PDA

View Full Version : b1 visa info

gray
24-11-2004, 22:46
hi,

does anyone know what documents they want from you when you visit the US embassy for your visa, on the forms they send you it says mortgage statments and bank statements, and also letters from employers, how strict are they with all this, as we dont want our employers to know just yet.

Also does anyone know if there is any where else to get the visa photos done apart from London, as we live in Leeds area.

thanks

Grahame.

Frosty
25-11-2004, 00:15
Hi Grahame,

We have just gone through this, read my B1 visa experiance a little lower down.

You dont say which visa you are after, if you let me know i might be able to help.

In leeds city centre there is a snappy snaps on the headrow, http://www.snappysnaps-leeds.co.uk

Thats where we got ours done, they knew exactly what we were talking about and even had the Embassy guidlines latest instructions, cost £11.99 each (Minimum 2 picture each)

Regards,

Fellow Leeds dwellers

Frosty
25-11-2004, 00:23
Hi grahame,

Sorry mate, just read the title, "B1 visa info" doh......

The woman in the embassy said we should show proof of ties to the UK such as mortgage statement and bank accounts and employment letters etc. We explained we were going to buy a business and that we were selling our house and needed the money for the business, this worried her slightly as she asked us what would make us come back, the only answer i could give her was that we were hoping to start a new life and didn't want to jeopardise this through over staying a visa limit and getting stopped from ever going back.

With regards to your work, just tell them you need a "to whom it may concern" letter, detailing where you work and what you earn and your position there, for a new mortgage application or bank account application. You don't need to let on what its really for:D.
Feel free to DM me if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Neil & Kay

wiljohn
25-11-2004, 02:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by gray
hi,

Also does anyone know if there is any where else to get the visa photos done apart from London, as we live in Leeds area.

thanks

Grahame.
[/quote]
I'm off to london next week, and getting photos from Passportphoto UK, 449 oxford street,nestled in between "phones for you", and "MacKensies Jewellers",Just a red doorway and up to the 2nd floor, just round corner from the embassy,they sent me an email telling me it takes 5 mins and cost's £5.95 for 2 US style photo's.

went to this this place, in and out in less than 5 mins,all the pictures on the wall of loads of famous faces that have passed through this way.

gray
02-12-2004, 19:01
Thank you both for your replys wiljohn and Frosty.
They were a great help.
The only problem i now have is that i asked my work for a to whom it may concern letter and they asked for the person to fax them before reply!
Would wage slip up to date do or do you need the letter?

Regards
Grahame