PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen anyone emptying the trash???

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 02:17
No? and you won't either because its all sucked out of the bins underground!!!!

I apologise in advance for anyone that doesn't find this remotely amazing or interesting, I thought it was cool, but have bored everyone I know with this tale, so it's your turn guys!!

Anita

traceya89
15-11-2004, 02:51
you learn something new every day[beer]

kaysvacationvilla
15-11-2004, 04:24
I didn't know that either. I knew they had a whole underground world there, but never thought about the trash. Interesting!

mollymoo
15-11-2004, 16:18
Wow, you wait till I tell the lot we're going on holiday with they are going to be so impressed[msntongue]

Mind you they will properly tell me to shut up as I'm doing a countdown and we're not going to August[}:)][}:)]

Kerry-Ann

Lesley S
15-11-2004, 16:49
We see people emptying the bins all the time. They put them into carts and wheel them away.

Magical Dreams
15-11-2004, 16:55
Maybe the UK should adopt the same idea to keep Britain Tidy

KJH
15-11-2004, 18:52
Anywhere we have stayed in the past had bin men come round...

Nostromo
15-11-2004, 20:00
I think Chunkichik means the trash bins in the theme parks and not outside the villas. But if you find your neighbours digging up their drive to search for their missing cat, then you know that the system is availble for villa communities as well. :D

chunkichik
15-11-2004, 22:26
Yes I did mean the theme parks, thanks Nostromo!!!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-11-2004, 22:52
It's a Swedish made system that does it too. We were told (and shown) all about it on our Keys To The Kingdom tour (see http://www.park-tickets.com/KeysToTheKingdom.aspx for more information).

KJH
15-11-2004, 23:15
Thank goodness it's Disney, I'm prone to disasters, I can just imagine me suddenly whooshing throught the rubbish underground.

Kaz

Lesley S
15-11-2004, 23:20
My response was for just Disney, we have seen the bins being emptied.

Ruth
15-11-2004, 23:53
So have I Lesley

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunnysideFlorida

[/quote]

Nostromo
16-11-2004, 00:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SunnysideFlorida

[/quote]

Maybe the bin had pulled in something that it shouldn't have done. We have all heard of "something the cat dragged in".... this sounds like something that could drag the cat in!

chunkichik
16-11-2004, 03:48
apologies to Sunnyside and Ruth [:I][:I][:I] Obviously a travesty has occured!!

This too probably a result of Mr E (bring back Roy!!!)

CarolAnn
17-11-2004, 14:53
There is always something new to watch out for in Disney isn't there?:D Heck sometimes we go for the rides and the shows[msnwink][msnwink]
But, I must admit, I did see some bins being emptied at Easter by Hand!![:O][:O]

mrs d smith
17-11-2004, 14:54
Thanks Chunkichik, I love Disney but I didnt know that[msnsmile][msnsmile][msnsmile]

amy
17-11-2004, 18:45
This system must not operate on all the bins, there was a guy emptying them the old fashioned way the other day out side Casey's on Main Street.

Magical Dreams
18-11-2004, 03:19
Must be a new bin then!!

Probably need to earn the right to have it emptied automatically!

[angel]

daxon
18-11-2004, 17:55
They haven't come up with a similar system for the "trash" produced by the horses on the parades yet though!!!! Loved the little 'chinese' men running around with shovels in the Mulan parade when we saw it at MGM!!:D:D:D

chunkichik
20-11-2004, 22:25
I would assume that the system is only used on bins that were there when the park was built in 1971, after all, they never close do they, and they probably don't want to give out too many secrets!

There must have been many more bins added in recent years to cope with the increase in visitors, as John and Sarah kindly pointed out, it does exist as they have seen it!!!

roger
21-11-2004, 13:01
The tour John and I took (see link above) mentioned that there was never more that 30 feet between any 2 bins over the entire park. You would imagine therefore that all you would ever see is bins but they are all colour coordinated in such a way so they are not 'in your face'.

Walt Disney apparently did a study in other parks before building Magic Kingdom in Florida - he handed out sweets to children, free of charge, and watched the kids walk away (would probably get arrested for that these days [msnscared]), and measure the average distance that a child dropped the wrapper on the floor. That happened to be 30 feet, even if there was a bin within 10 feet of where the child was. If there did happen to be a bin at the point where the child had unwrapped the sweets then the child would use the bin, but would rarely go out of their way, even by 10 feet to put it in the bin.

chunkichik
22-11-2004, 03:41
He could have done that test in my house, my kids rarely put anything in the bin!!!!

Mo Guest
12-08-2005, 17:48
Hi all,

I bet you've never seen a delivery van either.

No-one getting in your way delivering foods, merchandise or anything else for that matter.

It must be midnight deliveries only!

Mo

millie
12-08-2005, 21:08
YOu are both kind of right!! We are just back from the keys to the Kingdom tour where they discussed trash at great length!!!:)

What actually happens is that there are people emptying the trash cans - they are dressed in white uniforms. This is because it gives the illusion of being clean. If you think about it if the person cleaning the trash is in white - it must be!
They then take the trash to backstage and they sort it. Disney have a recycle policy but do not expect the guest to do it. They sort out the recyclable trash into bins and the stuff that cannot be recycled is put in a vacuum system which does suck it to a central point.

So yes it does get sucked away but not until it has been collected and sorted by a castmember!:)

Hope that clears it up!

By the way Keys to the Kingdom is fascinating and would highly recommend doing it!

Lx

Lesley S
12-08-2005, 22:49
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/SunnysideFlorida/2005812184913_bin.jpg

This is a picture of one of the staff in white, emptying the bins!!!

CarolAnn
06-02-2006, 00:29
OMG!!! I think seeing it in a picture is just too much to bare[msnwink]

lynny
06-08-2006, 16:12
Good to see that they do actually empty the trash..yes the underground thing is clever but..just a bit lazy dont you think?[msntongue]