PDA

View Full Version : Can people see my Avatar?

Nostromo
19-11-2004, 23:32
It was unbelivably hard to find a suitable pic of the Starfreighter Nostromo, but I did this afternoon. I thought it was high time I got an Avatar after 2200 postings but to my consternation, I could not see it on my work PC. But I can see it now at home. Is this something to do with those dreaded 'cookies'? If so, I wonder how many of you can see it?

LiesaAnna
19-11-2004, 23:34
no sorry cant see it:(

Lisa C
19-11-2004, 23:35
No I can't see it

Nostromo
19-11-2004, 23:38
But I can! In fact, I cannot see YOURS Lisa C, but can see Leisa's. Can someone tell me what to do? (I reduced the image to 100 x 75 pixels as per John's instructions in the Admin forum.)

LiesaAnna
19-11-2004, 23:40
sorry i dont have the foggiest,

MaggieAllan
19-11-2004, 23:47
Nostromo I can't see it...sorry...but the anticipation is building...it always does when everyone is struggling...can't wait until someone logs on who can help and we can see yours.[8D]

Nostromo
19-11-2004, 23:49
I have just spoken to Uncle John and he has kindly agreed to sort it out for me.:)

MaggieAllan
19-11-2004, 23:54
three cheers for Uncle John .

[clap][clap][clap]

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 00:03
hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
20-11-2004, 00:12
It should be there now Nostromo - looking good [msnsmile2]

Nostromo
20-11-2004, 00:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MaggieAllan
three cheers for Uncle John .

[clap][clap][clap]
[/quote]

Let's make it four! Where would we be without Uncle John? All together now "For he's a Jolly Good Fellow.......[clap][clap][clap][clap][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer][drinkbeer]

Cruella DeVilla
20-11-2004, 00:34
I can see it Nostromo but cannot decypher what it actually is, it is very black, put me out of my misery and tell me who or what it is? Looks like Outer space:D

Russ
20-11-2004, 00:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lisa C
No I can't see it
[/quote]

Hi Lisa,

Your image doesnt appear to be showing. The reason its not showing is because its trying to access a picture on your computer when the picture should actually be on the internet. If you right click on the picture (or where the picture should appear) and select 'properties' then you will see that it says file:///c:/documents%20and%20settings/colm/my%20documents/my%20pictures/palms_in_the_sun.gif

For the image to show on these forums it needs to have http:// or www. at the beginning. To upload your image free to the internet you can use the site that I made which allows people to upload forum avatars. It can be found at www.projectupload.com

I hope this helps in your quest to get your pictures working.
Russ

Nostromo
20-11-2004, 01:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
I can see it Nostromo but cannot decypher what it actually is, it is very black, put me out of my misery and tell me who or what it is? Looks like Outer space:D
[/quote]

It IS Outer Space. It is the Spaceship Nostromo from the original 1979 'Alien' movie. Might have been a bit before your time. :D

benfilo
20-11-2004, 02:01
I couldn't see it, then I realised I had this octopus like thing stuck on my face. looks good[gun]

benfilo

Ray&Sarah
20-11-2004, 03:25
It does seem a little dark but thats space for you.[msnwink][msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
20-11-2004, 12:16
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nostromo
[/quote]

It IS Outer Space. It is the Spaceship Nostromo from the original 1979 'Alien' movie. Might have been a bit before your time. :D
[/quote]

AAH late 70s was probably more into Grease and jumping about the lounge to that!!!Alien would have scared me!!!!

CarolAnn
20-11-2004, 12:19
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Some of us girlies are still none the wiser Nostromo!!!

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 12:19
me to CDV........must be the same or similar age then!!
but then have never liked spacey things !! [msnwink]

Lisa C
20-11-2004, 12:58
Hey Russ,

Thanks for the info. The website you refered me to is "experiencing some technical difficulties" so I will go back later.

Infact Tezz DMed a few time asking if i was having problems with my avatar.
"no I'm fine" says I.
I could see my palm trees (and still can) Sorry Tezz.

Nostromo
20-11-2004, 13:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

That's hardly surprising.........ooops! No, I did not say that! :D:D

Cruella DeVilla
20-11-2004, 15:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
[/quote]

That's hardly surprising.........ooops! No, I did not say that! :D:D
[/quote]

Yeh Nostromo, but what do you know about Manolo Blahniks!!!;);)

LiesaAnna
20-11-2004, 15:09
i know nothing what is it??????????:D

jolliffee
20-11-2004, 17:01
Oh! You girls are such teases, we all know you are big Alien fans [msnwink]

Nostromo
21-11-2004, 00:48
[quoteYeh Nostromo, but what do you know about Manolo Blahniks!!!;);)
[/quote]

Manolo Blahnik<span style="color:red">s</span id="red">? I did not know there was more than one of them. Wasn't he that banana loving half-Czech character who designed shoes for models and such? CDV, did you know that a lot of Blahnik's and other designer shoes are actually put together by Chinese workers these days? They are the best shoemakers in the world apparently.

MTP
21-11-2004, 03:55
Nostromo, great new avatar and I can see it, but I can't hear it.

