PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on the Perfect Villa to Rent

Magical Dreams
12-12-2004, 21:25
Everyone spends time deciding on the perfect villa for their Family and Friends when arranging their next Holiday.
It is not usually taken lightly!

So which options would swing it for you??

Most villa owners strive to make their Homes much more than you could ever expect.
[grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

brizzle
12-12-2004, 21:37
Mixture of the above.

So far it has been determined mainly by price and swimming pool.
I have found that none of the villa's are in a bad location but I suppose location would also come into it.

Maybe next time we will look for a jacuzzi/spa to treat us oldies :).

Brizzle.

Magical Dreams
12-12-2004, 21:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Mixture of the above.

So far it has been determined mainly by price and swimming pool.
I have found that none of the villa's are in a bad location but I suppose location would also come into it.

Maybe next time we will look for a jacuzzi/spa to treat us oldies :).

Brizzle.
[/quote]

Must agree with you Brizzle!!
Not seen a bad location yet.
Stunning Villa's too!!

Fletch
12-12-2004, 22:41
As I haven't been yet (less than 4 weeks to go now!) [clap][clap][clap] I don't know enough about the area to worry about location. Everywhere seems within easy reach of the main attractions (as long as you have a car).

I guess in order of importance I would say

Price
Pool (a jacuzzi/spa would be lovely, but not a necessity).
Villa owners attitude

A games room wouldn't come high on my list

One thing which would definitely be a big plus for me would be a PC with internet access, but I wouldn't make that my main criteria.

Nostromo
12-12-2004, 23:47
I have also voted for 'mixture of the above'. First, the location. Other considerations being the same, I would prefer a villa in the US192 communities rather than US27 because of the shorter driving distance and greater choice of nearby shops & restaurants. Then the attitude of the Villa Owner and Caretakers. Our MC people were absolutely brilliant and helpful to the point of embarassment. They played a major role in the success of our trip. :):)

Magical Dreams
12-12-2004, 23:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I have also voted for 'mixture of the above'. First, the location. Other considerations being the same, I would prefer a villa in the US192 communities rather than US27 because of the shorter driving distance and greater choice of nearby shops & restaurants. Then the attitude of the Villa Owner and Caretakers. Our MC people were absolutely brilliant and helpful to the point of embarassment. They played a major role in the success of our trip. :):)
[/quote]

Nostromo thats is a lovely thing to say!
That is one of the reasons we decided to buy on the US192, all the times we have been in the past, we have always stayed in that area!!

But I suppose its horses for courses!!

I love Florida no matter where we stay!!
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Nostromo
13-12-2004, 00:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pontelad

[i]
Nostromo thats is a lovely thing to say!
That is one of the reasons we decided to buy on the US192, all the times we have been in the past, we have always stayed in that area!!

But I suppose its horses for courses!!

I love Florida no matter where we stay!!
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

Actually, we stayed at Orange Tree along the US27 and I was referring to the British couple there who ran the MC. But given a choice for the location, I would prefer somewhere like Chatham Park for its more central location.

Magical Dreams
13-12-2004, 00:13
Yes Nostromo

Thats why I replied how I did!

I am sure the villa owner will be over the moon to know that you were more than happy with the service provided!!

[msnsmile2]

KJH
13-12-2004, 00:22
I voted for the mixture.

We would look at furnishing, spa and pool, games room. Location doesn't really come into it as it is so easy to get anywhere.

We have bought a villa on the 27 at Glenbrook and before I went to see the location, I thought it might be too far out.

Eight minutes around the corner from Disney, 20-30 Universal on a bad day. There are so many options on how to get to places it seemed the perfect location.

Especially with all the new stores opening around us.

We have stayed in different locations around Florida before buying, and one way or another they work out the same driving times depending on what you decide to visit.

chunkichik
15-12-2004, 04:07
I like to look at the pool first as that is my favourite luxury and then the furnishings, some just appeal to me on that front, (probably a girl thing) and then maybe the price.

I just show my other half and the kids where we are going its less hassle that way[msnwink]

Sally D
15-12-2004, 16:58
For me it has to be pool. I like to stay in a villa that has a pool backing onto a lake, conservation area or golf course, not another pool. After that we look at furnishings, not all flowery. Then price. Not too bothered about things like games room or playstations if they are there thats a bonus but if not doesn't matter.
Any area is fine as nowhere is too far. [xmas2]
Sally

15-12-2004, 17:37
The most important thing for us is high speed wireless internet - many will think we are sad but the reasons are we have our own business which we HAVE to keep on top of and also we have our home security so that we can view our home security online (we were burgled in 2003) which is very reasuring.

