PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island

djdigitald
28-11-2004, 01:27
Just to let everyone know,u only need passes to get into the clubs at Pleasure Island now not the whole park as i found out to my disgust when i got there:(

KJH
28-11-2004, 03:25
Sorry to sound thick, but what do you mean, not needing passes to whole park?[confused]

Kaz

SunLover
28-11-2004, 03:45
The PI streets are now open to the public, but you get a wristband "pass" ($16.00 approx.) to enter all the clubs.

djdigitald
28-11-2004, 03:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt
Sorry to sound thick, but what do you mean, not needing passes to whole park?[confused]

Kaz
[/quote]

At PI u don't need to buy a ticket unless you want to enter theclubs, before you had to pay to get into PI, they told us, they make more money from charging peopleto go into the clubs than what they did on the gates!

ujpest doza
09-12-2004, 15:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by djdigitald
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJHewitt

Kaz
[/quote]

At PI u don't need to buy a ticket unless you want to enter theclubs, before you had to pay to get into PI, they told us, they make more money from charging peopleto go into the clubs than what they did on the gates!
[/quote]

Does that mean you can now buy a drink at PI without having a wristband eg there used to be kiosks selling beer outside of the clubs so that you could have a drink and watch the new year celebrations on the big stage.

djdigitald
09-12-2004, 17:35
No, you will get your wristband when you buy a drink from one of the outside vendors. Different band than that which gets you in the clubs!

SunLover
09-12-2004, 18:02
The system did seem a little chaotic and overly complicated when we were there a few weeks back, but I guess the bottom line as far as Disney is concerned is that it makes more $$$'s .

ujpest doza
09-12-2004, 19:55
No, you will get your wristband when you buy a drink from one of the outside vendors. Different band than that which gets you in the clubs!
[/quote]

Eh??

Does that mean each member of your party has to provide proof of age when buying a drink from the outside vendors and is then given a wristband for future drinks and meaning each member of your party has to show the wristband each time you wish to purchase more than 1 alchoholic drink?

Bizarre!

djdigitald
09-12-2004, 20:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ujpest doza
[/quote]

Eh??

Does that mean each member of your party has to provide proof of age when buying a drink from the outside vendors and is then given a wristband for future drinks and meaning each member of your party has to show the wristband each time you wish to purchase more than 1 alchoholic drink?

Bizarre!

[/quote]

In essence yes, they seemed to be very hot on people buying more than one alcoholic beverage irrespective of whether you party was all over the age of 21. If you have a party of 4 and you buy 4 drinks they would need to see the 4 bands(Most people wear T-Shirts anyways so they are easily recognisable!!)

Nostromo
09-12-2004, 21:23
[/quote]

At this rate, visitors to PI will soon be full of wristbands upto their ears! Kinda spoils the fun, I think.

tinkerbell
29-12-2004, 13:02
Does this mean the end of club hopping too? or can you still do that once you have paid one entrance fee? It's one of my fave evenings exploring who's doing what in each place!

Ray&Sarah
29-12-2004, 13:17
You can still club hop, you just need to show your wristband when you go into a different club.[msnsmile2]

SunLover
29-12-2004, 14:57
The best way to think of it is that now each of the clubs has become a ticket office for all the subsequent clubs you may wish to visit... if that makes sense.[msneek]