PDA

View Full Version : useless piece of info that i wanted to share!

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 15:16
just wanted to share this with you!!!!!!
my best friend has bopught me for a christmas present, 'a ticket for a one off show at the Brighton Centre' my idols as a 15 year old......[msncry]memories :)
<span style=&#39;color:red&#39;>Bay City Rollers (Les Mckeown)</span id=&#39;red&#39;> <span style=&#39;color:blue&#39;>David Cassidy</span id=&#39;blue&#39;>, and <span style=&#39;color:yellow&#39;>David Essex, </span id=&#39;yellow&#39;> oooooohhhhhhhh nearly as good as florida!!![msnwink]

how can i beat that? wont even try!!!
what a mate!!!

Fletch
20-11-2004, 16:14
Liesa, I'm green with envy! David Essex and David Cassidy were my two main idols as a teenager. Have a great time - when's the concert?

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 16:36
not until the 27th i think of june, my friend said she tought easy have the choice of seats!! but when she went they have nearly sold out!! a limited number of seats in 2's left!!!!
she thought we'd have the front row!! we're upstairs to the left, not bad seats tho'
am really looking forward to this..........
not as much of course as florida!!!! but it will help lesson the wait [msnwink]till we can go again!!![clap]

Southsider
20-11-2004, 16:40
I hope it is not a one off show and they decide to do more, I loved David Cassidy and David Essex, not so keen on Bay city Rollers though
[msnsmile2], I will have jet-lag on 27th June!!

Tricia

Lynne S
20-11-2004, 16:41
What a great present Liesa,

Bay City Rollers where one of my fav's to...You'll have a great time [clap][clap][clap]

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 16:44
something else in common!!!! ah how sweet, have put my cd's in the car this week and have been driving along singing Bye bye baby at the top of me voice!!!!!

lovely!!!!!![msnwink]

KJH
20-11-2004, 17:16
You'll just have to keep your eyes closed, ones an ex-junkie,[xx(] ones nearly bald and had a face-lift and a hair transplant.[:O] Last but not least on is wrinkly, going bald and whats left is straggly grey.[|)]

Don't get me wrong,I was in lust with David Cassidy, and I wanted children from david Essex so they could have his eyes, but they have not survived the ravages of time and I would not fancy them now.[msnscared]

Kaz

ps. It's still a lovely present to be given,[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 17:32
thanks for those few kind words Kaz!!!!!

the atmosphere will be fantastic!!!! take it you dont want to come [msnwink][laugh][laugh][laugh]

susangrah
20-11-2004, 19:07
My cousin went to school with one of the Bay City Rollers, i think it was Alan

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 20:49
i was so madly in love with Alan Longmuir when i was teenager!!!!!!!!:)

Cruella DeVilla
20-11-2004, 21:00
Bay City Rollers! I remember standing in the middle of Glasgow in 73/74 when I was around 5 and crying because my Mum would not take me to the Apollo to see them in concert that night, the city centre was awash with tartan! I vividly remember it, she bought me a rosette with a big picture of them on it and I was happy. My grandad worked for the daily express in those days so I got a few piccies to keep me happy the next day![msnsmile]

Hey I had no taste in those days, I liked Showwaddywaddy to!

As Kaz says they are not a picture anymore, one of them killed someone drink driving I am sure????

We had a posh do at work a few years back at Xmas and we hired them in....was a great atmosphere lots of those stupid tartan wigs/hats!

You will have agreat night I am sure. .

