PDA

View Full Version : I-94 waiver (Flying tomorrow)

wiljohn
12-12-2004, 00:06
Question for those in the know,
My son 18, and his half cousin 15,fly into Miami tomorrow,what is the position with visa waivers,will they do one each, or will my son do one for them both? also what about customs declaration forms?
Thanks.John.

christhear
12-12-2004, 00:39
Can't help with the visa waiver forms but with the customs declaration it is one per household, not per family. My sister and I travelled in October and needed one each because although we have the same surname we do not live in the same house.
With the visa waiver forms I know that everyone entering the US needs one, but can't remeber if they have to be signed by an adult.
Hope this helps a bit

blott
12-12-2004, 01:28
It's one visa waiver form each.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-12-2004, 01:36
One green visa waiver per person - including any children and one custom form per surname e.g. Sarah never officially took my surname when we married and the children's surnames are a combination of both of ours so we have to fill out 3 customs forms (in fact I only ever do one in my surname and have always been ok with this - I'm not for a minute recommending anyone else does this).

wiljohn
12-12-2004, 01:55
Thanks everyone for the advice, Ive passed it on,I did offer to go along and assist with the form filling,but they Couldn't be convinced.
There staying with relatives for 18 nights,and back before new year,Just in case anyone is interested.
John.

christhear
12-12-2004, 02:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
One green visa waiver per person - including any children and one custom form per surname e.g. Sarah never officially took my surname when we married and the children's surnames are a combination of both of ours so we have to fill out 3 customs forms (in fact I only ever do one in my surname and have always been ok with this - I'm not for a minute recommending anyone else does this).
[/quote]

John when me and my sister travelled in October we were told that it was not per surname but per address. My family situation is similar to yours, My Husband and I both kept our own surnames and my son has a combination of both, but I only ever fill out one customs form. MIL is coming with us next week so I will get her to do one for herself

Ruth
12-12-2004, 05:42
I think if children are over 14 years they sign their own vias waver, under that age and their parent signs:)