PDA

View Full Version : Visa Lottery - Foreign Parents

hurricanesarah
13-11-2004, 03:25
To cut a long complicated story short. My friend who I was telling you about regarding the visa application I recently asked advice for, well him and his wife were over yesterday for dinner and we were discussing our E2 visa route with them. Much to my surprise/jealousy/horror, he said that he was going to apply for the Visa lottery. I said he couldn't do this because he was born in this country but he said he would still probably qualify for an application because both of his parents were born overseas (different countries to each other mind but he could apply under either of those?!). Anyway he said he applied in the past to have sponsorship from his family in Florida because his dad is now a US citizen and so are all his siblings (first marriage not his mum) and he said that failed with his dad because he hadn't known his dad since he was a baby and because he is illegitimate the US didn't acknowledge illegitimate children on the father's side. Hmmm...?? [msnscared] Anyway he said it would be too long for him to wait for sponsorship from his brother or sister but he would now apply for visa lottery and whatnot. So what do you make of this? Is this viable? What about his family sponsorship...? Of course I'd love my friend there with me but considering how much money we are going to have to pay through the nose to get there, I can't deny I'm jealous a little.[msncry]

Any views/advice? [msnembarrased]

Ray9
13-11-2004, 08:49
Sounds like he could apply for the Diversity lottery, Buy you lottery ticket this weekend, he has about the same chance as you have. Family sponsorship thru a sibling take years, in fact a friend of mine in the UK just got his GC thru his sister ..total time 13 years.