PDA

View Full Version : Is Alamo rental inside Orlando Int'l Airport

jtijani
04-12-2004, 17:15
We have booked with Alamo at Orlando International Airport at Xmas. I was told they are based inside the airport. Their address even seemed like they were based inside the airport. However a friend came back yesterday and insisted they are not based at the airport. We have always used Sanford and rented with Dollar, however this is our first time at MCO. Does anyone know if they are right inside the airport or off the airport. I would really hate to have to start searching for their showroom after 12 hours flight.

KJH
04-12-2004, 17:22
Yes they are on the airport. Once you have collected luggage, go downstairs to the car rental desks, complete paperwork, walk across the road nto the building opposite and then go in the little office... collect you car.

Kaz

chrissb
04-12-2004, 17:25
Hi Jtjani

Alamo is definately inside Orlando International airport, and have been for the past couple of years. They are at level 1 with all the other car hire firms and when you have completed the paper work you just leave the terminal, cross the road and select your car.

linda allen
04-12-2004, 20:04
We use Alamo all the time and they are definately on the airport. You just walk across the road to the carpark to collect your car after you have completed the paper work at their desk inside the airport.
Miami Int is different with Alamo and all other rentals off airport and a bus ride away.

Nostromo
04-12-2004, 20:07
Not only are they inside the airport, there was a much shorter queue at Alamo compared with Dollar when we went this time in April. While I had to wait over an hour for my turn at the Dollar desk, some guys who'd travelled on our flight and were behind us in the immigrations queue, got their car and left almost 45 minutes before us.[msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]

DarrenShort
04-12-2004, 22:14
Yes, Dollar always have a huge queue, whilst Alamo are usually fairly quiet...

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-12-2004, 22:33
When we arrived last Saturday it was the reverse - there was a HUGE queue at Alamo and not a soul at Dollar. I think it's swings and roundabouts as they both get busy at times.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DarrenShort
Yes, Dollar always have a huge queue, whilst Alamo are usually fairly quiet...
[/quote]

Joolz
04-12-2004, 23:32
We are booked with Alamo too- We were sent a preregistration form for us to fill out with details like driving licence number etc... and the promise of a rapid service through the system!![8)]

Nostromo
04-12-2004, 23:46
I don't know if it is just an optical illuision, but it seems every time we go to MCO that the Dollar staff move about with irritating slowness while the Alamo ones seem to bustle around getting things done a lot faster.

KJH
05-12-2004, 03:26
Never had a problem with either. (OH God I've probably just jinxed myself):(

Will let you know in 59 days[8D]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-12-2004, 03:50
The ones in the opposite line to you always do that [msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
I don't know if it is just an optical illuision, but it seems every time we go to MCO that the Dollar staff move about with irritating slowness while the Alamo ones seem to bustle around getting things done a lot faster.
[/quote]

LiesaAnna
18-12-2004, 05:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Joolz
We are booked with Alamo too- We were sent a preregistration form for us to fill out with details like driving licence number etc... and the promise of a rapid service through the system!![8)]
[/quote]

Been there done that!!!!
all as describee above, send the pre registration form 5 days before arrival (UK add) and book in.......took 5 mins asked if we needed extra insurance said no, gave credit card details ( since arriving home, been charged £21 for a full tank of petrol, to leave empty/low on return, and hey presto

WELCOME TO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ
29-12-2004, 05:43
I remember back in 2002 when we went to florida and we had to get an Alamo bus to there rental depot place. This butch woman was lifting all our cases and we felt kind of bad watching.

anyway it was a short drive and then when it came to giving the car back they had moved to the new premises which are now actually at the airport. alamo is on the ground floor and is situated next to all the other rental companies. it's very well sign posted.