PDA

View Full Version : What pets have we all got & their names

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 14:21
I have a Cocker Spaniel - Poppy

ClareC
23-11-2004, 14:32
We've got a beautiful Golden Retriever called Scuba. We had him as a 1 yr old so he was already named. It was only when we took him out we realised where he got his name from. As soon as he sees water he's straight in no matter how smelly or dirty !

fiona
23-11-2004, 14:45
Nostromo, into the corner[msnmad]!

We have 2 old english sheepdogs, Lottie (7) and Millie (3) and the ruler of the pack, a little black cat called Max who is 13. He and Lottie hate each other, and he and Millie just adore each other, although he is not above biffing her about the face when the grooms him rather too enthusiastically.

Max
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/floridadreamvilla.co.uk/20041123114114_scan0008.jpg

Lottie
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/floridadreamvilla.co.uk/20041123114132_scan0009.jpg

Millie
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/floridadreamvilla.co.uk/20041123114146_scan0010.jpg

jolliffee
23-11-2004, 14:46
We have 4 Siamese cats: George, Ralph, Loren and Lilly[msnsmile2]

Ralph:-
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jolliffee/2004112314748_Ralphbig.jpg

Calamity Jane
23-11-2004, 15:06
Two cockers called Jodie & Chelsea ( should have named them Crazy Horse & The Lunatic),love em to bits but they drive me nuts.!!!:D:D

Nostromo
23-11-2004, 15:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fiona
Nostromo, into the corner[msnmad]!
[/quote]

For goodness' sake, it was only meant to be a joke! OK, I've deleted the post since you seem so touchy about it.

markjones
23-11-2004, 15:38
A great 3 Yr old Dalmatian called Lucky !!

Mark

agod
23-11-2004, 15:39
We had 3 cats, Inki, Pinki, and Dinki, as you can guess, pinki was white with pink ears, and dinki was a tiny tabby, and Inki a black cat, unfortuneately both Pinks, and Dinks, succombed to tunours in there mouth, and we had to have them put down, within one month of each other, I am devestated, as they where both rescued by me, and where my little mates, they were a good age of 19 and 18, Inki is Joyes cat, that came with her when ewe married.
After coming back from Florida this year, it really hit me, not having a cat to come home to, straight down the local CPL branch, and we now have a lovely snowy white 2 year old, who was abandoned with her kittens, and her name is Lilli

fiona
23-11-2004, 15:53
Nostromo my answer was a joke too!! I can hardly put you in a corner can I?[msnwink] However, if my husband said that about me he wouldn't live to see another day[}:)].

mollymoo
23-11-2004, 15:54
I have a black and white cat who is 10 years old called Maverick.[msnsmile2]

Kerry-Ann

kaysvacationvilla
23-11-2004, 16:17
We have 2 cockers, Milo (12) Simon (1) We call him King Simon as he tries to rule the house. We have a white shepard, black lab mix. Cassie.

We have 4 cats: Tiger, Lilli, Buffy, Tiger Face.

2 Rabits. Apollo, Midnight.

4 Fish No names though

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/kaysvacationvilla/20041123121638_nov2004006sm.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/kaysvacationvilla/2004112312178_nov2004008sm.jpg

LiesaAnna
23-11-2004, 17:45
my dog is a cross whippet/lurcher he is called Arnie, because he's tanned and musculer (after arnold swarchnegger)
and mollie the cat!
i wont ever get another dog because of arnie he is a constant whiner!!!! and drives me mad!!!!!!! virtually screams!!!!! never again!!!

Southsider
23-11-2004, 17:47
We have 2 dogs, a Great Dane Harlequin called Murphy and a Llasso Apso called Teddy.

Tricia

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 18:01
Some lovely pics guys....I'll have to get son or hubby to help me upload Poppys pictures.

Kay....what a menagerie...do you have someone to house sit when you are away?

Karen & Kay...or the cocker appreciation society....don't they always have big sad eyes and with their droopy ears.....awh! And mad as hatters!!!!!! Do yours boing sometimes when giddy, like cartoon lambs?

parrot 2
23-11-2004, 18:24
I have a Lhasa Apso doggy as well called Benji (how original),Amazon Parrot called Buster and a Conure Parrot called Zazoo.....

Cant wait to get to Florida in 4 weeks 3 days

:D:D then going to visit Parrot Jungle in Miami... has anyone been here??????

