PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve or Christmas Day Mass

caseyd
09-11-2004, 23:58
I'll take a chance on this one: does anyone have any recommendations in the Disney/Hwy 192 area for a Catholic church for a nice Christmas Eve or Christmas day mass?

Ruth
10-11-2004, 01:05
As far as I know there is only one Catholic Church in the area. We went there in the summer and it is lovely. We will be there on Christmas Day too:)Here is a link which hopefully is okay, if there is a problem and it is removed just DM me :)

http://www.maryqueenoftheuniverse.org/

DaveL
10-11-2004, 04:01
This may be closer depending on where you are staying, very nice design of Church.

Dave

Holy Redeemer Church
1603 North Thacker Avenue
Kissimmee, Florida 34741-3017

http://www.hredeemer.catholicweb.com/

caseyd
10-11-2004, 06:02
Thanks to you both. Ruth, I had to laugh- I don't think the higher ups would remove a link to a church, unless they rent villas (you never know, I guess...)

Newhomebuyer
10-11-2004, 11:28
We often go to Mary Queen of the Universe but on Christmas Day Mass is usually said at the convention Centre at the Contemporary, so we go there.

caseyd
10-11-2004, 18:33
I saw on Mary Queen of the Universe's website that they used to do Mass at Disney, but it has stopped. If there is a Mass at Contemporary Resort, we may look into that as we are staying at Oak Island Harbor, right across from Disney. Newhomebuyer, what is that Mass like- is it really crowded and hectic w/all the little kiddies?

Newhomebuyer
13-11-2004, 12:58
The regular Mass at the Contemporary has stopped, but they still usually celebrate the one on Chrismas day.
It is crowded but it is much closer for us than going over to Mary Queen of the Universe, because our home is on Acadia, very close to Oak Island Harbour.
We will check the Sunday before as we are there from the 16th. Will you have access to a computer at your villa so that I can DM you and let you know?

caseyd
15-11-2004, 23:43
New homebuyer: Yes, I will have a laptop and will check here for a PM. I woudl really appreciate that. Thanks very much.

Newhomebuyer
24-12-2004, 00:11
Hi Casey I have sent you a DM. Hope you get it in time

Ruth
24-12-2004, 08:32
Is there one at the Contempory this year? If so what time is it please?

Newhomebuyer
24-12-2004, 16:08
Hi Ruth,
The masses at Contemporary are at 8 o'clock and 10 o' clock in the Fantasia ballroom. These masses have been arranged quite recently as they have only just managed to find enough priests to cover them. I was given this information at mass last Sunday at Mary Queen of the Universe Shrine so presume that it is accurate. We usually go there if we are going to Magic Kindom for Christmas Day but the music and solemnity of the mass at the Shrine is a wonderful way to celebrate at midnight on Christmas Eve.

Ruth
25-12-2004, 01:46
Thanks very much Newhomebuyer. I am not sure which service we will go to yet:)