PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

Ken and Julia
12-02-2002, 02:49
For my Money the single best attraction at all the parks is Fantasmic at MGM, this show will take some beating and is well worth the over an hour wait for it to start, they used to have a pre show to keep you amused while you wait but in December when we went there was none, maybe a cutback that they have made.

always look on the bright side

n/a
12-02-2002, 03:07
I saw this in August 2001, great show, well worth the long wait in order to guarantee a seat, there was no pre show then either.

rob
12-02-2002, 03:23
The show is fantastic, but what amaizes me more than anything else is how Micky avoids being hit by fireworks!

-------------
Rob

MMFAN
12-02-2002, 16:56
If you want to get there at the last minute and still get a seat, they have a dinner package that includes a reserved seat to the show.

orlandobabe
13-02-2002, 01:04
We saw it at Easter. Went back the second night as we felt we could get a better seat in front of the water screens-we had viewed them from the side before-so we sat eagerly anticipating the show for about an hour.
The lights dimmed, the show started Mickey came on, there was a huge roar, Mickey jumped and appeared to fall-the lights dimmed and there was just mayhem.

They got paramedics out-and it was all happening on stage. They cancelled the show-but in the dimness we could see Mickey and people working on him. We never found out what happened, whether he slipped or had a heart attack! I don't know-but it was about half an hour before they took him away-and then brought out a substitute Mickey to wave at the crowd!

We weren't fooled-and he never took his head off in the whole time he was at the front of the house!

Shame as it is a great show!

Orlandobabe

Ken and Julia
13-02-2002, 03:16
You dont mean Mickey's Dead, That all we need

And only Disney would not ruin the mickey image even if it did stop them giving the kiss of life, but thats showbiz folks

The view from the middle is much better than the sides, but not too close to the front as you can get wet from the spray if the winds in the wrong direction

always look on the bright side

Edited by - Ken and Julia on 12/02/2002 23:18:18

Edited by - Ken and Julia on 12/02/2002 23:20:39

athurstance
13-02-2002, 22:31
We saw Fantasmic for the first time over Christmas and I can't believe we didn't see it sooner. It was excellent. We sat right at the front on the 2nd row from the left. Great view - a bit further to the center would have been ideal. We got a bit of spray but nothing too bad. My boys - aged 7 and 9 - just loved it.
The crowds going out are a bit much though - can't believe Disney couldn't come up with a couple more exits to split the crowd up a bit.

SunLover
08-04-2003, 00:32
Orlandobabe ! A substitute Mickey ? Surely not !!! (Remember the magic !)

Sorry you missed the show though :(

Chris [8D]