PDA

View Full Version : Others' Avatars

Nostromo
26-11-2004, 11:14
It looks like there are some other members who made the same error as I did with their Avatars - put it up through their C: Drive meaning that only they (and not the rest of us) can see it. I only found out when I logged on to OV Forums at my work computer and then Jolliffee hepled me to sort out the problem. But some others may not realise this at all if they are using only their home PCs.

If the admins agree, would it be helpful if we gave out the usenames of those members whose Avatars we cannot see? They can then rectify the situation.

Ray&Sarah
26-11-2004, 12:01
Thats a much clearer picture than the last on Nostromo, I have no problem making it out.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
26-11-2004, 12:04
i thought that but still not sure what it is!, is it a spaceship? then i think it looks like a robot, maybe its a transformer[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-11-2004, 12:53
Sounds ok to me.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo

If the admins agree, would it be helpful if we gave out the usenames of those members whose Avatars we cannot see? They can then rectify the situation.
[/quote]

Nostromo
26-11-2004, 13:19
OK, I cannot see the Avatars of the following members:

Harry & Jayne
Chunkichik
Melfrank
Chloe
Finishrich
Jtjani
Plittle (new mwmber)
Kagsi (new member)

tezz7628
26-11-2004, 14:15
if you right click the avatar space and select properties some members are clearly trying for an avatar others are not at this time [msnwink]

there seems to be various problems

site were picture is taken from changes address so it disappears

downloading using home page instead of picture address

leaving the http that is already there in the avatar address

sometimes doubling up what is there

using the address of page were avatar is instead of avatar address

Nostromo
26-11-2004, 15:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
if you right click the avatar space and select properties some members are clearly trying for an avatar others are not at this time [msnwink]
[/quote]

No, no. These are members who probably think that they have an Avatar, but only they can see it. According to John and Dave, it is because the avatar is on their C-drive. The rest of us can only see a blank square with a tiny red 'x' in one corner.

Those people who do not want or have an avatar at all, like Tyson, daxon (and me for a long time), there is nothing below their username apart from their star rating and number of posts.

tezz7628
26-11-2004, 15:14
when i first joined i didnt have an avatar, and the space seems to go through various transformations

nothing there

a space for an avatar

a red x

and so on

this is the first time i've come across this c drive phenomenon [msnsmile2]

dimension3
26-11-2004, 16:14
Nostromo:
I assume that your Avatar is the Nostromo (from Alien?)

Nostromo
26-11-2004, 19:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dimension3
Nostromo:
I assume that your Avatar is the Nostromo (from Alien?)
[/quote]

Yes. But The reason I like the name 'Nostromo' is because of the enigmatic character of Joseph Cornrad's book.