PDA

View Full Version : Random cry for help!

Cruella DeVilla
02-12-2004, 23:36
Just found out that a Christmas party I am going to on Monday is 80s themed, it only seems like yesterday, have been wracking my brains for who to go as, any suggestions welcome. Unfortunately the Maddona and Blondie figure went in the 80S!

Please help[:P]

Nostromo
02-12-2004, 23:43
How about Cruella de Vil??? (I would have thought it was obvious!!;);))

fiona
03-12-2004, 00:04
Is it too cruel to suggest Alf? Alison Moyet? Lots of black. Failing that what about a Tina Turner wig? Otherwise a power suit, blouse with a bow and some pearls or a sloaney outfit should fit the bill.

Just had another thought, what about the Romantic look? black trousers with frilly blouses?

andrewmckay5
03-12-2004, 00:06
Two Tone?

E. Cosgrove
03-12-2004, 00:10
Power suit has to have BIG shoulder pads, or what about someone from Abba?<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Is it too cruel to suggest Alf? Alison Moyet? Lots of black. Failing that what about a Tina Turner wig? Otherwise a power suit, blouse with a bow and some pearls or a sloaney outfit should fit the bill.

Just had another thought, what about the Romantic look? black trousers with frilly blouses?
[/quote]

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 00:12
How can anyone make a suggestion unless they know what CDV actually looks like? I mean, are you like Dolly Parton or Geena Davis or somewhere in between?;);););)

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 00:40
People call me Maryln (Monroe not Manson), not sure if it is because I look like I have been dead 50 years or am a glamour puss!!! Same hair and build as her, More Dolly than Geena definately!

Did the blonde ABBA girl before but was part of a foursome, was thinking of something Adam Anty as I went to see him 4 times...sad or what, same with Duran Duran! Was thinking about Boy George or Cyndia Lauper..............UM I NED HELP!

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 00:53
Hey Cyn Lauper would be good! You could wear an ash blond wig and sing "Money Changes Everythinggggg!" or "Girls Just Wanna Have Funnnnn!". After all SHE's so unsual.

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 00:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
People call me Maryln (Monroe not Manson), not sure if it is because I look like I have been dead 50 years or am a glamour puss!!! Same hair and build as her, More Dolly than Geena definately!
[/quote]

How 'bout dinner tonight? Or maybe even tomorrow? ;);)[beer][beer]

mm69340
03-12-2004, 01:33
If you have a lot of makeup you want to use up-- BOY GEORGE!

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 01:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mm69340
If you have a lot of makeup you want to use up-- BOY GEORGE!
[/quote]

Boy George with a Marilyn Monroe build? Oh Boy!!!

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 01:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

How 'bout dinner tonight? Or maybe even tomorrow? ;);)[beer][beer]
[/quote]

[laugh][laugh]

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 02:01
Gosh, did not imaging going as a transvestite but remember Boy Georges friend "Marilyn"?

MaggieAllan
03-12-2004, 13:51
CDV...if you go on the officialcharts.com you might get inspiration looking at all the number ones of the eighties.

Also great for looking up what was number one when you were born for a bit of fun....mine was Walking Back to Happiness (Nov 61)

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 15:18
Thanks Maggie,
Found a similiar sight to do with 80s themed parties, where I got my original ideas from. Have to go now and find out what was no1 when I was born!

CarolAnn
03-12-2004, 18:00
How about a memeber of the Glitter Band? You know? High Platfroms and mega glitter outfit of any sort ? I have the perfect sandals CDV too!!! I have only worn em twice, and bought them quite recently, size 5!!! I adore them, but for some reason, my family panic if I get them out of the cupboard[msnwink]
Love the Adam Ant idea:) I loved that period of fashion too!! Mind, perhaps it was more to do with the fact that I was a mere size 10 in those days.....aghhhh memories:)

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 18:21
Yeh I was a size 8 then, not sure I wouldn't scare the young pups dressing up as an aged Adam Ant. (He went mad and shot someone in the US and has psychiatric problems these days). Maybe I will just go as Mrs Claus I have a little red outfit somewhere![xmas2]

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 18:44
[/quote]

If you can get hold of the right outfit (from THAT famous scene where her skirt...well you know) why not go as MM? (Marilyn Monroe, not Miriam Margolyes :D)

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 18:52
I have a white dress the same as hers but not really 80s, they might get the wrong idea!!! I am in a panic now to get something together over the weekend! Think I will go as Queen Victoria as it did not saw which century in the 80s;)

CarolAnn
03-12-2004, 21:04
Still think Glitter and platforms CDV!! Or is that just me having a moment?:DI LOVED the 80's!! The platforms are so great if you are a shorty like me too!
BTW. I didn't know Adam Ant lost it THAT bad!!![:O]

Ray&Sarah
03-12-2004, 21:25
Carol you seem to have a platforms and glitter fetish!!![msnwink]:D

Nostromo
03-12-2004, 21:29
I have a white dress the same as hers but not really 80s, they might get the wrong idea!!! [/quote]

