PDA

View Full Version : Seat belts

jxlvr
24-11-2004, 08:03
Is there a way to email or write to Universal. I dont like their seat belts. I dont like that you can just move your hand or arm and it will unlatch. Its like a airline seatbelt. It just flips up. I want a seat belt that you ened to press a button for. The reason I ask this is because two times while at Univeral Islands of adventure we had seat belt trouble. On Hulk my freinds seat belt undid and thank god the overhead thing locked but what if it didnt?? My husband is overweight and has a hard time locking that overhead bar. What if it failed and someone fell out??
Also on The Doctor doom ride my husband actually was buckled and moved his arm and the seat belt came undone ' just like that' . I dont think it is safe. I wish Universal would rethink seat belts and have them be the push button kind.

LiesaAnna
24-11-2004, 12:27
thanks for the advance warning!!!we going there in the next 2 weeks!!

Nostromo
24-11-2004, 14:47
I was under the impression that all ride restraints auto-locked as soon as the ride started or attained a certain speed. This is certainly true for the bars that move down; you cannot lift them back up until the car comes to a stop at the designated place at the end of the ride.

jolliffee
24-11-2004, 15:37
As a rideaholic, we have nevr had a belt come undone or a restrain fail. Good tip though; making sure you don't catch the belt buckle and undo it. I would think they need a passive mechnical lock like an airline to facilitate the quick movement of people in and out of the ride, also the wear rate on a car type (push button ) buckle may prove too high or even more prone to failure. The overhead restraint really do the job though, not sure the belts do much more than stop you sliding forward as the ride slows.

Might be worth dropping their Safety people an e-mail or letter, all the same.