PDA

View Full Version : Holy Land Experience

orlandobabe
14-02-2002, 15:11
You know the one they are always blabbing on about on TIR radio (that and Flippas blooming pizzas!)!

Has anyone been? Does anyone know anyone who has been? Does anyone want to go even?

Does it even exist?

Put me out of my misery someone please!

Orlandobabe

deluxevillas
19-02-2002, 03:31
We saw this advertised in the UK but saw absolutely nothing on it last time we were in Florida. Perhaps it didn't take off and closed!
Does anyone else have info on it?

orlandobabe
20-02-2002, 16:56
Wellit is just off the I4 at Junction 31A-it is sort of sandwiched between the South OBT and the John Young Parkway on the corner of Conroy and Vineland.

It costs $22 for an adult day pass and $17 for a child. Parking is $3.
There's a Jerusalem Gold membership annual pass for $59.

They have special events like Passover Seder etc. Certainly the winter months sees them open from 9-5 or 6 (Sundays noon till 6)but I don't know whether it stays open later in the summer.

It must be doing ok as they are opening a new place that houses private collections of biblical antiquities this year. As well as transporting you back in time-there are also shows with a cast of 'dramatists'.

Sounds like it is worth a visit.

Orlandobabe

Carla
21-02-2002, 19:23
Guests of ours went to the Holy Land just after Christmas. They said that it was OK, but that they wouldn't consider going back again. Too expensive for what was actually there. Apparently you can easily see everything in a very short time, which makes the entrance fee very pricey.

orlandobabe
22-02-2002, 14:57
Isn't this forum wonderful?
That's really great knowing that Margot-and where else could you have found out something like that without spending your own hard earned cash.

If we can steer guests away from the 'not so good attractions' how much more appreciative will they be. Information like that could save a family of 5 a hundred bucks and a wasted day!

Orlandobabe