Next on our list would be location, then pool/outlook/luxury of interior etc - we stayed at Carla's villa lst year and it was superb!!

LiesaAnna
17-12-2004, 13:15
i opted for attitude of villa owner!! Lynne knows why......... i wished i had known you villa owners before opting for the one we chose 2 years ago, which we went back to 2 weeks ago, his attitude wasnt as good as the first time we rented from him, altho hes probably a nice chap, he wasnt as interested as before.........
then price, pool heating, maybe location, it didnt bother us the first time we went but this time it was so far out, well it seemed to be, but that was steve keep getting lost!!!!!!!
since seeing the position of others (lynnes) may look for one a little closer to town!

Magical Dreams
23-12-2004, 22:33
Liesa

Very Constructive!!

Lets hope we can tempt you next time!
[msnwink]

chrizzy100
23-12-2004, 23:22
I've never been on a FL villa holiday.....but I know that when I look at the homes on this site.....I look at furnishings first.....the masterbedrooms and the twins rooms have to look nothing like hotel rooms....same with the living area.......apart from that I'm easy.......I'd need no extras....a spa would be nice.........but I would not go for a place with one if the furnishings were not what I was looking for.......

andreah
24-12-2004, 03:07
One of the most important things to us, especially in the winter months is a south facing pool.

We are currently in Orlando and the North facing pools don't get any sun all day at this time of the year.

chrizzy100
24-12-2004, 05:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andreah
One of the most important things to us, especially in the winter months is a south facing pool.

We are currently in Orlando and the North facing pools don't get any sun all day at this time of the year.
[/quote]

You really have to be careful when buying... about which way the pool faces.........my back garden is North facing......but gets the sun all summer......and in the winter it gets sun on one side in the morning.....then on the other in the afternoon.....the houses behind me are south facing....but because of the design of the house.....they get no sun in the summer till mid afternoon.....they should of had their houses built the other way around.......

CarolAnn
24-12-2004, 18:43
How strange Chrizzy100?

Our Pool is South facing and we get the sun all day in the summer, and according to the guests who have visited in the cooler months, the sun being on the pool dck majority of the day has been a real bonus!!!

Feel sorry for your neighbours though:(how awful

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
24-12-2004, 18:58
I'd agree. If the pool is true south facing then there is no way it cannot have sun all day unless there are large buildings on the east or west side of the pool which are blocking the sun out at certain times of day.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
How strange Chrizzy100?

Our Pool is South facing and we get the sun all day in the summer, and according to the guests who have visited in the cooler months, the sun being on the pool dck majority of the day has been a real bonus!!!

[/quote]

chrizzy100
24-12-2004, 19:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
How strange Chrizzy100?

[/quote]

I still think that the plot plans are wrong.....but we have full sun on the front of our house .....the house behind....has their living area built out sideways to the pool.....which leads me to believe...that it that stopping the sun from getting to the pool ..and that we are not facing true north at the back...so they are not facing true south.....we wanted a north facing back garden..and I was a bit upset to find it in full sun on our last summer visit....

MaggieAllan
25-12-2004, 00:09
I might be talking out of turn here as a none villa owner, but the angle of incidence of the suns rays does not affect my decision in renting a villa.

The sun shines a lot more in Fla than here anyway....and sometimes you're glad to be in the shade.

chrizzy100
25-12-2004, 01:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
I might be talking out of turn here as a none villa owner, but the angle of incidence of the suns rays does not affect my decision in renting a villa.

The sun shines a lot more in Fla than here anyway....and sometimes you're glad to be in the shade.
[/quote]

I think with our back neighbours......that they thought having the living area near the road......would mean they would not be seen from the road.....I think they forgot....that the living area would then shade a lot of the garden from the sun......I like the shade too......[msnsmile2]

Now we have a house next door we could lose our mid afternoon sun from the left....its a single floor house and smaller then mine so I'll find out this trip......

stabard
14-01-2005, 22:24
I opted for a mix, but the thing I always look for first is the pool. I do not want to be back to back with another pool. After that it is a furnishings nad location together.

