PDA

View Full Version : My trip, Day 6—Magic Kingdom

Spuddybaby
29-11-2004, 16:20
woke up to yet another glorious day today.
Two years ago when we came to Disney for the first time we went to magic kingdom on a saturday and it was the busiest park we went to oduring the whole holiday. we put it down to it being a saturday and locals would probably go as well as tourists.
So this time we decided to go on a Tuesday, and hope that it would be quieter. We were aware that it is Disneys flagship park so it is normally going to be busier than the rest, but we hoped that it wasnt going to be jam packed again.
We had brekkie in the allstar canteen and left for the park at about 9am in the car. Soon we had parked up, and were walking to the entrance gate where you have to choose either the monorail or the boat. Seing as last time we came we got dropped off by the Disney buses right outside the main gates and then got the monorail later that day to EPcot, we decided to try the boat.
This was brilliant, and althogh it weas fairly busy, we got to stand right at the top next to the railings. Got a great photo of the Grand Floridian and Helen with Dale from the Rescue Ranger who were on the boat posing for the kids.
Walked into the park and took the standard photo of the castle from one end of Main Street, i think this is a must take photo for every visitor!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/spuddybaby/20041129113614_castle.jpg

then we alked straight onto Pirates of the Caribbean, as somehow we missed that ride last time. when we got off, michael said that the ride was a lot shorter than the last time he was there and that they had stopped it early. oh well. something to do when we next go!
After that it was on to Thuner Mountain and Splash Moutain, then to the haunted Mansion. Even though this is a slow ride, i think its brilliant, and it was ashame that there wasnt no queue for it, as we didnt get a chance to take in the surroundings. But the ride itself is very clever, and i like the bit where you have a ghost in your car!
Then we wandered round to a new show called Mickeys Philarmagic, which is another 4-D show. this absolutely rocks. The 3-d effects are brilliant and you get wet at moments when you dont expec it as well!
after this we wandered over to Tomorrowland and space mountain. We went onto the Buzz Lightyear ride as well, and were pleasently surpised. While not as good as Men in Black, its a fun game, as you can spin your car around as you like, and when you like and still shoot all the aliens! We got off this and went for a nice relaxing ride on the tram that goes around tomorrowland and into space mountain.
When we got off, we discovered that we all had a massive appetite, so we went into Pinoccios burger bar, which is opposite Mickeys Philarmagic right back accross the other side of the castle,for our burger lunch, we had been looking forward to these burger for two years, since we last had them! Unfortunately while we were eating, the heavens opened for the first time on our trip and the building suddenly became very crowded. Luckily though we alreadyhad our seat so, we took our time drinking our gigantic drinks and waited for the rain to stop. Eventually it stopped to a light drizzle and we decided to venture out. No sooner had we got outside than it sratting raining harder again, so we quickly decided to get indoors. the nearest indoors to us at that point was the hall of presidents, so we ducked into there!
While i enjoyed this, it is a bit too pro-america for me, altohugh i was impressed by the presdients at the end. Apparently new this year they have added 'Dubya', but by the time it got to him i had switched off. No offence to any americans who read this, but it was abit too much for me.
After this we decided that we had had enough of magic kingdom, as we had done everything we wanted to, no one wanted to go on lilo and stich and we were all gutted that the alien extraterrorestrial had closed down to make way for it.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/spuddybaby/20041129121953_castle2.jpg
What with the clouds coming over and the rain, we made o

LiesaAnna
29-11-2004, 18:02
oh dont like the clouds!!!!
sounds great, thanks!!!!![clap][clap]

KJH
29-11-2004, 18:32
Make sure you send pictures of you all posing in your cossies!;)

Kaz