Kissyme
23-11-2004, 18:28
Got a Westie called Buffy (the vampire slayer) she`s adorable but every time I showere her she goes straight out in the garden finds the foxes poo and rolls in it !!!! Boy does it stink

CarolAnn
23-11-2004, 19:00
Used to have 2 bunnies, Bobby and Bentley, sadly gone:(Then there was Fudge the hamster, sadly gone:(, Oh and Snowy the Guinea Pig, sadly gone:(
Now I just have a hubby.....sadly, still here:D;):D
ONLY JOKING[laugh][laugh][laugh]Love him to bits:D

Chloe
23-11-2004, 19:57
We have Sam, a yellow Lab. 10 years old who is adorable, and very much the light of our lives. Chloe

chrizzy100
23-11-2004, 20:02
We have two fighting fish.....after having to leave my huskies back in England after moving because of their ages......I don't think we'll have any more pets.....

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 20:06
Awh Chrizzy......hushies are adorable, must have been hard.

chrizzy100
23-11-2004, 20:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
[/quote]

It would of been harder to bring them and have one or both die while traveling.....they went to a rest home in the New Forest and live part time with a lady in the village......we don't have updates....I thought it best we made a clean break......

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 20:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

It would of been harder to bring them and have one or both die while traveling.....they went to a rest home in the New Forest and live part time with a lady in the village......we don't have updates....I thought it best we made a clean break......
[/quote]

I totally agree.

chrizzy100
23-11-2004, 20:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally agree.
[/quote]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chrizzy100/20041123161527_24c0.jpg

My son was nearly 3 here.....and he is now nearly 17....huskies age quicker than a lot of other dogs.....and my youngest dog was ill already.....the young pup is a none litter sister to one of the Dogs used on 'Due South'........if anyone remembers that show...her grandfather was a wild Gray wolf by the way....

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 20:22
How gorgeous. Is that their kennel behind your son?

I think I remember Due South....it's in the dark recesseses of my memory bank....the old grey matter aint what it used to be.

chrizzy100
23-11-2004, 20:26
How gorgeous. Is that their kennel behind your son?

I think I remember Due South....it's in the dark recesseses of my memory bank....the old grey matter aint what it used to be.
[/quote]

They had that kennel ....and a large playhouse with a porch that was off the ground...

chrizzy100
23-11-2004, 20:32
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chrizzy100/20041123162932_bendief01.jpg

Here is a picture from the show...a few different dogs were used....my pup nearly did the pics taken in England for the TVTimes.......but she had been ill at the time so one of the other dogs from her litter was used.......

Michele L
23-11-2004, 20:42
A cat called Charli (female) who is the biggest b***** going. All this week I have been woken up by the sound of her "growling". Turn on the light (in the middle of the night) and there is a half eaten mouse/or a live one.

She is so aloof it is unbelievable! However, she is loyal to me and pretends she is a dog - follows me everywhere.

She is also nicknamed "Bucket" as in Charli (e) Bucket from Charlie and the chocolate factory. Don't ask me why it just came out one day and it has now stuck, in fact all the neighbours call her bucket!

Michele

LiesaAnna
23-11-2004, 20:46
chrizzy, thanks for sharing this with us!! lovely dogs, i had a german shepherd Jukie, many years ago along with another old mongrel Buster, they were horrors, i came into my kitchen one morning (i was 5 days overdue with baby number 5) and found 8 lots of dogs mess all over my floor, and endless puddles of pee!!!!!! i ended up giving the german shepherd to alsation rescue in climping in arundel, they home them with families on a waiting list after being vetted!! and i think people pay fees for this, he went to a good home and am sure he wouldve had a great life, he had a fantastic personality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i to chose not to hear reports, but to make a clean break!!!
never again, how i regretted that...............hormones!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was 21 years ago, and Buster lived till he was 14 and a half, i had to have him put to sleep 7 years ago, 27th dec, on xmas eve he couldnt walk, just laid and weed, couldnt get up, it was so sad, he paced the floor all day xmas day and boxing day, then we spoke to the vet again, and they said they thought it was time for him to go........ absolutely broke my heart!!!

