PDA

View Full Version : can't log in

linsan
15-11-2004, 16:53
I was quite happily using the forum and went to post a reply when suddenly it said I wasn't authorised. So I logged in again and it said I was successfully logged on and then promptly took me back to the main forum topics and I wasn't logged in! Help!

blott
15-11-2004, 17:30
Try clearing your cookies and logging in again afterwards.

linsan
15-11-2004, 19:54
Tried that Blott and no luck. Was ok and then wasn't, is someone trying to tell me something[msnoo]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-11-2004, 20:04
No one is trying to tell you anything. Blott is right - it's definitely a cookie problem on ytour PC.

You need to clear ALL cookies on your PC, re-boot the PC and try again.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Tried that Blott and no luck. Was ok and then wasn't, is someone trying to tell me something[msnoo]
[/quote]

linsan
15-11-2004, 21:28
Thanks I'll have another go - cheers

linsan
15-11-2004, 22:14
Hi

I've deleted all my cookies and rebooted (with the help of my son) and I still can't log on. My son has tried on his pc and can successfully log in as me so it's obviously my pc - dont know what to do next. Could I re-register with another name, will that work?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-11-2004, 22:49
Has anything else changed on your PC - have you installed any software or changed any settings? Or could anyone else have done this on the PC?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linsan
Hi

I've deleted all my cookies and rebooted (with the help of my son) and I still can't log on. My son has tried on his pc and can successfully log in as me so it's obviously my pc - dont know what to do next. Could I re-register with another name, will that work?
[/quote]

linsan
16-11-2004, 00:07
I last logged into the forum yesterday lunch time-ish as normal and Drew hasn't changed anything (not that he's aware of anyway)as he leaves all the settings to me or my son. There's been no software changes either so I'm stumped[msnsad]

linsan
16-11-2004, 00:18
Sorry John just discovered what I had done - when checking the no of weeks for an enquiry I had accidently changed the clock to 2005. My Norton anti-virus then said that it had expired and that I was nolonger covered. I checked the status and discovered that the expiry date was 5/4/2005 which didn't make sense until I checked the computer calendar!!!
So sorry and I feel really stupid but thanks for the help. At least I can get back to the forum now[msnsmile2]