PDA

View Full Version : Refused Entry Once - Will I be allowed in

dmoore
10-12-2004, 20:20
I was once refused entry about 12 years ago, as I wanted to join my mother who was separated from my dad and living in New York. As my Dad had my passport, I stupidly tried to use my friends passport, and was refused entry in New York. I refused to tell them my own name, and I was fingerprinted and sent back to Britain. I was told off by the Immigration officials and that was the end of it. I have however been to the states many times (on my own passport with no problem) , however not to New York as mother moved to Miami. Now that everyone is being fingerprinted, I don't know if I may have problems at the point of entry, or whether I would have to go to the embassy and apply for a visa, even though the immigration at New York did not have my name, but my fingerprints. Any ideas will be welcome

Nostromo
10-12-2004, 23:37
Sounds rather dodgy, doesn't it? I would have thought the immigration people would have a record of your prints in their database. I am not sure, but I think given your story there is a sizeable risk of being refused entry under the new regs.

Just out of curiosity, why did you refuse to give your own name? Did you think the official would have thought you were being funny because of your more famous namesake?

SunLover
11-12-2004, 01:07
I think the only way you can find out for certain is to approach the American Embassy. Whatever other suggestions you get on this forum, no matter how well intentioned, it will be pure supposition. They are the only ones who will be able to give you a definitive answer.

steph_goodrum
11-12-2004, 01:44
The American Embassy will give you the only answer they can , that is , yes you will be refused entry. The only way to enter the country without a visa is using the visa waiver scheme, one of which the questions asked is "have you ever been refused entry or deported etc".
Since you cant honestly answer no to this then you must get a visa and it will be their discretion whether they allow you one and the fact that you have travelled, (which they will surely know now with computerised records means they could well deny it to "teach you a lesson".

blott
11-12-2004, 20:22
You already asked this question before! http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_16137.asp

dmoore
13-12-2004, 21:39
Thanks everyone for your reply. I am going for an interview. So we'll see

To Blott, yes I did ask this question before, and after about a week realised that there was no reply. The question was in the column for people wanting to move permanently to Florida, as I wasn't moving to Florida, only visiting, decided to move it to the correct column or forum.