Cowboy
24-11-2004, 00:01
We have always had border collies since we have been married.
We now have Tess, another border collie. She is scared stiff of fireworks, thunder and any large bangs but is a great working dog, very faithful and adores the grandchildren.
Mike and Kath

Rhosyn
24-11-2004, 00:10
One cat called scrunch she is a lady of leisure, one rabbit Opy who has the run of the garden 24/7 protected by our cat and the two next door who all share the same hutch in the night, rabbit and cat come in together in the morning for food, and usually stay until tea time before going back out. Oh I forgot, One husband who is house trained and is well behaved who is called Phil.:D:D

bluebirds
24-11-2004, 00:27
We have three cats. Pebbles who is black and white she is 11 years old.She has degenerative liver complaint so we don't know how much longer she has. She is not in pain tho. Bruno is brown fat tabby who is 10 and is completely mad. He likes to sleep on my head at night if he has his own way. And lastly there is Woody (after toy story)he arrived as a stray when he was 10 weeks old. He climbed up Petes leg in the drive cried pitifully and has never left. That was just under 3 years ago. I think he walked up and down the road and worked out who the suckers were. He looks exactly like puss in boots in Shrek 2.[:o)]

Sally D
24-11-2004, 00:47
We have had all kinds over the years but at the moment there is-
Bosun- 3 year old golden lab who we love too bits
cookie- dutch rabbit
lulu and biscuit- hamsters
and a goldfish.

Ruth
24-11-2004, 04:04
Our numbers are very much down on our BC (before children) days :( We now have 2 mini wire daxis Humphrey and William (we used to have 5 dogs), 6 cats Stanley, Teddy, Mabel, Donald, Freddie and Lewie (we had 11 at one time[:I]) and 4 tortoises Mickey, Minnie, Lilo and Stitch :D We also have a tank of marine fish and a tank of tropical fish:)

chrizzy100
24-11-2004, 04:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
Our numbers are very much down on our BC (before children) days :( We now have 2 mini wire daxis Humphrey and William (we used to have 5 dogs), 6 cats Stanley, Teddy, Mabel, Donald, Freddie and Lewie (we had 11 at one time[:I]) and 4 tortoises Mickey, Minnie, Lilo and Stitch :D We also have a tank of marine fish and a tank of tropical fish:)
[/quote]

you have marine fish......do you find them easy to keep.....well have left a space in the villa for a tank....for when we move down......

janice
24-11-2004, 04:16
Chrizzy100, my son soooo wants a siberian husky and is allergic to dogs poor lad. He has loved this breed for a long time, do you find them a loyal pet? He has just bought himself an old style Mini, not the same but it will keep him just as occupied fixing it up, bless him. Great pictures, I will show him tomorrow[clap]

kaysvacationvilla
24-11-2004, 05:00
Ruth.....Good thing you get a discount on your veterinary care.[msnwink]

chrizzy100
24-11-2004, 05:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by janice
Chrizzy100, my son soooo wants a siberian husky and is allergic to dogs poor lad. He has loved this breed for a long time, do you find them a loyal pet? He has just bought himself an old style Mini, not the same but it will keep him just as occupied fixing it up, bless him. Great pictures, I will show him tomorrow[clap]
[/quote]

My husband is allergic to dogs...but has no trouble with huskies because they have no guard hairs......you could take him to a kennel to find out...most husky breeders are very nice....if he is ok he could at some date rescue one....[msnsmile2]

chunkichik
24-11-2004, 08:11
We have six cats [msnoo] yes six!!!!

Tabitha(13) who rules the roost and has got to be the laziest animal ever, my other half calls her lardy a**e, then Lucy, Maple, Chivers, Mickey and bilbo baggins.

Mickey did have a sister Minnie until she was killed outside our house a few weeks ago, it broke my heart and the hardest thing was trying to be strong for my children, I just wanted to bawl like a baby, I sympathise with all owners who have ever lost a pet, we just don't realise how much they take over our lives do we?

