PDA

View Full Version : A true story??

pt cruiser
17-11-2004, 13:16
The accident occurred mainly because i had given in to my wife's wishes to adopt a cute little kitty.Initially, the new acquistion was no problem.Then one morning, i was taking my shower after breakfast when i heard my wife call out to me from the kitchen."Honey, the garbage disposal is dead again please come and reset it"
"you know where the button is" i protestedthrough the shower pitter-patter and steam."reset it yourself!"
"But i'm scared!" she protested "what if it starts going and sucks me in?"
There was a meaning ful pause and then. "C'mon it'll only take you a second"
So out i came, dripping wet and buck naked, hoping that my silent outraged ****** would make a statement about how i perceived her be haviour as extremely cowardly. Sighing loudly, i squatted down and stuck my head under the sink to find the button.
It is the last action i remember performing.
It struck without warning, and without any respect to my circumstances.No, it wasn't the hexed disposal drawing mev into it's gnashing metal teeth .Itwas our new kitty, which discovered the fascinating dangling objects she spied hanging between my legs.She had been poised around the corner and stalked me as i reached under the sink. And, at the precise moment when i was most vunerable, she leapt at the toys i unwittingly offered and sagged them with her neddle-like claws. I lost all rational thought to control orderly bodily movements, blindly rising at a violent rate of speed with the full wieght of a kitty hanging from "harry and the twins"[msneek]
Wild animals are sometimes faced with a fight or flight syndrome. Men, in this predicament, choose only the"flight" option. Iknow this from experience. iwas fleeing straight up into the air when the sink and cabinet bluntly and fotcefully impeded my ascent. The impact knocked me out cold. when i awoke, my wife and the paramedics stood over me. Nowthere are not many things an this life worse than finding oneself lying on the kitchen floor buck naked in front of a group of "been -here-done -that"paramadics. Even worse, having been fully briefed by the wife, the paramedics were all snorting loudly as they tried to conduct theirb work, all the while trying to suppress theit hysterical laughter.... and not succeeding.Somehow i lived through it all.
A few days later i finally made it back to the office, where colleagues tried to coax an explanation out of me about my head injury.I kept silent, claiming it was to painful to talk about...which it was
"What's the matter?" They all asked "Cat got your tongue?"
Close but not exactly.[msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased

Ann-Marie
17-11-2004, 13:58
Whoa, painful or what! However, made me laugh so much everyone in the office had to come over to my desk and see what it was all about.

Good to start the day with a chuckle:D:D

Seriously, hope you recovered well and are not too mentally scarred!:D:D

Liam_Sandie
17-11-2004, 14:04
ouch!!! excellent story, certainly brought a smile to my face!![msnwink] Although Liam is cringing![msncry]

CarolAnn
17-11-2004, 14:47
Fantastic!!! Sorry to laugh, but that was nearly an egg sandwich all over the keyboard moment!!:D:D[clap][clap]
And NO, I do not approve of people eating or drinking near the pc!![msnembarrased]

Kissyme
17-11-2004, 15:03
You poor man !!!
Hope not too much damage was done to the "important areas".
I live in a houseful of men and I am always telling them that not everyone needs to view everything all the time.........Maybe I should buy a kitten lol

Nostromo
17-11-2004, 15:25
It will make a swell script for the next 'Mr Bean' episode! [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

mollymoo
17-11-2004, 16:15
Fantastic [msntongue][msntongue]

Will have to DH about that one

Kerry-Ann

LiesaAnna
17-11-2004, 16:29
[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
hope it didnt swell to much![msnwink]

sorted!!!!!
we're friends again![msnwink]

Sally D
17-11-2004, 18:00
I enjoy Leisa and Lynne's chat room. Although I don't join in I always have a read and I don't see what harm it is doing. Keep it up ladies.:D:D

LiesaAnna
17-11-2004, 18:20
thanks Sally!
Lynne is constantly mad!!!!
its not me!
cant wait to meet her in real life![msnwink]
you remember in 14 days.............[msnwink]

KJH
17-11-2004, 20:28
:([V]
[laugh] Sorry the above two smilies popped into my head.

