PDA

View Full Version : Working holiday!!

chris c
16-11-2004, 18:54
Have not been back a week and it feels like ages already.
How come 10 days in Florida seemed to whizz by?
Will not bore everyone with the whole trip, as most of it was spent wrestling with screwdrivers (sadly not the drinking kind) and visits to WalMart.
My husband did manage 4 rounds of golf during our stay and we managed one day out together at Seaworld.
We chose to go to Seaworld for the day because it was recommended by our daughters who had been out in September and anyway I am not really a fan of rides! I can't even manage the big wheel on Worthing seafront.
The most entertaining part of the day for me was the mime artist in the Clyde and Seamore show. It was worth getting to the show early just to watch his performance. The show itself was also very well done. Who can resist performing seals?

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/20041116144328_seaworld1.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/2004111614448_seaworld2.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/20041116145042_seaworld3.jpg

We also enjoyed Pets Ahoy. Cats, dogs, birds, a mouse and a pig all perform!

Another highlight of the day for me was seeing the manatees. We went to see them some years ago at Homassassa Springs and thought then how magnificent they were. It is really sad that so many of them are injured by boats and have to be rescued.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/20041116144958_seaworld5.jpg

One new feature since our last visit was Dolphin Cove where you could get up really close to the dolphins and touch them. The one in this picture looks very friendly, but was actually a bit aggressive. Maybe it was because I didn't have any fish to give him!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/chris c/20041116145522_seaworld4.jpg

Seaworld is a definite must for all to visit!
[clap]

Ray&Sarah
16-11-2004, 19:56
My son and his girlfriend went to Seaworld when we were in Orlando a few weeks ago and she said the dolphins were "nasty". Think it was the fact that she didn't have any food for them. SHe loved the killer whales though, said they were the highlight for her.
Great photos.[msnsmile2]

TINAPETERS
16-11-2004, 20:12
Hi
Great Photos, Seaworld is my favourite day out

linsan
16-11-2004, 20:26
Lovely photos. Seaworld is my favourite park, I could and do spend many an hour there.

LiesaAnna
16-11-2004, 20:28
never been there before, but am really looking forward to going there in 2 weeks!!!!!:D
thanks for sharing these lovely pictures with us Christine!:)

CarolAnn
16-11-2004, 20:40
We go to Seaworld about every other visit if we can! I adore the shows, and your pictures capture the feel really well Chris[msnsmile2] My daughter always used to love sitting near the front for the Shamu show...I wonder why[msnwink][msnwink]

Madabouttigger
16-11-2004, 20:52
Thanks for the photos, I love sea world too and the Mime artist had us in fits of giggles too.
[msnsmile2]

KarenScott
17-11-2004, 04:05
Hi Christine
Love your photos - they are really clear.
We too have just got back from our villa and sounds as if we were doing the same things! My husband now has more tools in our villa than back at home!
We probably were in The Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart just like you!
Back for a rest now!

chrizzy100
17-11-2004, 04:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Marthas Harbour
Hi Christine
Love your photos - they are really clear.
We too have just got back from our villa and sounds as if we were doing the same things! My husband now has more tools in our villa than back at home!
We probably were in The Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart just like you!
Back for a rest now![/quote]

It look like time and money well spent.......your home looks very nice.......[msnsmile2]

jolliffee
17-11-2004, 18:06
Great pictures, they bring back some good memories[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
18-11-2004, 20:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
My son and his girlfriend went to Seaworld when we were in Orlando a few weeks ago and she said the dolphins were "nasty". Think it was the fact that she didn't have any food for them. SHe loved the killer whales though, said they were the highlight for her.
Great photos.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

:D:D:D
The Dolphins are "snobby" if you do not have food for them they do not want to know! Well next to humans they are the next intelligent apparently!!

When we first went to Seaworld a few years back I made Mr CDV, before we were married, empty his wallet to buy fish for the Dolphins as I loved them....he should have clicked then I liked to spend!!!

On our wedding anniversary this year we decided to go back and see them, I managed to get three lots of fish out of him, well the Dolphins did, he gave them one fish and I fed them the rest, we had some great photos and a video. I love the Dolphins but I am not keen on the performing acts they have at Seaworld!