Joolz
24-11-2004, 13:03
We have a westie.... ( I really wanted a mini english bull terrier - but compromised!![msnwink]) However we love Oscar just as much... Our son grew up thinking the breed was called West highland white terrors (as opposed to terriers) - he did get upto mischief as a pup- eating a variety of stuff including pencils- chair legs! an LP, tinsel (for which he had an op at 6 months old in order to remove it!!!!)

shenon
24-11-2004, 15:25
this is our dog a weimaraner indie:)

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/shenon/20041124112514_picindie.JPG

janice
24-11-2004, 16:00
Ooh Shenon, we used to have a Weimaraner about 18 years ago, but when my son was born we sent him to live on a farm in Wooler, 3 kids, couldn't cope, hubby worked away. As it turned out it was a good move as my son, as I said earlier, is allergic to dogs and is asthmatic, so keeping the dog could have been deadly for him. They are such handsome dogs aren't they? But absolutely crackers[msntongue]. We named ours Baron, because he looked so noble.
Jan.

agod
24-11-2004, 16:01
Here's Lilli

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/agod/2004112412058_50_100lilli.jpg

24-11-2004, 18:01
Mini Lop Bunny called "Starsky in Hutch" and a ginger tom cat called Jerry Lee Lewis!!

Ruth
24-11-2004, 18:08
They are actually quite difficult to keep Chrizzy although when I see tanks in the US they always look good. I suspect that setups and fish are cheaper to buy in the US. Ours cost us a lot of money[:I]It has every gadget and gismo attached to it but you still have to monitor it closely. Great to watch though.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ruth/2004112414728_EquiPetfishtank.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ruth/200411241488_EquiPetreception.jpg<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100

you have marine fish......do you find them easy to keep.....well have left a space in the villa for a tank....for when we move down......

Ruth
24-11-2004, 18:10
You are right, it is very handy :D

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
Ruth.....Good thing you get a discount on your veterinary care.[msnwink]
[/quote]

chrizzy100
24-11-2004, 18:50
Great pictures Ruth.....they are very cheap here.....I remember paying nearly 4 pounds for a small tropical fish last time I had tanks in England years ago....here they are around 98 cents....

We keep fighting fish in just bowls...in England we would use heaters etc.....
I really think I will give it a go.......I'm trying to find a place to have a tank made.....more than buy one at a pet shop....and then take my time setting it up.....

chris c
24-11-2004, 19:02
We have two dogs. They are cross Yorkie/Cairn Terriers and their names are Winston and Churchill.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/2004112415153_tnwinandchurch.jpg

Joolz
25-11-2004, 04:30
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Joolz/2004112502932_oscardogsmall.jpg

This is Oscar (after many attempts to post pic .. I have achieved it!!

kaysvacationvilla
25-11-2004, 05:52
Chrizzy...We have a 110 gal tank with only 3 or small fish. I can't wait till we get that huge tank out of the toy room. Let me know if you are ever interested.

Beverley
27-11-2004, 02:09
We have two cocker spaniels, Saffy & Amber, and a cat, Molly.

chrizzy100
27-11-2004, 02:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
Chrizzy...We have a 110 gal tank with only 3 or small fish. I can't wait till we get that huge tank out of the toy room. Let me know if you are ever interested.
[/quote]

Hubby is looking for a tank all glass with a glass metal stand to match the TV.....if I were having a tank in Mass...I would of been interested......thanks for thinking of me....:D

jingleton
28-11-2004, 16:19
we have a jack russell called Rosie she is 13 and has been poorly. We are just praying she makes the 14 hours in the crate when we move in a couple of weeks.

Janet

amy
02-12-2004, 15:26
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/amy/2004122112355_DSCF0060.JPG

We have two dogs,Sasha the one in the foreground is 13 years and Pepper the one sat at the rear is 11 years, but still acts like a puppy.[msnsmile]

big momma
15-12-2004, 01:37
We have an old german shep. cross- Sally, a young lurcher- Sandy, a tabby cat- Benji, 2 ferrets- Bungle and Zippy, a cockateil- Rosie, a gerbil and a hamster - my daughter changes their names regularly so not sure of their names at the mo! and about 6 pond fish.

poohbear
15-12-2004, 17:07
i have a springer spaniel GERI (geri springer) and a cat tom
so therefore i have tom and geri[msnsmile2]

MAKRIDA
16-12-2004, 00:21
1 gorgeous , placid, loving , big fat white boy cat called jack, 1 pretty psycho bitch cat called jasmine, both acquired here in the US as kittens. Our old cat ( sophie ) who we brought with us from the UK at the age of 11, died peacefully in May aged 17.

