PDA

View Full Version : My trip-day 5, islands of adventure

Spuddybaby
26-11-2004, 14:24
Ah ha!!
My favourite park!!!
Michael picked us up in his caravan and we set off at about nine o clock.
Myself and mum and dad, had never been to International Drive before, so they said they we would drive past the I-4 after leaving Disney, and to IOA through I-Drive. Unfortunately they took a wrong turn and we ended up gon in the wrong direction. We found our way to a school, not far from clelbration i think, that was a the bottomof a dead end road, so at least it made it easy to turn around.
after a while we found the 535, and took a slow drive up towards Universal on the International Drive.
We noted down all of the restaurants we would like to eat in, including the Bahama Breeze, which someone at work has been telling me to go to for about three years!
Soon we were at universal and parking up. We were parking in the Jaws car-park, which was about a 5 minute walk down to citiwalk, where we stopped in our cafe to have some breakfast.
Then it was into the park, and straight onto the hulk ride! Of the six of us, only mum, dad and myself will go on the rollercoasters, and we did this twice on the trot. This is dads favourite ride, mainly becasue of the start, where you get shot out of the tunnel and then spin and drop!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/spuddybaby/2004112610851_DSCN0845.jpg

And i know i shouldnt laugh at this as to most people it wouldnt be funny, but for some reason i found this really funny. As we entered the queue two young boys were being height checked for the ride. The first boy was literally two inches over the minimum height, but his brother/friend was about an inch too small. His face went from joy and happines, to a solemn look, and then he started to cry in front of everyone. We started to walk past them, and i couldnt help laughing. Not because the poor boy couldnt go on, but just the look on his face as it changed. I know, i am horrible and going to hell, but i couldnt help it.

then it was onto Spiderman a couple of times, seeing as the queue was a meagre 5 minutes, it would be silly not to! I do like this ride, and i am sure that we got wetter this time than when we were there two years ago.We dont bother doing doctor dooms fearfall, as it is boring, just a shoot you up in the air and thats about it.
So we left marvel island and walked straight onto popeyes water ride! Where we got absolutely soaked. Luckily we had all thoght ahead and wore swimming drunks and bikinis underneath our clothers so as soon as we are on board, we stripped down to them, and within ten minutes of coming off, we were dry, well those of us who didnt go on ripsaw falls were dry!
Me, dad, helen and michale went on this and i didnt take my t-shirt off and it got absolutely drenched. not from the main drop, but from the bit where you go under the train. the water hits the side walls, and rebounds back at you and there is no escape! Still all in good fun!

It was then time to go on jurassic park to get even more wet!
then we walked on to the duelling dragons, with a quick go on the flying unicorn, which is the only rollercoaster helen, michale and caron like!
Then me, mum and dad went on its two neighbours, the duelling dragons. This is my favourite queue area for any ride in FLorida. Its so well done, you actually feel like you are walking thorugh a massive castle into its dungeon!
although i wouldnt want to queue for it in the height of summer, its a long walk when there is noone on it, let alone when people are queuing right down tothe entrance!
we had something to eat in the fast food place opposite the duelling dragons, not sure what it is called but it is inside a giant oak tree. I wouldnt recomend it to anyone, as it was way overpriced, about $15 for a burger, chips and a drink!
Avoid that if you can, i think the jurassic park centre is much better price for food.

We made our way back round thru Dr Seuss land where helen made us ride the cat in the hat. this ride is good for children, but none of us had a clue what was going on! Suppose you have to be a fan of the cat in the hat to understand

LesleyB
26-11-2004, 15:22
Keep the reports coming, I'm really enjoying them [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
26-11-2004, 15:27
thanks for this!!!!!!!!!
its sounding soooooooooooooogreat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 days for us........ and we'll be doing all of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D

Spuddybaby
26-11-2004, 15:36
oh its not fair!!!!
any chance we can swap places liesa?

I'll happily go back if you want to stay here![laugh]

LiesaAnna
26-11-2004, 15:41
no no no no no no and more no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
i'll tell you all about it when we get back![msnwink]

Spuddybaby
26-11-2004, 16:26
ok, it was worth a try!

E. Cosgrove
26-11-2004, 22:41
great report for IOA, only one small issue....I loooove Dr Doom's fearfall:D

blott
26-11-2004, 22:55
Great reports, keep 'em coming! :)

Just wanted to know... how did you have room for 'swimming drunks' under your clothes? :D:D;) Sorry, but it made me laugh! :)

Spuddybaby
26-11-2004, 23:40
yes i know there a few spelling mistakes, but i get so excited when i talk about it i type too fast so as i dont forget anything and i never check my spelling!
just read this out to helen and we laughed at how bad my spelling is!
and this is by a 26 year old who works in a presentation department!

Madabouttigger
27-11-2004, 13:12
Still it made us laugh, thanks for the report - look forward to magic kingdom tomorrow