Cruella DeVilla
14-01-2005, 22:49
For me it would be price and and general look of the place especially the furnishings and pool.

David and Debra Waters
16-01-2005, 21:51
We were never concerned which way the pool was facing.
Now we have bought a villa. (Glenbrook...and due to close on 1st March...HOORAY)[clap][clap] and we gave it very liitle thought.

I have been suprised at the number of General enquiries, via the connected web-site that specifically ask for a south-facing one.

David

KJH
17-01-2005, 01:49
Hi David and Debra,

I'm on Glenbrook, good to see someone else. We are going back 31st January, so if you need any info DM me.

Kaz

chrizzy100
17-01-2005, 02:07
I did notice that the garden behind me had more sun in the winter....we had more shade with the house next door built.....I talked to the people staying in the house behind me....they go to FL a lot....and ask for a South facing garden in winter....North in summer......I know after being in FL high summer I could spend no time at all in the garden if it were South facing.....and I used to sit in the sun for hours on end when younger.......I tan easy..but find sweating while sitting outside no fun at all......I have very blonde kids.....who hate the sun.....which I'm very happy about....

Fran19
04-03-2005, 13:29
For us it would be a mixture.
We always look for a villa with a games room - brillant as we all get up at different times. It gives those of us up first something to do whilst waiting for the lazier ones in our party to surface! We also look at the pool and whether or not the rear of the house has a little privacy. We wouldn't book one where the pool is overlooked by lots of neighbouring pools. We have been very lucky so far (although paying a premium for the villas we rent probably secures the rear privacy)and have rented villas with no other villas backing on to them. Hubby loves a hot tub, although we don't regard this as a must but it does help us decide if there is one. Location also plays a bit part as although we don't have to be that close to Disney, we do have our favourite areas to stay - Formosa Gardens, Rolling Hills, Hampton Lakes. I must admit Formosa Gardens so far is our favourite and we would love to buy on this development although I understand the prices are quite high compared to other developments that are probably just as nice. We can dream though!!

orlandodaze
05-03-2005, 01:51
We dont want to be totally overlooked , also a lanai is very important in the pool area , I love the idea of dining outside but not in the midday sun. Also Most of my family tend to be very fairskinned so alanai is a good idea. The furnishings are important but 99% of the villas are very luxurious much more so than what we are used to at home. Little extra touches are very much appreciated,like last year the gentleman we rented from enclosed some quarters for the tolls along with the driving instructions from the airport.

ravtino
06-03-2005, 02:45
Love privacy at the rear - ps2 - lanni central and large, pool solar good if it has it and a mixture of other things.Takes us ages to find "the perfect villa"

ringwood1
08-03-2005, 22:16
A mixture of the above, the swimming pool is very important, but the price has to be taken into consideration, then the location and the nice to haves would be the spa and the games room. When I booked this time we had to have a playstation as that was the only thing my 9 year old was concerned about. During the days that we spent in the villa the children went from the pool, to the games room (snooker) to the playstation. It was bliss.

Lyn
10-03-2005, 02:55
1st - Location
2nd - Swimming Pool
3rd - Privacy
4th - Price
5th - Friendly owner

I think that is the order I would put them in, but I think they are all important, the 1st 3 would be no good if the price was to high and the the first 4 would be no good if the owner was offhand or unfriendly.[msnscared]

Nostromo
10-03-2005, 17:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
1st - Location
2nd - Swimming Pool
3rd - Privacy
4th - Price
5th - Friendly owner

I think that is the order I would put them in, but I think they are all important, the 1st 3 would be no good if the price was to high and the the first 4 would be no good if the owner was offhand or unfriendly.[msnscared]
[/quote]

I agree that a friendly owner helps, but a friendly caretaker is even better. We had an absolutely wonderful couple running the MC at Orange Tree and they contributed a lot to make out first attempt at a holiday home a major success.

Lyn
11-03-2005, 02:38
Yes Nostromo I agree, I think I meant MC rather than owner as the last 3 years we have booked direct with the MC and don't even know who owns the villa we stay in.

domster
12-03-2005, 20:12
I went for price, but would go with something I liked the look of on the Internet.

DOM

Mick-H
30-03-2005, 23:13
Our main point is that the pool must not be directly overlooked, then looks both inside and out then price.