. I know it is a dreadful fag (and we find it one too!) but better to be irritated and safe than sorry.

I would agree with John that you cannot write off Indian Creek - the condition of that house is down to the management company and the owner - in some cases the owners do not even know things have got that bad, but these houses are either brand new or fairly new and it is awful to think of something in that state so quickly. There should be regular inspection by the bug people and the worst you should encounter is a dead cockroach - not live ones!!

Lesley S
05-01-2005, 21:41
We own on Indian Creek, and as far as I am aware there are no bad looking villas on the development as Fiona says most of these if not all of these vilas are under 5 years old. The state of the villa is usually down to Management Companies that are assigned to look after these villas, some owners don't even know the state of their villas until they visit.

I would not be put off with staying at Indian Creek as I am sure that this would be a one off. All the villas we have seen on Indian Creek are very well maintained and are very well looked after.

Unfortunately this could have happened to any villa on any development and not just Indian Creek.

florida4sun
05-01-2005, 22:30
I am taking a guess you were there in February time?

[/quote]

caroline
05-01-2005, 22:48
Martin - I'm confused - Why February?

worldpeace
10-01-2005, 22:31
Hi to every 1 plus I wish all a wonderfull new year. The villa we stayed in @ Indian Creek was No:[number edited]. There was lots of other problems with this said property but as I've stated in earlier Memo's we travel every year & this is the only time; (Fingers Crossed) that we had problems. In truth I don't think any thing in life is 100% prefect & as being a bit of a prefectionate I must confess that my standards are quite high!. Again wish u all a super year & a happier Hoilday than I.

kitemark
20-03-2005, 21:39
I have booked a holiday this year with a tour operator and have been told the management company they use is [name edited].

They cannot tell me where in Kissimmee the villa is located, only that it has four bedrooms is 20 minutes from Disney and 25 minutes from SeaWorld.

Has anyone heard of anymore complaints about this MC.

Carla
20-03-2005, 23:18
Kitemark, very few guests actually ever need to see or hear from an MC unless there are problems with the home. Before I owned my own home, I stayed in several privately owned villas (booked direct with the owners) and never needed to have any contact with the MC, because everything was fine. A well run and well maintained home rarely has problems.

There's no point in worrying about the MC looking after the home that you will stay in.

Very few of the owners on these websites would ever dream of taking tour operator bookings via an MC, mainly because the rates to the owner are diabolical and not enough to keep the home running or well-maintained, and the tour operators generally work on the basis of cramming as many guests as possible into a home. Sorry, but the owners on here are unlikely to have their home managed by the MC that your tour operator uses, so probably won't be able to give you any first hand info.

wrpac00
21-03-2005, 00:50
Our community is predomently a residential community but they have very strict rules and dogs are one of them. Barking and off the lead are No No's. When I say strict rules they can ask you leave the community, the residents that is, you have to sell up and move.

We all signed their extensive rules when we bought so no one has any excuse really. The rules include keeping your grass well kept, children are not allowed to walk between the house as a short cut, if children misbehave on the third occassion your off. They even have a window for trick or treat, can't remember now exactly what it is but it is something like 6-8pm.

chunkichik
21-03-2005, 05:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by worldpeace
1. The Villa was infested with ants & the Management Company: [name edited] located in The La Quinta Lakeside Hotel took 2 weeks to sort this problem out.

2. The Pool was to shallow for a supposed super 4 Bed Villa , plus the dam door alarm's kept going off even if you left the door ajar for 3 secounds. Again Managment Company did nothing or even comprimise. I even offered to pay for these new door alarms were you can at least turn them off for a few mins @ a time.

3. The dishwasher didn't work, The Fridge sounded like it was going to explode every night and our daughter was in the bedroom behide the frige plus We stayed for 3weeks.

4. Plus cockroch's in the kitchen cupboards.

5. Will not pay £6500 for this villa or location again. We go to different location every year so all's not lost. Still love Florida.lol!!
[/quote]

We too stayed at Indian Creek and it was our favourite place so far, we have stayed in 3 communities and have never had a problem.

I am assuming that the £6,500 was for the whole trip and not just the villa[msnwink] otherwise you were done!!

We are staying at Lindfields this year which is part residential so will be interested to see the difference if any!