PDA

View Full Version : Just booked to go back to Florida next week.

dykwim
25-11-2004, 21:39
Hello all,

Having only been a few months ago, I got fed up in rainy old England so have booked to go back for 7 days starting next week.

As I only have 7 days and not a forghtnight like usual, I wondered if anyone who's been recently could help me out regarding park tickets.

I want 1 day for Univeral Studios and Islands of Adventure (1 day, 2 parks). Officially, you can only buy 2 days, 2 parks tickets but i just want the 1 day to do both as I know my way around and could easily do it in one day. A friend of mine told me that they went last month and Universal had a 2 days for the price of one deal - would this still be available now and would it give me what I want?

Next up, Disney. I want a park hopper, but only for 2 days, this means I can do 2 parks in a day again ie. Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom one day and MGM & Epcot another day. Again, this isn't available officially so.... a bit more risky this.... I've noticed people selling tickets in flea markets etc that have been bought off other people, for instance someone buys a 5 day hopper, doesn't use 2 of the days on it so sells it to the ticket buyer/seller - can these people be trusted? I don't want to buy a ticket from them to have it not work when I get to Disney so I have to pay again on the gate!

That gives me the rest of the holiday to trip about doing other things. As I say, I know my way around so it wont be as hectic as it sounds.

Also, have any new rides opened since I came back this September? Is the new one in Magic Kingdom open yet? I forget what it's called? Stitch or something. Thanks.

christhear
25-11-2004, 22:53
Why not buy the standard Disney 4, 5, 6, or 7 day hopper. The unused days never run out and its sounds as though you like Florida that much that you will probably be back again some time. The stitch ride has now opened in Magic Kingdom. Also Mickeys special Christmas Evenings start around now so you will have to be careful which days you choose to go to the Magic Kingdom as it closes at 6 on these days so you would struggle to do 2 parks in one day.

jtijani
25-11-2004, 22:59
I think its probably better to buy the four or five park. As it doesnt expire EVER, it will be a great excuse to go again. At least that was our excuse. LOL

Snapper
26-11-2004, 04:08
Hiya,

I know this is all going to sound like doom and gloom but I think you might be being a bit aggressive with your tickets wishes. The usual (emphasis on usual) way the parks work is that the more you buy the more flexibility you get. Conversely, the less you buy, the more restrictive the tickets are.

Specifically for your questions. As far as I know (but could be wrong) Universal don't usually do a 1 day 2 park ticket. The closest they usually get is a 2 park 2 day and they often have an offer where they throw in a third day free, subject to certain terms and conditions. Out of season they might have a 2 park single day ticket offer but you might struggle to find out from any official sources if this is the case until you are actually at the ticket office.

Disney wise, you are right that a 2 day hopper doesn't exist. I think the smallest is 4 days. Whether you can buy a hopper from someone else with a couple of days left on it depends on whether Disney have implemented the biometrics yet. The terms and conditions for all Disney tickets specifically prevent them being transferred between people. I have an annual ticket and each time I go to one of the theme parks I have a hand-print scan on the way in to make sure it's me using the pass and not someone else. I don't know if Disney have yet implemented this system for hopper tickets but their plan was to bring in the scans for all multi-day tickets eventually - which will kind of kill the market in unused ticket days. A lot of things exist behind the scenes, especially for the bigger hopper tickets and it's not unheard of for you to be asked for ID on the way into the park to check that it's your ticket. It's just Disney tightening up on the rules.

Now that said, there's always a chance that you can buy a resale ticket, have no hassle at the gate and walk straight in. The flip side is that Disney might refuse you entry and confiscate the ticket if any ID check doesn't match. You might have a great time, you might have a nightmare. It's going to be your call really.

So to finish on a less sombre note, if you've been to Disney or Universal before, why not give a couple of the other parks a twirl. Busch Gardens is excellent. Sea World is, in my opinion, the best theme park in Orlando. Kennedy Space Center is a great day out. Cypress Gardens is re-opening in a couple of weeks time. Gatorland is a good half day. If you're into thrill rides head up to Kissimmee Old Town for the Sky Flyer or Spring Twangy Thing or go airboating at Boggy Creek Airboats.

Have a great one ...

Fletch
26-11-2004, 17:35
Have a great time whatever you decide to do. Looking forward to the trip report.

dykwim
26-11-2004, 21:09
Thanks for the advice guys. I think what we'll do is get the Universal 2 Day 2 Pack Ticket and the Disney 7 Day hopper - That way We'll use 2 days in Universal instead of the 1 I had planned and 2 Days in Disney leaving us with 5 days spare on each disney ticket for when we go back next year :)

steveharrison: Good ideas about trying the other parks but we've done them all to death to be honest so as we only have a week we've specifically picked our Universal and Disney. Might make it to Gatorland for half a day too.

Looking forward to some nice meals too, we're planning to hit the restaurants hard this time and try all the various eating places we've not been to before. I'm not into the "all you can eat" stuff, I like a proper sit down meal with decent service.

Can't wait now. Must stop thinking about it for a few days!

Cruella DeVilla
01-12-2004, 22:48
Nice one! We arrived back this morning and are flying out again on the 12th for 3 weeks, got to be done. Left 81 degrees to come back to rain and cold! Hope you get what you want ticket wise![8D]

SunLover
02-12-2004, 04:00
Hope you have a great trip :)

dykwim
11-12-2004, 04:48
Hiya,

Just got back a few hours ago. Had a great time, will post a full report tomorrow if I get the chance.

Time to sleep now, been up over 24 hours. Should have some good dreams as there's some good memories in there, knowing my luck though, I'll have a nightmare about the annoying kid I had to put up with on the plane for 8 hours! [msnsmile2]

SunLover
11-12-2004, 09:35
Ahhh kids in confined spaces... such a joy [xx(]