PDA

View Full Version : 767-300 leg room?

phaedra
08-11-2002, 21:48
My lovely doctor has just charged me £25 for a letter to say I have osteoarthritis but wouldn't say I needed extra leg room to fly (I'm 6'6' which doesn't help!).

Martinair have pre-booked seats for us but none of them look as if they have extra leg room, does anyone know if these seats actually have any extra room?

N1 -1DAVISON/JEFFREYMR # 28E - Mine :)
N2 -1DAVISON/MIRIAMMRS # 28F
N3 -1DAVISON/ADAMMSTR # 28G
N4 -1DAVISON/JAREDMSTR # 29F
N5 -1DAVISON/CHARLOTTEMISS # 29G
N6 -1WILSON/GEORGEMR # 30F
N7 -1WILSON/MICHAELMR # 30G

I found a good seat plan here,

http://www.delta.com/travel/maps_guides/aircraft/b-767-300/index.jsp

Carla
08-11-2002, 23:04
You really need to ask for bulk head seats as these often have more room. On the diagram it looks as though 27 C-E would be your best bet. With 25 A,B and 25 G.F as your second options. They probably wouldn't allocate you anything in row 25 (or the pairs of seats in row 27) because you have a doctors certificate and they'll say that you are not medically fully fit to help others in an emergency, so can't have an exit seat.

There is no extra legroom on your pre-booked seats.

blott
09-11-2002, 00:02
Phaedra

Not all 767-300s have the same seating plan or row numbers! This really depends on the airline you are flying with. Although the exits, wings, etc will obviously be in the same place, they may have more or less first class seating and have different row numbers.

You've chosen a Delta seating plan which could possibly be entirely different to that of Martinair. It depends on the seating configuration the airline you're travelling with have chosen for their 767-300 planes. That's how there are differing seat pitches on airlines (even though they may all fly the same type of planes) - they get to choose how many and what type of seats they put in their planes.

My advice would be to go back to Martinair and ask if the seats you've been allocated are bulkhead seats and whether they provide additional leg room on their planes. As Carla says, they're unlikely to issue you with exit row seats as anyone placed in those seats needs to be considered fit enough to open the doors and help other passengers in an emergency and, as you've got a doctor's letter saying you're not fit because of your OA, then they would not seat you in those rows.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-11-2002, 00:45
Just pinched this one off the Martinair website. It's a B767-300ER which is the type they are likely to be operated on the Orlando route.

Looking at the plan, row 28 looks like it's about half way back in the rear cabin, just behind the wings. Would not have thought that would have any more legroom than any other seat.

/forums/Data/2002118204459_b767.gif