PDA

View Full Version : Golf

orlandobabe
14-02-2002, 15:13
Sooner or later some guest is going to ask where the nearest golf course is and how much it costs to play and I don't have a clue!

So if any keen golfer could supply some info I'd be very grateful!

We're on Lindfields by the way.

Orlandobabe

Ruth
23-02-2002, 02:37
Highlands Reserve is not far from the 192 (it is on US27). It has its own web site www.highlandsreserve.com where you can check prices and book tee times on-line.

www.golfvillasflorida.com

fiona
23-02-2002, 03:18
Orange Lakes is even nearer. Southern Dunes is also good and has a v good clubhouse - something Highlands Reserve could do with. Chris likes Diamond Ridge, but very much enjoyed playing at one off the 545 (which would be near Lindfields) which I think was designed by Jack Niclaus. I got totally lost trying to find my way to it to pick him up and almost ended up in Occee - no don't even ask, my youngest was navigating! I as a fraction of an inch away on the map, with none of the smaller roads shown on the map, however (more by luck than judgement) after half an hour of driving round I found my way back there. We had a sandwich at the club and it looks a fabulous course. If he headn't been playing with someone who plays off 8 I might have asked if I could play - still hacking and yet to get a handicap!

Fiona

Ann
26-02-2002, 00:36
Hi Mystic dunes golf course is located off 192 near splendid china and is part of the palms golf and country club this is a fairly new course and they had excellent rates in october my husband and his friend [who is a pro]thought this course had championship potential

ann duncan

Ann
26-02-2002, 00:41
HI again just thought of something else falcon fire is also quite a good couse just opposite the old town
most courses do twilight times where they give a cheaper rate if you play later in the day so its worth asking
some also give a residents rate for home owners

ann duncan