PDA

View Full Version : Christmas countdown

MaggieAllan
01-12-2004, 18:15
the following happy people are in their countdown period now

Have a lovely holiday, a fabulous Christmas & New Year and I hope to see you over there

[xmas1]Mprince[xmas1]
[xmas2]Ruth[xmas2]
[xmas1]Robby[xmas1]
[xmas2]Stressedmumof3[xmas2]
[xmas1]Joolz[xmas1]
[xmas2]Rosieuk[xmas2]
[xmas1]Susangrah[xmas1]
[xmas2]Tinapeters[xmas2]
[xmas1]Brizzle[xmas1]
[xmas2]Dennan[xmas2]
[xmas1]Corny[xmas1]
[xmas2]Nikkikk[xmas2]
[xmas1]Solana[xmas1]
[xmas2]Ditto[xmas2]
[xmas1]Blott[xmas1]
[xmas2]Cericrowley[xmas2]
[xmas1]CruellaDeVilla[xmas1]
[xmas2]CalamityJane[xmas2]
[xmas1]Stevek[xmas1]
[xmas2]Andreah[xmas2]
[xmas1]Scully62[xmas1]
[xmas2]Crissb[xmas2]
[xmas1]Sonofsos[xmas1]
[xmas2]Wildcat[xmas2]
[xmas1]Steveandjan[xmas1]
[xmas2]Sheenallan[xmas2]
[xmas1]Campbell[xmas1]
[xmas2]Parrot2[xmas2]
[xmas1]Carolmc[xmas1]
[xmas2]MTP[xmas2]
[xmas1]Andyandannhales[xmas1]
[xmas2]Skippy[xmas2]
[xmas1]Tomogrady[xmas1]
[xmas2]Caseyd[xmas2]
[xmas1]Andrewmckay5[xmas1]
[xmas2]greenpete[xmas2]
[xmas1]floridadreamvilla.co.uk[xmas1]
[xmas2]Phaedra[xmas2]
[xmas1]Lisa and Scott Parker[xmas1]

And to those not going.....have an absolutley brilliant Christmas and a very Happy New Year[xmas1][xmas2][xmas1][xmas1][xmas2]

Best Wishes
Maggie, Allan, Dave & Rachel

TINAPETERS
01-12-2004, 21:15
Thankyou, we are so looking forward to it, especially after seeing all the great photos. Merry Christmas to you too.

Joolz
02-12-2004, 03:08
Woopeeeee!!![xmas2]

Dennan
02-12-2004, 11:40
Thanks, we are really looking forward. We will be thinking of you when we are walking with our shorts and T-Shirts in the "snow" [msnwink].

Today it's Only 11d:5h:49m:34s until our 02:30PM departure for Disneyworld on 12/13/2004.

Have a great Christmas and new year for everybody here on the forum.

MaggieAllan
02-12-2004, 13:00
I don't know what to pack this time Dennan....I keep thinking shorts and tshirts will be OK day time and trousers/skirts and a fleece for evenings....but don't want to stick out like a sore thum if we wear shorts. It should be warm enough shouldn't it??????

Watch out for the OV tshirt and flag 25th to 1st

CERICROWLEY
02-12-2004, 13:38
We've been three times now this year. going 21st December to 2rd Jan.

We take shorts and t-shirts and always been fine. but we always packa pair of jeans and a couple of long sleeves. As the went upto Kennedy Space Centre it was a couple of degrees cooler. We have long sleeves in the evening as eating in restaurants the air conditioning is very cold., but outside is lovely. Although the year before December 2002 New year 2003 it poured with rain new years eve. alnight.

MaggieAllan
02-12-2004, 14:05
Thanks Ceri...can go and start organising the wardrobes now.

With only going for 7 days I'm hoping to travel light and use the washing machine more than normal, but I bet we have the usual amount plus a few longer sleaved things and jeans etc...and must rememeber the brolly....don't usually take one in warmer months as you soon get dry if caught out....just thought, will take our ponchos instead....so that will be me ...OV tshirt, Ov flag on bag, Micky poncho, with a fleece over one arm .....and then someone will grab a photo and post on here.....must rememeber the lippy at all times[xmas1]

Ruth
02-12-2004, 14:22
A week today we will be at Gatwick. It may be a little chilly to expose my OV T shirt there but look out for it while I am waiting for immigration;)

MaggieAllan
02-12-2004, 14:27
Is it only heads and shoulders on those photos immigration take? Or can we get an Ov tshirt on there? Challenge anyone?[msnwink]

Dennan
03-12-2004, 18:23
I just looked at the forecast and it is arround 25C high and 10C low...

