PDA

View Full Version : Florida November 2004

Tulsablue
10-12-2004, 01:58
Our trip started at Manchester T2 on Thursday 18th Nov. It had been a couple of years since we last used T2, not much changed, the catering is still absolute rubbish, cold eggs, hard sausage and customer service marks out of 10, -9.
The flight was with US Airways on Airbus A330,very good flight, quite reasonable food, cabin staff very good, the seat back tv is good with the ability to stop/pause films and restart from same place, plenty of entertainment and flight passed quickly arriving at Philly on time.
The new photo and fingerprint is taken by immigration officer and does'nt really take any longer that usual questions from immigration officer. We had a 3 hour layover so had time for a meal at TGI Friday in the foodcourt adjacent to Terminal B. Good food, good staff, very good price (especially with exchange rate). Flight down to Orlando not quite as comfy, this was older B737 with 3+3 seating but only a couple of hours. Arrived at MCO on time, luggage arrived in about ten mins wait at carousel, then downstairs to hire cars. We have used Airline Network for hire cars 6 or 7 times now, good prices and never had any problems. From airport down link road towards I4, there are 3 tolls on this route. first two are $1 each, last one 75c, We stayed at Southern Dunes, which is 7 miles south of exit 55 I4 down H27. There is a 24 hour Walmart right on the corner which was very handy, we have previously stayed on West Ridge so we thought this one was a bit far out.
Saturday night we went to Old Town jusy near the ferris wheel on 192,to see the cars and watch the 'Cruise'. Very good atmosphere here, we had dinner at Damons, very good food and service. Then finished off the evening dancing in the street to live group.

Sunday we drove down to Tampa in search of a big cat sanctuary we had heard off, we eventually found it but it was closed, it is only open at certain times and you have to book. There was a phone number on sign outside but could only get an answer phone. We will have to email or write for next year.

Monday, off to Magic Kingdom, BIG Mistake, it was thanksgiving week and it was absolutely packed, you could hardly walk from one place to another. The queues were horrendous even Fast Pass was 2 to 3 hours. We had a decent meal/snack in a cafe under the castle (can't remember what it was called.) The afternoon parade was as good as ever, we had to find a place at 7pm for the 9pm parade the Spectral of Light, this was very very good finished off by fireworks at 10pm.

Tuesday at Seaworld, this is such a great day out, Shamu, sea lion show with that guy taking the micky out of everyone, and of course feeding the dolphins which is so cool.

Thursday. MGM studios today, thankfully not as busy as MK was , I thoght the backlot tour had been shortened quite a bit since last time (2yrs since) everything else great. I just love the tower of terror[msnsmile2].

Friday
sadly time to leave[msncry][msncry] we had to go to Tulsa Ok to visit relatives, next year they are hopefully comimng down to Florida with us.

Dining

Damons at Old town very good
Bennigans on 192 and also at bottom of I drive very good.
Dennys, various locations, good for breakfast,

The best LONESTAR just off I4 at exit 68 towards Premium outlets. Excellnt food, Excellent service.

Can anyone tell how to and where to put some piccies on view.
Well thats all for now

Nostromo
10-12-2004, 13:21
Great report Mike. You are right in thinking that the Backlot Tour is a lot shorter now. Also, the hands-on working studio bit is now practically non-existent. I remember that in 1995 there was a mini-tour of the area and we spent an hour watching professional cartoonists at work. I suppose CG animation has put paid to all that these days.[V][V]

Cheshirecat
10-12-2004, 23:19
Hello Dad!

Ummm, you forgot to mention your upgrade on the flight home [msnwink]. Or will that come in part two?

*REALLY* want to come with you next year. Will have to save up the pennies. Dunno who'd be the bigger kid at Magin Kingdom: you or Rachel (who will be aged 2) lol

Caz x