PDA

View Full Version : Car booster seats

Sputnick
15-11-2004, 19:55
Is it worth taking our grandchildrens car booster seats with us to FL they are only light as the kids just need a bit more height for the seat belts.Do Virgin carry them free???as we have to take 2 strollers.

christhear
15-11-2004, 20:36
If you've got spare capacity I would advise taking them, I have seen many going round on the carosel. If your grandchildren are 5 or under they will legally need them. I actually saw some people using them for children to sit on in the plane, but I think this is unnecessary.

ellie
15-11-2004, 21:03
You can hire booster seats with your car, $6 a day on this site. If the children are under 5 then you will not be able to take the car without them as they are a legal requirement. In any case, it will be more comfortable for the children to have them, so would recommend them, either way.

Hope you all have a great time.

TINAPETERS
15-11-2004, 23:16
I am packing my booster seat into a suitcase, it worked out cheaper to buy one than to hire one for 3 weeks.
Also we did not have instructions on fitting last time that we hired one but the condition of the seat was acceptable.

Iain Watt
15-11-2004, 23:31
I'd certainly recommend taking them with you. We did last month and it was much easier and cheaper than previous years.

We've found in the past that they give you a full childseat (not a booster) even for a 4 year-old! He wasn't impressed. :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-11-2004, 23:38
The car hire companies do not hire out booster seats as far as we are aware. They will rent baby seats though.

We always take our own as we know where they have been (do not have umpteen sets of baby dribble on them) and the children are much more relaxed in something that they are used to and more importantly something that fits them.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
You can hire booster seats with your car, $6 a day on this site. If the children are under 5 then you will not be able to take the car without them as they are a legal requirement. In any case, it will be more comfortable for the children to have them, so would recommend them, either way.

Hope you all have a great time.
[/quote]

millie
16-11-2004, 02:15
I would recommend taking your own.

We rented one from dollar when we got our car and it was of unacceptable standard. There were no fitting instructions and the dollar guys would not even touch the seat of fear of being sued. They would not even show me how to fit it! I did at last figure it our but it did not fit properly into the seat. (you know what it is like when you buy one - you make sure it fits your car). The seat was basically held in place by a strap on the back parcel shelf as there was no way of locking the belt around it. It was skidding and sliding about the back seat as the seats were leather.
We did take it back saying it did not fit but we were given the same seat in a different colour.

Eventually we saw a great guy at Dollar because the air con broke and he upgraded the car to a MPV with integral car seats which were fantastic! If your vehicle hasn't got these ( I would phone to check) I would definetely take your own!!!!

16-11-2004, 18:34
I agree with all of the above, booster or car seats take your own![msnsmile]