Will be a lot better then the 5C high here in the Netherlands...

Only 9 day's WHEEEEEE

Stressed Mum of 3
04-12-2004, 13:58
6 days and counting ..... this time next week we will be there ..... Whoopee!! [clap]

Cruella DeVilla
04-12-2004, 14:04
8 days to Florida trip number 5 this year and what a year! Looking forward to catching up with friends old (sorry Rosie) and new! Got back Wednesday morning unpacked and started packing again....yeeha!

Maggie, I had the picture taken last week and it was just head and shoulders on the image and your finger scan to of course. Unless you have your tshirt on your head it should not be in the picture, also you cannot afford to muck about at this crucial time.........you might get deported:D

Cruella DeVilla
04-12-2004, 14:05
Oh forgot to say, when we were there last week it was chilly in the evenings!

rosie
04-12-2004, 15:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
8 days to Florida trip number 5 this year and what a year! Looking forward to catching up with friends old (sorry Rosie) and new! Got back Wednesday morning unpacked and started packing again....yeeha!
[/quote]

Not so much of the "old" if you don't mind :D

7 more sleeps and this time next Sat we'll be in the air...... Looking forward to meeting as many people as possible :)

Ruth
04-12-2004, 15:39
The weather looks perfect at the moment:)5 more sleeps for us and one of those is at Gatwick:D

blott
04-12-2004, 16:49
6 more sleeps... bring it on! :)

Calamity Jane
04-12-2004, 17:35
13 for me ( but who's counting???:D)

MaggieAllan
04-12-2004, 18:07
I have added everyone I know about to the first post above now...please DM me if I missed anyone or made a mistake and I'll edit.

andreah
04-12-2004, 18:27
12 more sleeps for us! Can't wait

Most of my suitcases are full of presents, I only hope my husband has plans to get mine out there, or I might be watching everyone else open theirs!!![msncry]

Hope everyone has a fabulous time whether in Orlando or the rest of the planet![grouphug][xmas1][xmas2]

andrewmckay5
04-12-2004, 18:31
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
The weather looks perfect at the moment:)5 more sleeps for us and one of those is at Gatwick:D
[/quote]
Ruth, we're staying at gatwick on the 17th for a flight on the 18th; makes the holiday seem 1 day closer[msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-12-2004, 19:31
10 sleeps for us. If the weather is anything like it was when we were out at the beginning of this week it should be just perfect [msnsmile2]

greenpete
05-12-2004, 03:43
6 more sleeps for us plus 1 at Gatwick. Has anyone eaten at the Planet Hollywood which is located at Gatwick South terminal? We are hoping to eat there Friday night.

Anna

caseyd
05-12-2004, 08:39
Hey, add me to that list! Leaving Dec. 17 for Orlando and a villa in Oak Island Harbor for 10 days. I may not be flying across the ocean, but I am driving 15 hrs. to get there and staying in the sweetest villa I can imagine, on the lake, big rectangular pool, and all the plans made from the Orlando Villa Board....

SunLover
05-12-2004, 09:27
30 sleeps for us... but at my age, I need all the sleeps I can get [msnwink]

carolmc
05-12-2004, 11:38
11 sleeps for us.....yipeee[xmas1]

phaedra
05-12-2004, 19:30
1 sleep for us :D

We're not on the list though! :(

MaggieAllan
05-12-2004, 22:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by phaedra
1 sleep for us :D

We're not on the list though! :(
[/quote]

You just have to let me know...your wish is my command.

Have a great time.

Now folks...is there anybody else....Santas little helper can only help if you write her a note (DM)

Joolz
06-12-2004, 22:45
4 more sleeps for us...
woopeee! [msnsmile2]
we are on the list thanks![msnsmile2]

Also a bit confused re clothes.
Do people dress up for dinner at Christmas in USA restaurants/hotels or will we look odd!!! (dressed up I mean!!)
[xmas1]

I get so confused by the temperatures even so I now have my home page as a florida weather site!! Id much rather it said- tshiort and shorts weather or light jumper and jeans weather - or bikini weather ....
My hubby works in a different temp scale to me anyway so I dont know what hes talking about!!!!

blott
06-12-2004, 22:57
If it's Denny's then no but if it's somewhere posher they do tend to dress up a bit, ie not T-shirts and shorts but not ball gowns and tiaras either! Er, I dunno what you'd call it, smart casual? Lots of the females turn up in casual type suits, or smart(ish) dresses, that type of thing.