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 21:16
Yes CDV unfortunately it was Les Mckeown that killed an old lady (i think), i was a very big fan in those days, and i love to hear anything that just reminds me of being a kid!!when we could leave doors unlocked! didnt hear of peadafiles (altho we know sadly that they were out there) we used to ride our bikes at the weekend for miles, build camps in the woods, camp out in gardens, so much freedom, and yet security!!!!! todays kids, always looking over there shoulders!perves around every corner!!!!!!!and music!!!! NOISE!!!!! more like!!!!
the era of the rollers and such like were the good old days!!!!and i love to remember everything about them,
i dont want to grow up!!!!!!!!!!!:D

rosie
20-11-2004, 21:31
We saw Les McKeowns Bay City Rollers at a one of those Butlins 70's weekends, I hate to say this but they were b****y awful, they were booed off stage. Can't say I was too upset, they weren't my favs even in the 70's. But it was really funny seeing all these women in the loo's crying at their eyes out at how their idols had fallen [msneek]

My sister on the other hand was potty about them, and we have a front page cutting from the News of the World of her shinning up a drainpipe trying to get to their hotel room in London :D

CDV we also saw Showaddywaddy, Susie Quattro, Alvin Stardust and loads of others at Butlins. These weekenders are a riot, I highly recommend them [msnwink]

KJH
20-11-2004, 21:42
Don't forget the one is a peadophile!

Liesa, thats why I said you will have to close your eyes, remember them as they were[8D]

Kaz

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 21:54
dont............
well have met Alvin Stardust!! he came to the kids school christmas concert which was in the church hall, hes lovely! and saw him at Butlins in skegness!, platforms and zimmer frame!lol:D
i wouldnt have bought tickets to go and see them!!!my friend thought i would like it (which i do) for chrissy pres! but David Essex!!! David Cassidy, now if it had been Donny Osmond!!!!is tasteful!! oh how i love thinking of the old days!!!!!!!!!!![msnwink]

rosie
20-11-2004, 22:09
Liesa, arent the Osmonds playing at the concert? I know they are at the wembley concert with the rest of them?

ClareC
20-11-2004, 22:43
I am so excited, I bought some tickets for the Wembley show a couple of days ago. The Osmonds are playing all the shows I think but minus Donny. Never mind David Cassidy was always my favourite anyway.

I still think he looks lovely but then maybe thats my age and my eyes are starting to fail me too. There are tickets for sale on ebay but I've never spent that much on there. I don't know if its too risky or not.

E. Cosgrove
20-11-2004, 23:01
We saw David Dassidy in EFX at MGM Grand Las Vegas in 1998, ye was still quite delicious then as I remember!!!

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 23:04
even tho david essex's hair is receding he is still very yum yum!! my steve is bald! well shaved head, so it comes to them all at some time!!
pulled loads of memories out for you all tho doesnt it???????????[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2004, 00:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
We saw David Dassidy in EFX at MGM Grand Las Vegas in 1998, ye was still quite delicious then as I remember!!!
[/quote]

Liz,
Think he could still be there doing a show with Sheena Easton....remember her!!!

LiesaAnna
21-11-2004, 00:36
yes , my baby works from 9-5!!!!!!!!!will be singing that for the rest of the night now!!! i used to love that!:)

Michele L
21-11-2004, 00:48
Ah erm, I loved Shaking Stevens Green Door!!![msnembarrased]

Michele

LiesaAnna
21-11-2004, 00:56
what have i done?????????
all coming out now!!!!!!!!!!![msnwink]

KJH
21-11-2004, 01:04
Donny Osmond seems to have aged the best. Shame I never fancied him.[msnembarrased]

janny
21-11-2004, 02:30
Talking of golden oldies i have just been to a 60's concert with The Ivy League, Hermans Hermits our local group The Troggs and the infamous P J Proby although his trousers were a little baggier than in the old days !
Reg Presley said it was like standing on the front of the Titanic looking at the ice bergs with all the grey heads in the audience .But it was a really good night sang my heart out to al the songs will our children be doing that in 40 years time I wonder to todays music -I doubt it .

