PDA

View Full Version : New phone

weemac
10-11-2004, 00:35
Can anyone give me any ideas for my xmas pressie - i am looking to buy a new mobile phone which has a camera and is easy to use (and not too expensive) - any recommendations from anyone[?][?] My hubbie has said i can treat myself to a new phone and if it has a camera, i can send home a picture from our next Florida holiday and make my family really jealous!!![^]

Ray&Sarah
10-11-2004, 00:41
Try looking on the link website or the cpw one, virgin do some good deals on their site too, offering £35 worth of credit with some. Make sure you choose a network that has roaming in the US though. Our son had a Motorola camera phone which is quite good, he was on Orange but switched to O2 as Orange could not give him coverage in Florida.[msnsmile2]

wiljohn
10-11-2004, 01:26
The last place I would buy a phone from, would be the Link, their after sales service is rubbish.
Ive used virgin since and found them far superior to the Link, any phone problem and virgin send you another phone the following day.
John.

amy
10-11-2004, 04:02
What ever type you get,dont put it in you shirt pocket and bend down near to the toilet:(
it been on the pool deck all day drying out it the sun, hope it still works in the morning when I test it.[msnembarrased]

Ray&Sarah
10-11-2004, 04:08
Oh dear, hope it dries out ok![msneek]

amy
10-11-2004, 06:07
Just tried it and not as yet[msnsad] have just had to swap the sim into Jens phone as it wouldn't work, I'll try again tommorrow.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
[/quote]

CERICROWLEY
10-11-2004, 14:12
If you are on contract. We have just upgraded some of our family phones. All triband, one is the Nokia 6610i. Did have the Nokia 6230, but couldn't get on with the middle button, like a joystick thing. changed it for a Nokia 7610 with has a megapixel camera.

We are with Orange on monthly contract and have no problems with the coverage. Are with Pay as you go then?

Sarah

LiesaAnna
10-11-2004, 14:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
Just tried it and not as yet[msnsad] have just had to swap the sim into Jens phone as it wouldn't work, I'll try again tommorrow.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
[/quote]
[/quote]

open up the back and dry it using a hairdryer! gentle speed if you have one![msnwink] hope it works for you!:)