Frosty
16-12-2004, 01:55
This is Xena our 2nd Doberman, the first we had for 12 years, then we got her.
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Frosty/20041215215247_Lowres8w.jpg
So cute at 8 weeks

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Frosty/20041215215310_Lowres4-5y.jpg
4.5 years on.

orlandobabe
31-12-2004, 23:28
I have a seal point persian cat called Harry and a red point persian cat called Annabelle and a lot of fluff on my carpet which I can't hoover up at the moment as my little grandson is terrified of Mr Hoover!.

ctgirlscout
01-01-2005, 03:20
We have two rabbits, named Sabrina (for the witch) and Marshmallow, a Siamese cat named Snickers, because his colors are the same as a Snickers bar, a Persian called Dusty, because when he was a kitten he looked like a dustbunny that you would sweep out from under the bed, and then there's our puppy, Shannon. She is a Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie), although she thinks she's a cat, much to my husband's dismay.

Mags
03-01-2005, 23:58
We have two Ragdoll cats, both of them beautiful, Bailey is the female and is a Seal Colourpoint and Jack Daniels the male, he is a Seal Bicolour. They are like puppies and follow you wherever you go in the house. We absoloutely love them to bits.

ringwood1
11-01-2005, 23:51
I think we have a small zoo! We have a 6 month old puppy German Shepherd callled Max who is gorgeous and we take to dog training classes. We have a German Shepherd cross called Benson who is now 13. Two cats called Cosmo and Kizmet. Two rabbits called Fluffy and Furry (my 6 year old daughter's) and two goldfish. Going on holiday is a problem for our parents. The dogs go to my mother-in-law's, who also comes round every day to feed the cats and fish. The rabbits are off to my Mum's. I think they all dread it when I tell them we are going away.

LiesaAnna
12-01-2005, 00:02
do you want another dog!!! mine is driving everyone nuts with his crazy whinning!!!!!!! hes a cross staffi/whippet lurcher, and when we went on holiday he was virtually screaming!!! i could hear him down the phone when we spoke to my daughter, he was worse when we wernt here but everyday he makes this awful row! we wont be getting any more dogs!!!!
anyone elses play up like this??

ORLANDO_MAGIC
12-01-2005, 02:07
There are lovely looking animals included in this post and its easy to see why we Brits are known as a nation of animal lovers.

Just the one dog in this house and though hes small he sure aint quiet

[chatter]

Let me introduce Lucky to you,hes the one hogging the limelight

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/200511122723_LUCKY.jpg

sheenallan
12-01-2005, 16:18
Hi All,
We have five cats Big Max gray and white and leader of the pack but really a great big softy ,Chilli black and white female very loving ,Chloe torty female nickname 5 belly's,Simba ginger tom and very skitty and the last is Jackson black male trying to take over a leader of the pack but is the youngest.

UK Jane
15-01-2005, 10:51
Hi All

Our first pet was a golden retriever cross with a yellow lab and his name was Simon. We had him just 3 weeks before we got married, not best timing but as he was a result of two farm dogs getting together the farmer just wanted rid. However, whilst we were on our honeymoon, Simon was entrusted into the care of a family friend who used to train guide dogs. Perfect, we came home from our honeymoon to one fully house trained puppy without any of the mess. His one majoy indiscretion that I can recall was that he managed to eat a set of honeymoon pictures that arrived back by post and SImon got to them before we did.

Several years later, whilst we still had Simon, I wanted another puppy. So we then had Oscar a pure bred retriever. Sadly for Oscar, and us, he was diagnosed during his first year with Epilepsy. Our vet, had it pretty well controlled for several years but sadly at the age of 5, Oscar had to be put down.

Simon, lived to be 12.

We then had many years without a dog. Until 7 years ago, those old feelings of "Oh wouldn't it be lovely ........" And Monty a Golden retirever came into our lives. As scatty adn puppyish today as hew as 7 years ago. Still wouldn't be without him though.

Jane

kitty
15-01-2005, 12:50
We have a dog called tysonand when we were packing our cases in the lounge he kept coming and taking things out again,i think he knew it was time for the kennels,and after we picked him up he was really weird he kept howling in the car,a bit embarrassing when we had to stop .[msnembarrased]

KevinT
15-01-2005, 15:50
This is HOLLY our six year old "beardie cross" who was rescued by the RSPCA form an uncaring owner who kept her chained up outside in all weathers. She's put on quite a bit of weight in the past couple of years as she gets spoiled rotten here.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/kevint/2005115115031_holly2.jpg