PDA

View Full Version : Hiring a harley

fiona
28-11-2002, 04:37
Anyone know where you can hire a harley from?

My brother is coming out with us for the New Year and depending on the cost we thought a good christmas present for him would be hiring a harley for a couple of days.

Where do I start?

florida4sun
28-11-2002, 04:47
Here you go,
http://www.kissimmeeharley.com/rentals/index.html

Dont mention me, I went oast the store on the back wheel of one of there brand new Fatboys. Didnt go down too well[:0]

quote:Originally posted by fiona

Anyone know where you can hire a harley from?

My brother is coming out with us for the New Year and depending on the cost we thought a good christmas present for him would be hiring a harley for a couple of days.

Where do I start?

esprit
28-11-2002, 13:29
There is a place on I-Drive just before you get to the Belz that do it as well. This is something we have thought we might do sometime as Terry has a motorbike here ( not a Harley) but it is the thought of having to drag all your gear out there with you. OK I know the Americans ride bare headed in shorts and T shirts but we are all too well indoctrinated in the UK for that. Also I once saw an unclad Harley rider crash on 1-4 and he got some horrendous injuries.

Lakul
28-11-2002, 13:32
There are a couple of places in Orlando. One is called Iron Horse Rentals and they have a website called www.hogride.com
There is another called Orlando Harley Davidson and they have branches on International Drive and Sand Lake Road. They don't appear to have a website but their number in Florida is 001 407 351 3302.

fiona
28-11-2002, 14:34
Thanks for all your help folks. I am now pouring over these - don't know one bike from another, so I think Chris will have to sound him out and then we might know what to book him. Am trying to get a price out of them so will let you know.

florida4sun
29-11-2002, 01:33
They supply helmets and stuff on the 192. Although you cant beat riding them without and in a t-shirt. Foolish I know, but fun. You wouldnt cath me on the I-4 with one. Best to get out of the town onto the quiet roads.

quote:Originally posted by esprit

There is a place on I-Drive just before you get to the Belz that do it as well. This is something we have thought we might do sometime as Terry has a motorbike here ( not a Harley) but it is the thought of having to drag all your gear out there with you. OK I know the Americans ride bare headed in shorts and T shirts but we are all too well indoctrinated in the UK for that. Also I once saw an unclad Harley rider crash on 1-4 and he got some horrendous injuries.

carole7007
16-01-2003, 18:18
My brother did this in August 2003 40th Birthday Present,

He was absolutely thrilled.

It was the experience of a life time, the choice of bikes, the friendly service from the hire company. The day it was booked for was awful, rain, wind and thunder. They suggested he postpone and come back the following day. He had the bike for 24 hours "Fat Boy" Harley.

Well worth it, he is already talking about booking for next time we go.

fiona
16-01-2003, 23:24
We did for my brother's 40th too!

He was thrilled. Only did a small bike, but says he would now go back for a larger one and be more adventurous!

Will get the pix put on a cd and try and up-load them (and hopefully might know what the bike is called by then!)

Alastair had the bike for 36 hours, and the staff at the Orlando branch couldn't have been more helpful, and he spent ages at the museum as well. We organised it all through Orlando Harley Rentals and they didn't take any payment until we turned up in person. Spoke to Will Swart.

esprit
16-01-2003, 23:40
Did he get over to the Space Coast in the end, Fiona, or did he just tootle around Orlando???

fiona
16-01-2003, 23:47
He did go over to the Space Coast but the next 2 days he did just tootle round Orlando!