PDA

View Full Version : My trip-day 2, Disney MGM Studios

Spuddybaby
23-11-2004, 13:42
What a fantastic start this day was!
We woke up to fantastic weather on the friday morning and went for breakfast in our canteen in the Allstar Movies, where we were staying.
We were supposed to go to the Virgin Welcome Meeting at 9am, but this time it was being held somewhere at Downtown disney, instead of in our canteen when we were there two years ago.
Luckily for us, helens brother and his wife were flying out for a three week holiday tomorrow, and they had hired a people carrier, so we did not have to worry about transport to any parks. Even though disney was complimentary thanks to the transport system, they were still going to drive. This also meant we didnt need to go to the welcome meeting to book our coaches to universal/sea world/discovery cove on the days we wanted to go. The only reason we would have gone to the meeting was that they were going to give us a voucher for a free meal at the Hard rock cafe, but we thought that at most it would only be $20 each and we would rather get to a park early on our first day.
So, after a hearty breakfast, and a few refillable cokes, we were waiting for the MGM bus outside our hotel. We were only waiting for a few minutes when it turned up and we were on our way. Its not a far drive from our hotels, and soon we could see the Hollywood hotel! This is when i finally thought that we had arrived, as MGM studios is my favorite Disney park of the four, mainly becasue i prefer thrill rides to the shows and other stuff.
Of the four of us, my mum and dad will go on any ride, i will go on any ride and helen will only do the rollercoasters that are inside, as she is not a big fan of them. Her resoning is that if she cant see it, she cant get too nervous about all the flips and turns as she doesnt know how many there are!
So, once inside the park, we walked halfway up into the main street area, but the park wasnt officially open yet, so we had to wait five minutes for the countdown.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/spuddybaby/200411239390_mgm1.jpg
Soon all of the Disney fanfares and sickly sweet music began to play and the park was offically open.
I think that most people head straight down to the Rock n Roller coaster and Tower of Terror, as when we got down there the queue for rock n rollercoaster was already 10 minutes. which is not really a long queue so we decided to stick it out. Three times!
I love this ride, purely becasue of the theming, its not got the best coaster track in Orlando, that honur belongs to the Kracken i think, but you cant beat the Dsney theming. Once inside G-Force records, you are immediately cool from the air-con and then its through the studio and into the alley. This rollercoaster has a fantastic start as well, launching you down the tunnel. I made it a bit of a mission to look for the photo cameras on each ride, so that i can make some funny faces (a trick that paid off when we went on test track, but you will have to wait for that!) On the rnr coaster the camera is about half way down the tunnel at the start, and so we all made funny faces everytime we went on!
this is us in the queue!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/spuddybaby/2004112394121_mgm2.jpg
After wearing this ride out, mum, dand and I went onto the tower of Terror. This ride is great, especially with the randomness of each ride now.
After this we went on to do the great movie ride and the my second favorite of the park, Who wants to be a millionnaire-play it!.
Now for those of you who havent done it, it works the same as the game show on TV, but with a few differences. They start off with a faster finger question, but everyone in the audence is eligible to play, as we all have keypads. The fastest finger is the first one down into the chair and the audience gets to play along with each question using their keypads. For every answer an audience member gets correct they gets points, and after every few questions a scoreboards comes up showing the top ten audience members in terms of points scored. when the person in the hotseat gives up or gets a q

julieanne
23-11-2004, 13:54
Great reading Spuddy![8D]
Love the photos too - looking forward to day 3 [msnwink]

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 14:02
Great report....must try millionaire.

Lynnes
23-11-2004, 14:58
Fabulous detailed report - can't wait for the next installment.

blott
23-11-2004, 16:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
Great report....must try millionaire.[/quote]Practice the American version before you go at http://www.coffeebreakarcade.com/games/millionaire/instructions.htm

jolliffee
23-11-2004, 17:27
Really impressed that you made the hot seat. Great report, and looking forward to day 3, I wonder what that will bring.[msnsmile2]

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 17:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
Great report....must try millionaire.[/quote]Practice the American version before you go at http://www.coffeebreakarcade.com/games/millionaire/instructions.htm
[/quote]

thanks Blott:)

LiesaAnna
23-11-2004, 18:24
well done!!!!! [clap][clap][clap]
i knew it was rubber![msnwink]
sounding very good!!!!!!:)

linsan
24-11-2004, 02:35
Great report and well done on Millionaire. I tried it last time we were out but found the questions too American based for my limited knowledge.

bellaepovera
24-11-2004, 12:14
Wow congrats on your winning the seat!! I am impressed..Your report is wonderful and cant wait for the next one!