PDA

View Full Version : Arabian Nights - best night to go?

phaedra
08-11-2002, 00:50
Hi, we've got tickets from those nice people at ticketmania.com :) the quastion is, is there a 'best night' for the show. ie not too busy etc.[?] We're there from Dec 6th until the 21st.

Ann
08-11-2002, 01:04
HI
not sure about a best night we went in october and as the seating is arranged so that you all get a good view it should not be a problem
You eat when the show is on so the whole thing lasts just under 2 hours
hope this helps

blott
08-11-2002, 02:14
We had to buy our tickets for a specific night, presumably so that they can make sure they don't sell more than the capacity. However, it's a huge place and, unless you're going on a really popular night, you shouldn't have any problems.

I would have said that the earlier you go in December the better and aim for any day apart from a Friday, Saturday or Sunday when it's probably busier.

If you like horses, it's a great show and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

tinkerbell
08-11-2002, 14:34
Speaking of horses........! If you have little ones (or even not so little ones!) who are interested in the horses, then make sure to hang around at the end as they all walk out to the side of the ring where the performers sign autographs and answer questions, and you can stroke the horses. It's nice to see that they are so well looked after.

phaedra
08-11-2002, 21:42
Thanks folks :)

Only 4 weeks to go:D

My lovely doctor has just charged me £25 for a letter to say I have osteoarthritis but wouldn't say I needed extra leg room to fly (I'm 6'6" which doesn't help!).

Martinair have pre-booked seats for us but none of them look as if they have extra leg room, I'll post a seperate thread to see if anyone knows different:)

orlandobabe
13-11-2002, 15:52
I don't know who ticketmania is-but we bought our tickets from a well known lady on the 192 and we got a discount of about $10 on the door price.

Enjoy the show-my big regret-I didn't get a picture of the unicorn-so make sure you keep your camera primed!

phaedra
15-11-2002, 03:33
Hi Orlandobabe :), http://www.ticketmania.com we got ours for $25 each about 45% off the ticket face value, they're listed in the "exclusive tickets" section, we also got a good deal on Kennedy tickets from them and free shipping to the Uk in less than a week!. Looks like I'm going to need another couple of suitcases when we come back, my shopping list is getting bigger by the day, I've just added a Canon inkjet printer that's not available here yet and is less than half the expected UK discount price!, hope I still have time to take the kids to the parks with all this shopping to do :D

clare
16-11-2002, 02:15
Hi
I preferred Medievil Times, the food was better and they kept to the same period of time e.g. knights etc.
Clare
Sunset Lakes

phaedra
24-12-2002, 01:17
Hi all :)

We went to the 6pm Friday night show, all I can say is I'm glad we didn't pay full price for the tickets!, the show was mediocre at best and the food was very poor, the beef was almost cooked and very chewy, the salad was limp and warm. My wife had the vegetarian lasagne and found it really cheesey flavoured, kids were OK with the chicken fingers.

My wife's friend from Spring Hill (Florida) told us some of her friends had been a couple of weeks ago and had all been ill the next day!.

Other than that, the broken pool heating and the weather it was fine :)