PDA

View Full Version : New Ticket Policies

brizzle
05-12-2004, 18:18
Didn't know whether this goes in here or not but feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.
I have read the changes that Disney are going to make to the park tickets.
Apparently you can buy 5 day and 7 day tickets but as standard they do not come with park hopping privileges, for this you have to pay extra to ensure you can park hop.
Also the 'Never Expire' claim now disappears too but guess what? you can pay to upgrade to a 'Never Expire' option.

I think there is more detail out there but I'm sure Disney have worked out this will make them more money and in turn cost us more :(

Brizzle.

Nostromo
05-12-2004, 19:43
Could it be that Disney are going to keep the current 5,6 & 7 Day Hoppers at the current prices but also offer slightly cheaper non-hoppers to those interested? If so, we would be cos we almost never hop parks. Knowing my brood, they would lose enthusiasm very quickly if taken out of a park and the adrenalin is allowed to run down. Maybe there are others who prefer not to hop.

But I hope that the added Plus previliges of visiting the Water Parks and Downtown Disney remain. THAT is something we use all the time.

chrizzy100
05-12-2004, 19:45
I'm glad I only go to one park a year most of the time....and we pay at the gate incase we don't brother with the parks at all...

florida4sun
06-12-2004, 01:26
Hello,
it appears that there will be some changes. We are expecting 'official' information asap. I have heard various rumours so dont take anyting as gospel just yet:)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
Didn't know whether this goes in here or not but feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate.
Apparently you can buy 5 day and 7 day tickets but as standard they do not come with park hopping privileges, for this you have to pay extra to ensure you can park hop.
Also the 'Never Expire' claim now disappears too but guess what? you can pay to upgrade to a 'Never Expire' option.

I think there is more detail out there but I'm sure Disney have worked out this will make them more money and in turn cost us more :(

Brizzle.
[/quote]

KJH
06-12-2004, 02:36
I f I but my tickets now, (we are going in Jan) would I be affected?

Kaz

blott
06-12-2004, 02:58
Kaz, I think any changes take place next year.

KJH
06-12-2004, 03:03
Cheers Blott,

I have to order them anyway, we are going on the 31st January, 2 days after my **birthday. Very strange this forum, it keeps deleting my age![8D]

Kaz

djdigitald
06-12-2004, 12:03
Just been looking at the Disney Website and the 'Magic Your Way' ticket options seem to be only for people who stay in the Disney resorts but i may have read this wrong. It all kicks off on January 2nd 2005 and as far as i can see you can still but all the existing ticket types.

jolliffee
06-12-2004, 13:07
I think there are wide ranging changes but as Martin says we need to wait for the official word. But it looks like all the old formats will be available and valid till they make the change.

luckylady
06-12-2004, 18:59
Hi Guys just recived this hope you understend it

These are major changes that will certainly affect your guests so please ensure that anyone selling tickets that you have on your site have changed their information otherwise you will have some unhappy guests in your home.
It looks as though its designed to stop the ticket booth sellers and of course make more money for Disney even though they made $512 million in the last quarter.

I am e.mailing Disney to get this confirmed and will let you know if it is any different.Here is the e.mail.

Beginning January 2, 2005, Disney will now offer the new "Magic Your Way" passes at the gates, in advance, and in conjunction with Packages. Park Hopper, Park Hopper PLUS, and Ultimate Park Hopper Passes will no longer be offered. Additionally, the Dream Maker Package, as well as the Prince &Princess Plan, Silver Plan, Gold Plan, Platinum Plan, and Romance Plan, will no longer be offered after this date. Tickets and Packages purchased prior to January 2, 2005 will be honored.

The new "Magic Your Way" passes allow for greater flexibility when purchasing passes for your Disney vacation. Here's how it works:

* The "base ticket" starts with a number of days of admission - 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 days. This base ticket allows admission to one park on that day, and expires 14 days after the first day of use. The price per day starts at $59 for 1-day ticket to $29 per day for a 7-day ticket.

* You can add a "No Expiration" option to your ticket for an additional cost (ranging from $10 to $100 based on the length of the base ticket). This way you could save on buying a larger ticket and use it over several vacations, or use it as insurance in case you do not think you'd use all of your days on your vacation.

* You can add a "Park Hopper" option to your base ticket that gives you the flexibility to hop between the 4 Major Themeparks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Disney-MGM Studios) on each day of admission. The cost is $35 regardless of the length of your base ticket.

* You can add a "Magic Plus Pack" to your base tickets for a flat cost of $45 (regardless of the length of your base ticket). This gives you a number of options (ranging from 2 to 5, based on the length of your pass) that can be used for admission to the Minor Themeparks (Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, DisneyQuest, Pleasure Island, or Wide World of Sports Complex).