Oh well, if it cannot be Marilyn Monroe, you have to settle for Miriam Margolyes. She certainly is very 1980s and so you shouldn't have too much trouble impersonating her!!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Nostromo/2004123162848_MM1.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Nostromo/2004123164640_MM2.jpg

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 22:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
Still think Glitter and platforms CDV!! Or is that just me having a moment?:DI LOVED the 80's!! The platforms are so great if you are a shorty like me too!
BTW. I didn't know Adam Ant lost it THAT bad!!![:O]
[/quote]

CarolAnn,
If it was a 70s night I would be there as a Glam Rock Chic but alas all the sparkle was hung up in the 80s for big shoulders and frilly blouses...oh dear, did we really dress like that[:O]

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 22:07
I have a white dress the same as hers but not really 80s, they might get the wrong idea!!! [/quote]

Oh well, if it cannot be Marilyn Monroe, you have to settle for Miriam Margolyes. She certainly is very 1980s and so you shouldn't have too much trouble impersonating her!!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Nostromo/2004123162848_MM1.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Nostromo/2004123164640_MM2.jpg
[/quote]

Oh dear, think I shall stay at home if that is the choice[}:)]

rosie
03-12-2004, 22:22
How about a Dallas/Dynasty gal??? Big shoulder pads, very glammed up, oozing power and confidence ;)

Cruella DeVilla
03-12-2004, 22:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
How about a Dallas/Dynasty gal??? Big shoulder pads, very glammed up, oozing power and confidence ;)
[/quote]

No it is fancy dress can't turn up as myself;):D:D

rosie
03-12-2004, 22:27
:D:D:D CDV, back to the drawing board then....

Snapper
03-12-2004, 22:33
How about doing an Elton? Platform heels, huge glasses, baseball hat, velvet jacket and the loudest trousers you can find?

rosie
03-12-2004, 22:43
Is Mr CDV going to? if yes what about the Blues Brothers? Or Crocodile Dundee, or Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, or Nena (99 red balloons), Kim Wilde, the guy from Flock of Seagulls (can't remember his name but the hair was unmistakably 80's)....... I'll send you a link to an 80's site to help jog some memories, mind, you were just a bairn in those days :)

Nostromo
04-12-2004, 00:31
If MrCDV is going too, you two could turn up as Mulder and Scully. There are sure to be some Aliens in this fancy dress party and you can have a field day!

Cruella DeVilla
04-12-2004, 00:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steveharrison
How about doing an Elton? Platform heels, huge glasses, baseball hat, velvet jacket and the loudest trousers you can find?
[/quote]
Hey Steve, That's a good one never thought of Elton![^]

Cruella DeVilla
04-12-2004, 00:50
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by rosieuk
Is Mr CDV going to? if yes what about the Blues Brothers? Or Crocodile Dundee, or Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, or Nena (99 red balloons), Kim Wilde, the guy from Flock of Seagulls (can't remember his name but the hair was unmistakably 80's)....... I'll send you a link to an 80's site to help jog some memories, mind, you were just a bairn in those days :)
[/quote]

No partners at this one, two of my boys/team are going as the Blues Brothers...I suggested that, so found them something and not me! Some good suggestions, away to look at that sight! Thanks.

Cruella DeVilla
04-12-2004, 00:51
If MrCDV is going too, you two could turn up as Mulder and Scully. There are sure to be some Aliens in this fancy dress party and you can have a field day!
[/quote]

That's it! I will go as that thing inside Sigourney![sick]

Nostromo
05-12-2004, 03:11
So CDV, who or what have you finally settled on for your Monday party? I'm curious to know!

sunseeker
05-12-2004, 05:25
How about going as souixsie, from the banshees?? you already have the white dress,you just need to accessorise.

Dave

Cruella DeVilla
05-12-2004, 16:16
It is almost Sunday lunchtime and I am still hunting for something to wear!!![V]

Cruella DeVilla
10-12-2004, 18:19
OK. I was a chicken and did not go for anything wild!I went as a new romantic, Durany type costume, tartan, frills, bows, big hair, big heels etc etc. God I felt daft!!! Made up for it on Wednesday evening as I got to wear my ballgown to a Company bash!! Had to cancel another ball on Saturday as going somewhere else which involves air travel;)

MaggieAllan
10-12-2004, 18:26
New villa in Fla....Or....Ball

Bet you struggled with that decision for a nano second

Nostromo
10-12-2004, 19:17
OK. I was a chicken and did not go for anything wild!I went as a new romantic, Durany type costume, tartan, frills, bows, big hair, big heels etc etc. God I felt daft!!!
[/quote]

CDV, if that's not wild, I am scared to ask what is! [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

SunLover
10-12-2004, 19:58
I'm hoping that there is photographic evidence of your outfit CDV ? :D

Cruella DeVilla
10-12-2004, 22:19
Sorry no one was allowed to take a picture!![gun][gun]