PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of Life

Nostromo
01-12-2004, 14:33
Is the 'Wonders of Life' pavilion still seasonal or are they opening it regularly now? I think it is interesting and educational and we missed the great 'Body Wars' ride during out last visit. I cannot figure out why Epcot admins decided to close it intermittently.

linda allen
01-12-2004, 14:36
I agree, also they should be more specific as to when "seasonal" is.

blott
01-12-2004, 14:48
Do they mean peak season I wonder?

Nostromo
01-12-2004, 15:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
Do they mean peak season I wonder?
[/quote]

I asked the staff about that during our Spring visit. They were rather vague about it, saying that the attraction would open depending on 'crowd prediction' for any given week. I suppose we could take it to mean the summer peak and school breaks at other times. I can see no other way of predicting crowds. Moreover, how can anyone be sure if any particular attraction will get sufficient patronage from those who enter the park? As I said, it all seems rather vague.

SunLover
01-12-2004, 18:29
I'm afraid it's more likely to be down to "permitted" staffing levels than anything else.

Disney cast members are all going thru very harsh contract renewals at the moment, and the man at the top seems hell bent on cutting back on as many people as possible, as he has done for the last few years.

In other words, it's saves staff costs by closing the pavillion for a day and blaming it on "attendance levels".

E. Cosgrove
01-12-2004, 19:25
It was closed when we were there in Oct[msnsad]

linda allen
01-12-2004, 19:36
It was closed when we were there in early May.

Nostromo
01-12-2004, 20:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunLover
Disney cast members are all going thru very harsh contract renewals at the moment, and the man at the top seems hell bent on cutting back on as many people as possible, as he has done for the last few years.
[/quote]

Man at the top? You mean Eisner? No Wonder! (or Wonders of Life for that matter!)