PDA

View Full Version : Mall at Millenia at Christmas

fiona
23-11-2004, 03:26
The Mall at Millenia
Special Holiday Events
Free Magical Santa Arrival and Departure Events, Candid Santa Photos, Extended Shopping Hours and First-Class Services Will Make Holidays Bright this season.
THE MALL AT MILLENIA offers an unparalleled mix of cutting-edge merchandise and the year’s most coveted gifts. Between November 19th through Christmas Eve, the Center will present signature events within a stunning décor glowing with the festive sights, sounds and delectable scents of the holidays.

Seven new retailers, including the region’s first and only Christian Dior, holdeverything and SONY Style, will be open in time for holiday shopping, joining more than 80 unduplicated retailers at the Center. Popular, national brands that everyone shops, plus merchandise consumers can’t find anywhere else, with price points ranging from moderate to luxury can be found at the mall.
On Friday, November 19th at 6:30-8:30 p.m., the Center unwraps Santa’s Magical Arrival and Tree Lighting, a free event for children of all ages.

The Winter Garden entrance and Orangerie Cafés will be transformed into a child’s holiday wish come true complete with face painters, caricature artists, mimes, stilt walkers and other strolling performers. The Orlando Ballet, Mad Cow Theatre and The Orlando Chorale perform excerpts from their Holiday Triple Treat throughout the evening, and the event culminates with the illumination of the mall’s 42-foot-high tree and the surprise arrival of Santa Claus.
Central Floridians can enjoy a free holiday concert by dynamic songstress Tierney Allen, when the Center’s First Fridays series returns on Friday, December 3rd, from 5-8 p.m.

Parents can entertain the wee ones on Christmas Eve during Santa’s Magical Departure at 4 p.m. Now in its third year, this one-of-a-kind, free musical event for the entire family features costume-clad carolers and an enchanting send-off. The event takes place in Grand Court.

Between November 17th and December 13th, shoppers can make a child’s wish for special gifts come true this holiday season through a partnership between THE MALL AT MILLENIA and The Salvation Army. Guest can “adopt” an angel from a beautifully adorned Angel Tree located in Orangerie Cafés overlooking Grand Court.

From mid-November through late December, THE MALL AT MILLENIA will be festively adorned with sophisticated décor created in collaboration with The Becker Group of Baltimore, Maryland, known throughout the world for its spectacular holiday displays for such American icons as the Sears Tower. The Center’s décor features a garden wonderland theme, punctuated by garlands of variegated ivy, burgundy raspberry branches, red magnolia and beaded lights; whimsical topiary trees in the shape of tuxedo-clad reindeers; colorful, patterned giftboxes; and pine wreaths and sashes resplendent with red ribbon, golden pearl balls and shimmering lights. Holiday music will fill the Center as featured artist Joy Wright, an accomplished pianist and jazz vocalist, and other professional musicians perform on grand pianos provided by Steinway Piano Galleries.

The centerpiece of the décor is a “Santa set” of magnificent proportions. Located in the Center’s dramatic Grand Court, the 30-foot-high by 46-foot-wide “Santa’s Winter Pavilion” includes a photo gazebo where children of all ages can share their wishes and sit for paid portraits with the Center’s natural-bearded Santa every day during mall hours. In addition to the traditional holiday portraits, guests can purchase a variety of unique treatments from Theme Street Pictures, including candid photos and sepia hued black and whites in an assortment of sizes, and new for 2004, a CD-Rom of images taken during the sitting

LiesaAnna
23-11-2004, 11:20
thanks Fiona! this sounds absolutely lovely!!! will try and get there! along with all these other must does!!!;) something tells me not gonna have enough money with me!!!!!!![msnwink]

Jill
23-11-2004, 12:39
Fiona thank you for this information it sounds lovely. Next month we are visiting without our boys and I think this will be a welcome change from Florida Mall. Some (lots) of shopping for me in tastefully decorated surroundings.

patj
23-11-2004, 19:36
Fiona,

Please tell me where it is, I fly out on Thurday and feel some serious shopping coming on!

MaggieAllan
23-11-2004, 20:11
Patj

Try the web site mallatmillenia.com for directions

fiona
24-11-2004, 02:55
I4 past Universal, come off at the Holyland exit (sorry can't remember the number at the mo), turn right off the junction and you cannot miss it! Past some s[bad language filtered out]y garages and looks like some serious building going in round there now.

dolphinv
05-12-2004, 20:41
Do all the shopping centres open 1st January ???

fiona
05-12-2004, 20:47
Yes it is not a public holiday for the US, but Friday December 31 is a federal state hols.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-12-2004, 21:17
We were there this time last week and it looks great. Love the Santa in a loud holiday shirt rather than the traditional red coat. Will definitely be taking the children to see him [msnsmile2]