LiesaAnna
21-11-2004, 02:38
i bet that was great!! reminds me of my dear mum (shes not with us now)she used to love PJProby, i used to like Hermans Hermits when a small very small child[msnwink]
its nice remembering all these old names from the past!!! we call them "has beens"[laugh][laugh][laugh]

janny
21-11-2004, 13:04
Leisa there wasn't exactly any rocking in the aisles -the zimmers got in the way [msnwink] but yes it was a very good evening

LiesaAnna
21-11-2004, 13:34
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
can see it now [msnwink]

Fletch
21-11-2004, 16:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
even tho david essex's hair is receding he is still very yum yum!! my steve is bald! well shaved head, so it comes to them all at some time!!
pulled loads of memories out for you all tho doesnt it???????????[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[/quote]

You certainly have taken me back down memory lane. Here's some of my favourite memories of my childhood/teens:

Favourite sweets: spangles, blackjacks, sherbert pips, sherbert fountains, "spanish", Fab 208 (ice lolly)

Favourite toy: "Clackers" - banned from the playground due to several wrist injuries!

Favourite "hangout" - Wimpy Bar

Favourite shop - Biba, Chelsea Girl

Favourite clothes - afghan coat,
smocks, loons

Favourite bands - Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Wings

Favourite TV programmes - Thunderbirds, Stingray, The Virginian, The Big Valley, Land of the Giants, Little House on the Prairie, Lost in Space, Bewitched

Me and my best friend used to sit on our garden wall trying to twitch our noses like Samantha!

PS For any fellow Bewitched fans - brilliant website - http://www.bewitched.net/.

LiesaAnna
21-11-2004, 17:37
oh talk about take me back!!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap]

and how many could we tick off on that list that have been out again!!!!shows you which days were the best!!!!!!![msnwink]

just heard on the radio advertising this show, the osmonds are gonna be there to!!!!!!agghhhhhhhhh

KarenScott
21-11-2004, 19:27
Well, I know I was merely a baby but my fav was Donny Osmond and boy has he aged well[msntongue]. We saw him at Chatsworth House last year for a Summer Evening Open Air concert and he was fab. Mind you when I say "we" I must admit my husband would have rather not been there but he was.[:I]

LiesaAnna
21-11-2004, 19:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Marthas Harbour
Well, I know I was merely a baby but my fav was Donny Osmond and boy has he aged well[msntongue]. We saw him at Chatsworth House last year for a Summer Evening Open Air concert and he was fab. Mind you when I say "we" I must admit my husband would have rather not been there but he was.[:I]
[/quote]

Thats cruel taking your husband!!!!
but Donny is still gorgeaus!!!!!!! he is just as always expected him to be a lovely guy and a gentleman!!!!

julieanne
22-11-2004, 13:01
How have I missed this thread?? Just read it for the first time this morning.
David Cassidy, David Essex were my pin ups!! Liked the Rollers too, saw them in their hey day but I was so upset cos I'd cut my wrist open the week before and had a pot on so couldn't clap along to shang-a-lang :(

Saw David Essex too. Didn't see David Cassidy until 1987 when I saw him in "Time" in London. Then saw him at the MGM Grand in EFX in 1997, and with Sheena Easton at the Rio a couple of years later.
Think Sheena Easton is still in Vegas but David Cassidy isn't doing the show with her now.

Liesa I'm trying to get txts to see the show in Newcastle next June
[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
24-11-2004, 20:12
i got em!![msnwink][clap][clap]
and the osmonds!!!!

orlandobabe
31-12-2004, 23:37
I saw David Essex in Godspell in London-way back in about 1971-he was fantastic then.

Herman's Hermits were on at Epcot last summer for the flower festival.

This year I got to see Eric Burdon and his animals-and he didn't even sing 'House of the Rising Sun'

We wuz robbed-and we waited in the rain to see him!

LiesaAnna
31-12-2004, 23:53
you poor sad thing![msnwink]

eagleydo
01-01-2005, 14:47
We had Alvin Stardust performing at our Local theatre just before Christmas. He had them dancing in the aisles and it was a great night, earlier in the year we had The Animals on tour, another full house. Reminds me sometimes why I like working in the Theatre.