PDA

View Full Version : My trip, Day 7, Universal (again!)

Spuddybaby
02-12-2004, 15:04
once again, at 8am this monirng it was another fantastic day!
Today we were off to Universal again, but today we were meeting up with another member of Helens and Michaels family, their sister Anne-Marie and husband Lee.
They had decided to fly out for a week on a last minute deal, for some sunbathing and maybe the odd park or two.
We had arranged to meet them underneath the Hulk at 12pm, so we set off for a few hours in unversal Studios first. Anne and Lee didnt have flexitickets, as they were only doing a few parks, so it was cheaper to just pay the entrance fee.
So we went on the mummy a few times, wandered over to ET via Shrek and then Men in black a cople of time, and Back to the future.
Soon though the weather started to cloud over, and the heavens opened at about half 11 (yes, we did all the rides above in the space of about 2 and a half hours! brilliant!). This time it really rained, and we were forced to seek cover.
We were huddled together in a space next to the Twister, when Michaels phone rang and Anne said that they were waiting for us, as they had arrived early.
We said that we weret going anywhere cos of the rain and they would have to wait. But then the rain eased up a bit and we made a quick dash to the big Universal store in the entrance of Universal Studios. We could see the end of the clouds, but unfortuanely there was going to be a while yet til the rains fully eased off and the clouds were gone. so we wandered around the store, buying some chocolate and looking at the various clothes.
Eventually the clouds broke up and we wandered over into IOA.
We actually met Anne and Lee in the entrance as they had been in and out of the shops during the rain.
Lee was glad that we were there, as Anne is not a rollercoaster fan at all. So with us he had someone to go on with. We made our way to the Hulk and stood underneath for a few minutes, and Lee finally got his nerve and we went on it. He does like the rollercoasters, but these big old twisty florida ones, look a bit dauting to him!
So we walked straight onto the ride with no queues again, and got on the back row (the best ride in my opinion as you get whipped around corners!).
Lee had no idea of the start of the ride, ie the acceleration at the top of the tunnel so none of us said anything, so that he would get a surprise!
After we got off, he was a bit hsaky and needed a sit down, so he wandered to the others and me, mum and dad had another go!
Five mins later we were off an heading towards SPiderman.
On the way Lee decided he wanted to go on Dr Dooms fearfall and so on we went, well, me, mum dad and lee anyway! This is a tame ride in my opinion as once the biggest lift is over with is pretty boring!
After this we went onto spiderman and then to the water rides.
Which in hindsight was a bit silly as the clouds had come voer again and i didnt dry out for ages!!
We finished up on duelling dragons before leaving, but we had agreed to have some dinner together tonight.
A frend of mine recomended the Baham Breeze on I-Drive, and so we decided to eat there. What can i say, it was fantastic! The food was lovely, the portions were massive and it was very reasonable priced. unfortnately though, there was a 90 minute wait, but luckily anne and lee had got there earlier than we agreed and we only had to wait about ten minutes as they reserved a table straight away.
I would seriously recomend this place as it was fantastic, so if you are looking for anice place to eat you cant go wrong!

The next day was either going to be a shoppng day or typhoon lagoon, depending on the weather, so we went o bed hoping for a change compared to todays weather!

(sorry no pictures today as i forgot my Cd withthem on!)

Fletch
02-12-2004, 18:26
Great - keep them coming! Sad to hear about the rain, but glad it didn't spoil your day. I've made a note to try the Bahama Breeze - sounds great.

Nostromo
02-12-2004, 20:33
Very Good report Spuddy. You are right that Hulk is best from the LAST row, where you can feel its physical effects to the maximum. Front row is great too, but less important than for Kraken or Duelling Dragons cos Hulk has a solid floor under you making you less exposed.

Madabouttigger
14-12-2004, 22:57
I agree with the Bahama Breeze restaurent comments, but dont tell too many folk or it will always be busy!

[msnsmile2]

SunLover
14-12-2004, 23:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Madabouttigger
I agree with the Bahama Breeze restaurent comments, but dont tell too many folk or it will always be busy!

[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

I think the word is already out !!! It's always been busy whenever we've eaten there, but the atmosphere is great and you don't mind the wait as the food is sooooo delicious [:P]

Ray&Sarah
15-12-2004, 00:47
Sounds like you needed a rest day after all that Spuddy!:D