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2004, 12:22

Manolo Blahnik<span style="color:red">s</span id="red">? I did not know there was more than one of them. Wasn't he that banana loving half-Czech character who designed shoes for models and such? CDV, did you know that a lot of Blahnik's and other designer shoes are actually put together by Chinese workers these days? They are the best shoemakers in the world apparently.

Ah I see you have been researching him on the www;);););)

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2004, 12:33

Cheeky boy, I was refering to the shoes not the designer, you normally get more than one shoe when you buy!!! I must fall under the "such" category not being the model type!!!!

A friend of mine used to be a boot maker in Canada in his younger days and when he say my latest purchase..a pair of Gucci shoes with 4 inch heels, he was drooling over how well made they were.......sado! I am away to check now where they were made!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway let's get back to spaceships, as I know absolutely zilch about them. Having to suffer Cape Canaveral in Decembre as Mr CDV has not been there yet, I visited about 12 years ago and was bored stiff. Maybe being more grown up this time will make a difference.
Think it is a boy thing!

Nostromo
21-11-2004, 14:27
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
[/quote]

Have you not heard an the Alien motto "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream" ? [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Nostromo
21-11-2004, 14:30

Ah I see you have been researching him on the www;);););)
[/quote]

No, I did not have to. The wife has mentioned him on a couple of occasions; I am sure she has a pair or two of MBs, but she is away in India at present and I am not about to dive into her shoe collection to find out!

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2004, 15:09
"I am sure she has a pair or two of MBs, but she is away in India at present and I am not about to dive into her shoe collection to find out"!

Go on I dare you!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Nostromo
21-11-2004, 16:26

"I am sure she has a pair or two of MBs, but she is away in India at present and I am not about to dive into her shoe collection to find out"!

Go on I dare you!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)]
[/quote]

No thank you. I wouldn't do it for Theophilus Sambatakakis, much less Manolo Blahnik.

MTP
22-11-2004, 04:50
[/quote]

Have you not heard an the Alien motto "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream" ? [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Precisely, was I being too subtle. Now what is that strange stomach upset I have ... ??

jolliffee
22-11-2004, 16:28
Nostromo, I'm sure your picture is of the towed platform, are you sure it is Nostromo.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jolliffee/2004112212280_nostromo3.jpg

MTP
22-11-2004, 17:41
Just been to Alien.com to have a look and see if there is a picture there - what a brilliant website. Definitely worth a look (and as the Aliens aren't selling car hire I am even going to post www.alien.com ! (how brave is that!![msnwink][msnsmile2])).

jolliffee
22-11-2004, 17:46
Here is Nostromo descending to the planet, from the towed platform.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/jolliffee/20041122134628_Nostromo1.jpg

Nostromo
22-11-2004, 18:28
Yes, you're right Dave. The visible thing in my existing Avatar is mostly the platform and not Nostromo itself. Later, I'll check your Alien website (assuming Big Sis has not decided that Aliens might sell Orlando tickets now that they are out of their manhunting business [msnwink]) and try to get an image of the mothership itself. Meanwhile, can you please e-mail me on how to get it on the web mode and not on my C-drive as I did last time?

blott
22-11-2004, 18:57
Just been to Alien.com to have a look and see if there is a picture there - what a brilliant website. Definitely worth a look (and as the Aliens aren't selling car hire I am eve going to post www.alien.com ! (how brave is that!![msnwink][msnsmile2])).[/quote]You're living dangerously Euan... :) [:P]

I loved the first review:

'Alien will scare the peanuts right out of your M&Ms' [msneek]

MTP
22-11-2004, 19:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
You're living dangerously Euan... :) [:P]

[/quote]

I know, but I don't know if I am more scared of the Aliens or the powers that be on this forum[msnoo]!!

Can you imagine how good they would be at selling the upgrades on the car hire - I mean if you get off a nine hour flight, go to pick up your rental and the Alien monster asks if you would like to upgrade to an SUV at a very reasonable rate - this weeks special are you going to say no?

blott
22-11-2004, 19:35
Oh, I'd pick the aliens if I were you - I look and behave (relatively) normally in comparison! [angel] :)

Not considered the car rental question really but I'm not very good with pushy salespersons on the whole... [laugh]

MTP
22-11-2004, 19:50
You could have so many visual gags of the Aliens working in different environments (or maybe that's just how my mind works).

Imagine the scene - Aileen creature standing behind counter with a McD's hat and badge on asking if you want to supersize that. Needless to say you would have to have them dripping acid blood for the full effect!

I wonder how many stars would be on their badges??

jolliffee
22-11-2004, 20:45
A case of eat or be eaten then[msnsad]

MTP
24-11-2004, 01:36
Much clearer new picture, Nostromo.

Nostromo
24-11-2004, 02:33
Much clearer new picture, Nostromo.
[/quote]

Thanks! That answers my question on whether others could see Nostromo's image. I have to say that it is entirely due to Jolliffe's help.

LiesaAnna
25-11-2004, 03:48
call me stupid (not really) but Nostromo i cant see anything now, and i think i saw a different picture earlier?

dont call me anything its back now [msnwink]