PDA

View Full Version : flights to florida from dublin ireland

magser
18-11-2002, 03:46
I am looking for flights from dublin to florida.I am going to naples.What is the best way to go.

allyjack
20-11-2002, 01:31
Hi
There are going to be direct flights this year to orlando with American Airlines and Britannia also Budget travel are offering flights to Sanford on Mondays.i still prefer Virgin from Gatwick for flexibility with dates. Do not book direct with Virgin go to a travel agent who can book 11 months out. The inclusive price from Dublin is about the same as the GBP price from UK so in efferct Dublin London leg is free. They will not be able to give you a price yet but will usually transfer to another airline at a later date. Keep in mind baggage allowances on charter flights are low if you intend buying anything. Virgin in Ireland who operate out of Club travel will not give you availability until prices are out and then the dates are very limited. ( Speaking from experience here)

Then drive to Naples or maybe fly to Miami ?? Not sure here.
Alison

fiona
20-11-2002, 02:24
Naples is about 2 hours from Miami or 4 hours from Orlando. You could fly via Heathrow to Miami or via Gatwick to Tampa (again about 2 hours, but BA don't go to Tampa every day, whereas they (and plenty of others) go twice a day to Miami. Therefore you can usually get a good price on a Miami flight. You could have a look at e.bookers.com or flynow.com both of whom usually have good prices. Don't know how far www.opodo.com go in advance, but their prices are usually quite good. however, as Alison says, a travel agent may be your best bet.