Hope the twins weren't as bad as this.[angel]

Kaz

Ray&Sarah
17-11-2004, 20:53
Ouch!!!! Sorry had to laugh though, must be the way you tell them.:D[msnwink]

Calamity Jane
17-11-2004, 22:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
thanks Sally!
Lynne is constantly mad!!!!
its not me!
cant wait to meet her in real life![msnwink]
you remember in 14 days.............[msnwink]
[/quote]

I know Lynne really well and when you get together I am sure that neither of you will get a word in edgewise, [chatter][chatter][chatter][chatter]
She's lovely but as mad as a hatter( arn't you luvvie ......if you're out there ?????)[grin][grin]

By the way PT Cruiser sorry to hear about your predicament:D:D
What happened to the poor cat ???:D:D

LiesaAnna
17-11-2004, 22:16
Thanks Karen
hope we get on as well in real life, cos things like that matter so much to me!
love her [msnwink]

we're going on holiday in 14 days.....[msntongue]

Calamity Jane
17-11-2004, 22:36
Liesa...I predict lots of gabbing and drinking and more gabbing, you'll miss me by a couple of days as I go out on the 17th Dec, Lynne has stayed in one of my villas and funnily enough doesn't live too far away from me, both her and her friend Dawn ( Daybreak ) are fab, I know you will get on with Lynne like a house on fire, you will feel like you have known her for years, trust me. Hope you have a great time:D:D

Michele L
17-11-2004, 22:49
What a great story - I am still laughing, cannot wait till the other half comes home to show him it.

Although this happened to me last night when I was naked!!not as funny as PT'S but a bit scary.

Watching the old but perfectly working telly (with the cat!!) all of a sudden the telly goes all funny - you know how it is, turning on and off, getting the purple haze around the edges when you know it is on its way out. Anyway, waited for it to come back on. At this stage the cat gets up and goes to the edge of the bed, ears pricking up. I then notice that it is making a crackling sound.
Right better get closer to have a look, still making a sound, purple haze so I do the woman thing and switch it off on the set! Job done ( or so I thought)
Still making a sound, getting louder, cat is now running away, still lots of lights (woman question - but why is there lights on when I have switched it off??) I know I will call the other half as I am naked and it is an electrical item (mans job)....
Go to fetch him, into bedroom, now full of smoke!! oh dear. "Why did you not switch it off at the mains?, you silly woman (well a bit stronger))"Open the door,", he said. Cut a long story short - the telly blew up and caught fire, he is trying to get it out the house, but it is a bit hot at this stage and the smoke is getting thicker. but finally put the telly outside and the fire!!.

One good thing though, the cat did the decent thing and ran out the cat flap and did not jump onto my naked body!! So it looks like I had a lucky escape compared to PT CRUISER
Also I get to go shopping for a new telly for Xmas[msnembarrased] [msnoo] [msnsad]

Michele

jolliffee
17-11-2004, 23:01
Ouch! as a guy just couldn't laugh at this one felt the pain through the forum brought tears to my eyes [msncry]

daisy
18-11-2004, 00:16
dont think i have laughed so much in ages i was crying [msncry]laughing, sorry i sure it must have been very painful ! hope you got a tetanus update after that !

Ruth
18-11-2004, 00:56
A brilliant story and one which will entertain all the staff at our veterinary hospital tomorrow:D

KJH
18-11-2004, 02:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Michele L
What a great story - I am still laughing, cannot wait till the other half comes home to show him it.

Although this happened to me last night when I was naked!!not as funny as PT'S but a bit scary.

Watching the old but perfectly working telly (with the cat!!) all of a sudden the telly goes all funny - you know how it is, turning on and off, getting the purple haze around the edges when you know it is on its way out. Anyway, waited for it to come back on. At this stage the cat gets up and goes to the edge of the bed, ears pricking up. I then notice that it is making a crackling sound.
Right better get closer to have a look, still making a sound, purple haze so I do the woman thing and switch it off on the set! Job done ( or so I thought)
Still making a sound, getting louder, cat is now running away, still lots of lights (woman question - but why is there lights on when I have switched it off??) I know I will call the other half as I am naked and it is an electrical item (mans job)....
Go to fetch him, into bedroom, now full of smoke!! oh dear. "Why did you not switch it off at the mains?, you silly woman (well a bit stronger))"Open the door,", he said. Cut a long story short - the telly blew up and caught fire, he is trying to get it out the house, but it is a bit hot at this stage and the smoke is getting thicker. but finally put the telly outside and the fire!!.

One good thing though, the cat did the decent thing and ran out the cat flap and did not jump onto my naked body!! So it looks like I had a lucky escape compared to PT CRUISER
Also I get to go shopping for a new telly for Xmas[msnembarrased] [msnoo] [msnsad]

Michele

[/quote]
I hope there was not too much other damage to your house,

as you say, It's more than a bit scary.[:O]

Kaz

LiesaAnna
18-11-2004, 03:06
Michele
am sorry but thats funny!
pity you didnt have to call the fire brigade tho'[msnwink]

Michele L
20-11-2004, 00:21
Just read your addition liesa anna, I know exactly what you are thinking -cor[}:)][msntongue]