Barbara

florida4sun
07-12-2004, 23:27
I have some confirmed information on the new ticket choices. There are major changes and for the good[msnsmile] Guests will now be able to pretty much choose whatever combination of major parks, minor parks, days and wether to hop or not. They will also have a choice of either 14 day expiry or no expiry.
I do not yet have full details but can confirm that tickets will be available as follows:

All tickets can be bought in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 day options.

Ticket choice 1
covers major parks no hopping

Ticket Choice 2
As above but with hopping.

Ticket choice 3
covers minor parks no hopping

The above all have a 14 day expiry date or you can pay extra and have no expiry date.

So you can buy any combination of days/parks you wish. The prices are rising for example an equivelent 5 day hopper plus will be around $30 more than todays price.

My advice is to buy now and save a a fortune. Get the existing hoppers while you can!

We will be stocking 3,4,5,6,7 day options for sure. Still deciding on what others (if any we will stock).

Brizzle.
[/quote]

brizzle
07-12-2004, 23:44
So I'm assuming any hoppers will be honoured by Disney for ever.
So I could buy a normal 5 day hopper now and use it in two years time for example?

Brizzle.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-12-2004, 00:58
I believe you can - that's what Martin is suggesting you do in his penultimate paragraph [msnsmile]
So I could buy a normal 5 day hopper now and use it in two years time for example?

Brizzle.
[/quote]

florida4sun
08-12-2004, 01:12
Yep,
the existing hoppers will be sold until Jan 1st. Unused days will not expire. If you have the means, stock up on them..

Brizzle.
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
08-12-2004, 01:58
So going by Lucky ladys post a 7 day hopper, with no expiration and the extra options (as similar to a 7 day park hopper plus is now) will cost $393 (if you assume this is going to be the top price). I assume that will be plus tax, how does that compare with the existing rates Martin?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-12-2004, 02:09
$330 including tax and credit card fees at the moment - see www.park-tickets.com

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
So going by Lucky ladys post a 7 day hopper, with no expiration and the extra options (as similar to a 7 day park hopper plus is now) will cost $393 (if you assume this is going to be the top price). I assume that will be plus tax, how does that compare with the existing rates Martin?
[/quote]

CarolAnn
08-12-2004, 12:25
OK! Have to lie down now[msneek]It sounds so confusing. I assume once I read it all again it will become more simple? Thanks for the information posted so far.

steph_goodrum
08-12-2004, 12:40
"$330 including tax and credit card fees at the moment - see www.park-tickets.com"

Quite significant saving then Martin, we have found that we dont spend enough days in the park to warrant an annual pass at the moment and have found these the best way to go.

Rich-n-Ang
08-12-2004, 14:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Yep,
the existing hoppers will be sold until Jan 1st. Unused days will not expire. If you have the means, stock up on them..

[/quote]

Martin,

Can we order existing hoppers anytime up to 1st Jan, or do you need orders in sooner than that.

Rich.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-12-2004, 15:17
The sooner the better would be good as we cannot guarantee we will be able to process any orders made at the very last minute in time.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
Yep,

[/quote]

Martin,

Can we order existing hoppers anytime up to 1st Jan, or do you need orders in sooner than that.

Rich.
[/quote]

thistle1314
08-12-2004, 15:47
Dearie me - this is confusing but I've read over them a few times so its beginning to sink in. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

We have 2 plus left on our hopper passes from last year that we were planning to use next year for the water parks. Maple Leaf has an offer of 4 day hopper only tickets at the moment.

Do you think I should get the 4 day hopper only ticket just now?

[msnsmile][xmas2]

florida4sun
08-12-2004, 16:21
I would order as soon as you can. With this change over we do not know what the stock situation will be towards the end of the year.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Rich-n-Ang
Yep,

[/quote]

Martin,

Rich.
[/quote]

Rich-n-Ang
08-12-2004, 16:30
Thanks for prompt reply, I've been trying to find out what tickets our party of 14 want me to order for weeks now with no response, hopefully when I pass on this info they will finally get back to me.

Pluto
08-12-2004, 23:03
Sorry if I have not quite got the gist of this. We have already bought 4 day hoppers to use next June. So are you saying we will still be able to use them next year.

Sorry - just having a blond moment - and no offence meant to any other blondes out there:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
08-12-2004, 23:22
Yes - you can use them. It's just that after 2 January 2005 there will be the new style tickets on sale and you will no longer be able to buy the Park Hopper type tickets.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pluto
Sorry if I have not quite got the gist of this. We have already bought 4 day hoppers to use next June. So are you saying we will still be able to use them next year.

Sorry - just having a blond moment - and no offence meant to any other blondes out there:D
[/quote]