Have a great time! [xmas1]

Cruella DeVilla
06-12-2004, 23:44
I get really disappointed about going out dressed up in the States in general. I love glamour but there is not a lot around generally. Rosie and I and our better halfs went to the HRC in June and they said oh you are all dressed up, we were just casual.

We went to one of the posh hotel last New Years Eve, I had a ballgown on and Mr CDV had on a suit and we were grossly overdressed. Saying that I would do the same again as I love to dress up. Wear whatever you feel comfortable and and to heck with what everyone else is wearing!

chrizzy100
07-12-2004, 00:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by greenpete
6 more sleeps for us plus 1 at Gatwick. Has anyone eaten at the Planet Hollywood which is located at Gatwick South terminal? We are hoping to eat there Friday night.

Anna
[/quote]

We have.....its small but the food was OK....mind that was 5 years ago.....

Lisa and Scott Parker
07-12-2004, 00:37
We have got 14 more sleeps (1 at gatwick ) before we go out on 20 Dec hopefully. I say hopefully as I have just come out of hospital and still have to go for more tests next week. we have been doomed with this trip as our own villa has been delayed, managed to get accomodation now and then ended up in hospital so heaven knows if we will get there[msneek][msneek]

I am determined to make it and will be looking out for you all in your OV t-shirts - we are staying in Windsor Palms.

Merry Christmas to everyone[xmas2]

MaggieAllan
07-12-2004, 04:09
I get really disappointed about going out dressed up in the States in general. I love glamour but there is not a lot around generally. Rosie and I and our better halfs went to the HRC in June and they said oh you are all dressed up, we were just casual.

We went to one of the posh hotel last New Years Eve, I had a ballgown on and Mr CDV had on a suit and we were grossly overdressed. Saying that I would do the same again as I love to dress up. Wear whatever you feel comfortable and and to heck with what everyone else is wearing!
[/quote]

I agree CDV..I love evening gowns and feeling extra special dressing for the occasion...and I love my fella in a DJ. I'm used to doing the whole shabang on NYs Eve and am a bit dissapointed that we won't be...although nice spangly top and tailored trousers, with a tasteful tiara are planned[8D]

sheenallan
07-12-2004, 16:07
[xmas2]Seven more sleeps for us Yipee:D:D:D:D:D

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

From a very happy Sheena & Allan

stabard
07-12-2004, 18:24

[/quote]

does this mean I need my glitzzy swim suit for drinks by the pool[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
07-12-2004, 21:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard

[/quote]

does this mean I need my glitzzy swim suit for drinks by the pool[msnwink]
[/quote]

OH YEAH!

skippy
07-12-2004, 22:19
12 sleeps and one in New York can't wait[clap]

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE[xmas1]

Solana
07-12-2004, 22:53
6 more sleeps at home and one at Manchester, then sun, fun and shopping here we come.
the mcintyres:D:D:D:D[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][clap][drinkpepsi][xmas1][xmas2]

caseyd
17-12-2004, 04:05
Oh my. [:O] I am leaving to drive down w/my daughter on Saturday morning and just got home from 10 days travel for work. Have to wrap all the presents, mail other presents, pack up, etc., and my husband's office Christmas party is tomorrow night. And my sweet dear husband (whose only fault is a lack of "travel planning genes") now thinks he forgot to make the flight reservations for my son and husband to join my daughter and me in Orlando next week. [msnembarrased] [confused] [msneek] And what am I doing w/my little time left? Checking this board! I'll just be glad when we get there and it's all done, and nothing else to do but have fun and relax and watch those great sunsets on the lake. [drinkbeer]
One more thing-- could someome warm it up down there before I get there please? In particular, could someone heat it up a bit at Discovery Cove on Christmas Eve morning? [xmas1] I'd really appreciate it. I'll rent your villa next time if you can do that for me!! :D

MaggieAllan
17-12-2004, 11:51
Have a fantatic time Eileen...might see you around....and it will warm up....think positive thoughts[msnwink]